1. How many microfarads are 1,000,000 picofarads?
2. What could happen if a person accidentally touched your antenna while you were transmitting?
3. What is the maximum power allowed when transmitting telecommand signals to radio controlled models?
4. Why are UHF signals often more effective from inside buildings than VHF signals?
5. What is the basic unit of electromotive force?
6. If your license has expired and is still within the allowable grace period, may you continue to operate a transmitter on amateur service frequencies?
7. Why should the outer jacket of coaxial cable be resistant to ultraviolet light?
8. When may the control operator of an amateur station receive compensation for operating the station?
9. What is the approximate velocity of a radio wave as it travels through free space?
10. What do the symbols on an electrical circuit schematic diagram represent?
11. What kind of hazard might exist in a power supply when it is turned off and disconnected?
12. What is the FCC Part 97 definition of a space station?
13. What is the ITU?
14. What is the typical bandwidth of analog fast-scan TV transmissions on the 70 cm band?
15. Who is accountable should a repeater inadvertently retransmit communications that violate the FCC rules?
16. What is PSK31?
17. Which of the following circuits combines a speech signal and an RF carrier?
18. What type of control is being used for a repeater when the control operator is not present at a control point?
19. What is the nominal voltage of a fully charged nickel-cadmium cell?
20. What is the term used to describe the use of a sub-audible tone transmitted with normal voice audio to open the squelch of a receiver?
21. Which of the following establishes grounding requirements for an amateur radio tower or antenna?
22. What is the Radio Amateur Civil Emergency Service?
23. Why is it important to have a low SWR in an antenna system that uses coaxial cable feedline?
24. What band is best suited to communicating via meteor scatter?
25. How much power is being used in a circuit when the applied voltage is 12 volts DC and the current is 2.5 amperes?
26. What formula is used to calculate voltage in a circuit?
27. Which of the following controls could be used if the voice pitch of a single-sideband signal seems too high or low?
28. What should you do if a "Part 15" device in your neighbor's home is causing harmful interference to your amateur station?
29. What is the characteristic appearance of a "cold" solder joint?
30. What electronic component allows current to flow in only one direction?
31. Which is a good reason to use a regulated power supply for communications equipment?
32. What can be used to determine the time period during which an amateur satellite or space station can be accessed?
33. What is a beam antenna?
34. What is the function of component 2 in Figure T1?
35. What is the meaning of the procedural signal "CQ"?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).
Log in to set preferences.