1. Which of the following is an appropriate receive filter to select in order to minimize noise and interference for CW reception?
2. Which type of voice modulation is most often used for long-distance or weak signal contacts on the VHF and UHF bands?
3. What is component 3 in figure T3?
4. What type of electrical component consists of two or more conductive surfaces separated by an insulator?
5. What is the function of a mixer in a superheterodyne receiver?
6. What is the ability to store energy in a magnetic field called?
7. What formula is used to calculate current in a circuit?
8. How much transmitter power should be used on the uplink frequency of an amateur satellite or space station?
9. How many milliamperes is 1.5 amperes?
10. What may occur if VHF or UHF data signals propagate over multiple paths?
11. What code is used when sending CW in the amateur bands?
12. What type of switch is represented by item 3 in figure T2?
13. Who is eligible to be the control operator of an amateur station?
14. What is the radio horizon?
15. What is the term used to describe the use of a sub-audible tone transmitted with normal voice audio to open the squelch of a receiver?
16. Which semiconductor component has a gate electrode?
17. Which of the following is true concerning grounding conductors used for lightning protection?
18. When are you allowed to operate your amateur station in a foreign country?
19. What is the approximate length, in inches, of a 6 meter 1/2-wavelength wire dipole antenna?
20. Which would you use to reduce RF current flowing on the shield of an audio cable?
21. Electrical current is measured in which of the following units?
22. What is the FCC Part 97 definition of an amateur station?
23. What is connected to the green wire in a three-wire electrical AC plug?
24. Which of the following types of feedline has the lowest loss at VHF and UHF?
25. Who is accountable should a repeater inadvertently retransmit communications that violate the FCC rules?
26. What is the ITU?
27. Which of the following might damage a multimeter?
28. Under which of the following circumstances are amateur stations authorized to transmit signals related to broadcasting, program production, or news gathering, assuming no other means is available?
29. Which of the following instruments can be used to determine if an antenna is resonant at the desired operating frequency?
30. What should you do if a "Part 15" device in your neighbor's home is causing harmful interference to your amateur station?
31. What popular operating activity involves contacting as many stations as possible during a specified period of time?
32. What are the FCC rules regarding power levels used in the amateur bands?
33. What is the approximate velocity of a radio wave as it travels through free space?
34. What factors affect the RF exposure of people near an amateur station antenna?
35. What do RACES and ARES have in common?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).
Log in to set preferences.