1. What is the normal term for an FCC-issued primary station/operator license grant?
2. What is the approximate bandwidth of a single sideband voice signal?
3. What electrical component is usually composed of a coil of wire?
4. What type of switch is represented by item 3 in figure T2?
5. What kind of hazard might exist in a power supply when it is turned off and disconnected?
6. What is meant by "duty cycle" when referring to RF exposure?
7. How is a semiconductor diode's cathode lead usually identified?
8. What is the approximate amount of change, measured in decibels (dB), of a power increase from 5 watts to 10 watts?
9. What is the only time an amateur station is authorized to transmit music?
10. What is the term used to describe an amateur station that is transmitting and receiving on the same frequency?
11. Which of the following emission modes may be used by a Technician Class operator between 219 and 220 MHz?
12. Which 23 cm frequency is authorized to a Technician Class operator license?
13. Which of the following precautions should be taken when measuring circuit resistance with an ohmmeter?
14. What is the voltage across a 10-ohm resistor if a current of 1 ampere flows through it?
15. What is considered to be a proper grounding method for a tower?
16. What type of control is being used for a repeater when the control operator is not present at a control point?
17. Which of the following stations transmits signals over the air from a remote receive site to a repeater for retransmission?
18. What instrument other than an SWR meter could you use to determine if a feedline and antenna are properly matched?
19. What device increases the low-power output from a handheld transceiver?
20. What is the basic unit of electromotive force?
21. How fast does a radio wave travel through free space?
22. What band is best suited to communicating via meteor scatter?
23. What is meant by the statement that a satellite is operating in "mode U/V"?
24. To which foreign stations do the FCC rules authorize the transmission of non-emergency third party communications?
25. What is the abbreviation that refers to radio frequency signals of all types?
26. Which of the following is an appropriate receive filter to select in order to minimize noise and interference for CW reception?
27. Why is coaxial cable used more often than any other feedline for amateur radio antenna systems?
28. What is required in place of on-air station identification when sending signals to a radio control model using amateur frequencies?
29. What brief statement is often used in place of "CQ" to indicate that you are listening on a repeater?
30. What is the approximate length, in inches, of a quarter-wavelength vertical antenna for 146 MHz?
31. Which would you use to reduce RF current flowing on the shield of an audio cable?
32. What does the acronym "BER" mean when applied to digital communications systems?
33. When may an amateur station use any means of radio communications at its disposal for essential communications in connection with immediate safety of human life and protection of property?
34. What may occur if VHF or UHF data signals propagate over multiple paths?
35. What is component 2 in figure T1?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).
Log in to set preferences.