1. Which part of the atmosphere enables the propagation of radio signals around the world?
2. What is component 9 in figure T2?
3. How would you change a dipole antenna to make it resonant on a higher frequency?
4. Which of the following establishes grounding requirements for an amateur radio tower or antenna?
5. What can happen if a lead-acid storage battery is charged or discharged too quickly?
6. Which term describes the ability of a receiver to discriminate between multiple signals?
7. What is the name for a current that reverses direction on a regular basis?
8. Which of the following controls could be used if the voice pitch of a single-sideband signal seems too high or low?
9. To which foreign stations do the FCC rules authorize the transmission of non-emergency third party communications?
10. What is the "Q" signal used to indicate that you are changing frequency?
11. What is an appropriate way to call another station on a repeater if you know the other station's call sign?
12. What is the function of component 2 in Figure T1?
13. What might be the problem if you receive a report that your audio signal through the repeater is distorted or unintelligible?
14. What class of electronic components is capable of using a voltage or current signal to control current flow?
15. What might cause erratic changes in SWR readings?
16. What term describes the number of times per second that an alternating current reverses direction?
17. What factors affect the RF exposure of people near an amateur station antenna?
18. What is the FCC Part 97 definition of a space station?
19. How do you select a specific IRLP node when using a portable transceiver?
20. What is the ability to store energy in an electric field called?
21. What types of international communications are permitted by an FCC-licensed amateur station?
22. What type of electrical component stores energy in a magnetic field?
23. What is probably happening when an ohmmeter, connected across a circuit, initially indicates a low resistance and then shows increasing resistance with time?
24. What is generally the best time for long-distance 10 meter band propagation?
25. Which type of conductor is best to use for RF grounding?
26. Which amateur stations may make contact with an amateur station on the International Space Station using 2 meter and 70 cm band amateur radio frequencies?
27. When may an amateur station use any means of radio communications at its disposal for essential communications in connection with immediate safety of human life and protection of property?
28. Which of the following instruments can be used to determine if an antenna is resonant at the desired operating frequency?
29. What is an amateur station control point?
30. What is the approximate amount of change, measured in decibels (dB), of a power increase from 20 watts to 200 watts?
31. What is a "parity" bit?
32. What do the FCC rules mean when an amateur frequency band is said to be available on a secondary basis?
33. What is the voltage across a 2-ohm resistor if a current of 0.5 amperes flows through it?
34. What is the approximate bandwidth of a VHF repeater FM phone signal?
35. Which of the following types of communications are permitted in the Amateur Radio Service?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).
Log in to set preferences.