1. What band is best suited to communicating via meteor scatter?
2. How many milliamperes is 1.5 amperes?
3. Why do exposure limits vary with frequency?
4. Which of the following types of transmissions are prohibited?
5. What is the basic unit of inductance?
6. What does an antenna tuner do?
7. Which of the following is good procedure when contacting another station in a radio contest?
8. Which of the following establishes grounding requirements for an amateur radio tower or antenna?
9. What do the FCC rules mean when an amateur frequency band is said to be available on a secondary basis?
10. What is the term used to describe the use of a sub-audible tone transmitted with normal voice audio to open the squelch of a receiver?
11. What can be used to determine the time period during which an amateur satellite or space station can be accessed?
12. Which of the following can be used to enter the operating frequency on a modern transceiver?
13. What instrument other than an SWR meter could you use to determine if a feedline and antenna are properly matched?
14. What is a beam antenna?
15. What should you do to minimize disruptions to an emergency traffic net once you have checked in?
16. What is component 4 in figure T2?
17. What device takes the output of a low-powered 28 MHz SSB exciter and produces a 222 MHz output signal?
18. What type of control is being used for a repeater when the control operator is not present at a control point?
19. How many persons are required to be members of a club for a club station license to be issued by the FCC?
20. What might be the problem if you receive a report that your audio signal through the repeater is distorted or unintelligible?
21. How is a semiconductor diode's cathode lead usually identified?
22. What is the typical bandwidth of analog fast-scan TV transmissions on the 70 cm band?
23. What type of circuit controls the amount of voltage from a power supply?
24. Which of the following may be included in packet transmissions?
25. Which instrument would you use to measure electric potential or electromotive force?
26. What formula is used to calculate resistance in a circuit?
27. What is the most common repeater frequency offset in the 2 meter band?
28. What is the source of a high-pitched whine that varies with engine speed in a mobile transceiver's receive audio?
29. From which of the following may an FCC-licensed amateur station transmit, in addition to places where the FCC regulates communications?
30. Electrical current is measured in which of the following units?
31. What is one way to recharge a 12-volt lead-acid station battery if the commercial power is out?
32. What antenna polarization is normally used for long-distance weak-signal CW and SSB contacts using the VHF and UHF bands?
33. What is the FCC Part 97 definition of a space station?
34. What frequency range is referred to as HF?
35. What electrical component stores energy in an electric field?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).
Log in to set preferences.