1. Which of the following is a form of amplitude modulation?
2. What determines the transmitting privileges of an amateur station?
3. What type of receiver is shown in Figure T6?
4. Which of the following is normally used when sending automatic location reports via amateur radio?
5. When using tactical identifiers, how often must your station transmit the station's FCC-assigned call sign?
6. What is the approximate amount of change, measured in decibels (dB), of a power increase from 5 watts to 10 watts?
7. What is the maximum power allowed when transmitting telecommand signals to radio controlled models?
8. What is the meaning of the term broadcasting in the FCC rules for the amateur services?
9. What should you do if a "Part 15" device in your neighbor's home is causing harmful interference to your amateur station?
10. Which would you use to reduce RF current flowing on the shield of an audio cable?
11. What are the frequency limits of the UHF spectrum?
12. What does an antenna tuner do?
13. Which type of call sign has a single letter in both the prefix and suffix?
14. Which of the following can be done using an amateur radio satellite?
15. What is the approximate length, in inches, of a quarter-wavelength vertical antenna for 146 MHz?
16. What electrical component is usually composed of a coil of wire?
17. What is a band plan, beyond the privileges established by the FCC?
18. Which of the following methods is encouraged by the FCC when identifying your station when using phone?
19. What is component 9 in figure T2?
20. Which of the following might damage a multimeter?
21. What is the FCC Part 97 definition of telemetry?
22. What is usually considered to be the most important job of an amateur operator when handling emergency traffic messages?
23. Why should the outer jacket of coaxial cable be resistant to ultraviolet light?
24. What is generally the best time for long-distance 10 meter band propagation?
25. What is the unit of frequency?
26. What is the purpose of a gin pole?
27. What is the purpose of a fuse in an electrical circuit?
28. Which of these components is made of three layers of semiconductor material?
29. What type of radiation are VHF and UHF radio signals?
30. Which of the following is an appropriate receive filter to select in order to minimize noise and interference for CW reception?
31. North American amateur stations are located in which ITU region?
32. Which term describes the rate at which electrical energy is used?
33. What can happen if the antennas at opposite ends of a VHF or UHF line of sight radio link are not using the same polarization?
34. What is the voltage across a 10-ohm resistor if a current of 1 ampere flows through it?
35. Which of the following devices or circuits changes an alternating current into a varying direct current signal?
Log in to set preferences.