1. What is the ITU?
2. What best describes a relay?
3. What term describes the number of times per second that an alternating current reverses direction?
4. Which part of the atmosphere enables the propagation of radio signals around the world?
5. Which amateur stations may make contact with an amateur station on the International Space Station using 2 meter and 70 cm band amateur radio frequencies?
6. Which battery type is not rechargeable?
7. What should you do if you receive a report that your station's transmissions are causing splatter or interference on nearby frequencies?
8. Which of the following is an important safety rule to remember when using a crank-up tower?
9. Which instrument is used to measure electric current?
10. What is the ability to store energy in a magnetic field called?
11. What instrument other than an SWR meter could you use to determine if a feedline and antenna are properly matched?
12. What set of rules applies to proper operation of your station when using amateur radio at the request of public service officials?
13. What is a disadvantage of the "rubber duck" antenna supplied with most handheld radio transceivers?
14. What kind of hazard is presented by a conventional 12-volt storage battery?
15. Which semiconductor component has an emitter electrode?
16. How might you obtain a list of active nodes that use VoIP?
17. Which is a good reason to use a regulated power supply for communications equipment?
18. Which of the following is a valid US amateur radio station call sign?
19. Which of the following circuits combines a speech signal and an RF carrier?
20. What is the FCC Part 97 definition of telecommand?
21. What is the current flow in a circuit with an applied voltage of 120 volts and a resistance of 80 ohms?
22. What is the advantage of having multiple receive bandwidth choices on a multimode transceiver?
23. What is the most likely cause of interference to a non-cordless telephone from a nearby transmitter?
24. If a frequency readout calibrated in megahertz shows a reading of 3.525 MHz, what would it show if it were calibrated in kilohertz?
25. What determines the transmitting privileges of an amateur station?
26. Which of the following is an example of a digital communications method?
27. Which of the following actions might amateur operators take to prevent exposure to RF radiation in excess of FCC-supplied limits?
28. What is the name for a current that flows only in one direction?
29. What causes "tropospheric ducting"?
30. What is the approximate maximum bandwidth required to transmit a CW signal?
31. What is component 1 in figure T1?
32. Which of the following is true of PL-259 type coax connectors?
33. What brief statement is often used in place of "CQ" to indicate that you are listening on a repeater?
34. Which of the following types of communications are permitted in the Amateur Radio Service?
35. What type of amateur station simultaneously retransmits the signal of another amateur station on a different channel or channels?
Log in to set preferences.