1. What happens when the deviation of an FM transmitter is increased?
2. What is the purpose of the squelch control on a transceiver?
3. What does the abbreviation "LED" stand for?
4. What is the preamble in a formal traffic message?
5. What is the abbreviation that refers to radio frequency signals of all types?
6. What type of amateur station simultaneously retransmits the signal of another amateur station on a different channel or channels?
7. What is the impedance of the most commonly used coaxial cable in typical amateur radio installations?
8. What is the FCC Part 97 definition of telemetry?
9. What do the symbols on an electrical circuit schematic diagram represent?
10. Why should the outer jacket of coaxial cable be resistant to ultraviolet light?
11. What is an amateur station control point?
12. Which of the following is true concerning the microphone connectors on amateur transceivers?
13. Which of the following is good practice when installing ground wires on a tower for lightning protection?
14. What is the cause of irregular fading of signals from distant stations during times of generally good reception?
15. What is meant by "duty cycle" when referring to RF exposure?
16. What can you do if you are told your FM handheld or mobile transceiver is over deviating?
17. Which of the following is a good electrical insulator?
18. What is the approximate length, in inches, of a 6 meter 1/2-wavelength wire dipole antenna?
19. What is the approximate amount of change, measured in decibels (dB), of a power increase from 5 watts to 10 watts?
20. What is the function of block 1 if figure T4 is a simple CW transmitter?
21. Which of the following types of transmissions are prohibited?
22. Which of the following may be included in packet transmissions?
23. Which instrument would you use to measure electric potential or electromotive force?
24. Which of the following is commonly used as a visual indicator?
25. What property of radio waves is often used to identify the different frequency bands?
26. What may result when correspondence from the FCC is returned as undeliverable because the grantee failed to provide the correct mailing address?
27. Which of the following is true concerning grounding conductors used for lightning protection?
28. Which of these items would be useful for a hidden transmitter hunt?
29. What brief statement is often used in place of "CQ" to indicate that you are listening on a repeater?
30. Which of the following propagation types is most commonly associated with occasional strong over-the-horizon signals on the 10, 6, and 2 meter bands?
31. What formula is used to calculate voltage in a circuit?
32. What amateur band are you using if you are transmitting on 223.50 MHz?
33. What electrical component is usually composed of a coil of wire?
34. What is the primary advantage of single sideband over FM for voice transmissions?
35. What can be used to determine the time period during which an amateur satellite or space station can be accessed?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).
Log in to set preferences.