1. Which of the following meets the FCC definition of harmful interference?
2. Which of the following types of solder is best for radio and electronic use?
3. Which of the following is an important safety rule to remember when using a crank-up tower?
4. How might you obtain a list of active nodes that use VoIP?
5. Which of the following is common practice during net operations to get the immediate attention of the net control station when reporting an emergency?
6. What may happen if a transmitter is operated with the microphone gain set too high?
7. What is the function of a product detector?
8. What is the approximate maximum bandwidth required to transmit a CW signal?
9. What formula is used to calculate resistance in a circuit?
10. What could happen if a person accidentally touched your antenna while you were transmitting?
11. What could be used in place of a regular speaker to help you copy signals in a noisy area?
12. How soon may you operate a transmitter on an amateur service frequency after you pass the examination required for your first amateur radio license?
13. What best describes a relay?
14. On which of the following occasions may an FCC-licensed amateur station exchange messages with a U.S. military station?
15. What does an antenna tuner do?
16. What is the abbreviation that refers to radio frequency signals of all types?
17. What electrical component is used to oppose the flow of current in a DC circuit?
18. What causes "tropospheric ducting"?
19. With regard to satellite communications, what is Doppler shift?
20. What determines the amount of deviation of an FM signal?
21. What type of transmission is indicated by the term NTSC?
22. What should you do if a "Part 15" device in your neighbor's home is causing harmful interference to your amateur station?
23. North American amateur stations are located in which ITU region?
24. How is a semiconductor diode's cathode lead usually identified?
25. What should you transmit when responding to a call of CQ?
26. What determines the transmitting privileges of an amateur station?
27. What is component 3 in figure T3?
28. What method of call sign identification is required for a station transmitting phone signals?
29. What frequency range is referred to as HF?
30. What is the approximate SWR value above which the protection circuits in most solid-state transmitters begin to reduce transmitter power?
31. What is a beam antenna?
32. If an ammeter calibrated in amperes is used to measure a 3000-milliampere current, what reading would it show?
33. What is the electrical term for the electromotive force (EMF) that causes electron flow?
34. What is the purpose of a fuse in an electrical circuit?
35. Which of the following is a common effect of "skip" reflections between the Earth and the ionosphere?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).
Log in to set preferences.