1. Which of the following propagation types is most commonly associated with occasional strong over-the-horizon signals on the 10, 6, and 2 meter bands?
2. What is a satellite beacon?
3. What is the FCC Part 97 definition of telecommand?
4. What is component 2 in figure T1?
5. What is the approximate amount of change, measured in decibels (dB), of a power increase from 20 watts to 200 watts?
6. What is a usual name for electromagnetic waves that travel through space?
7. What is meant by the gain of an antenna?
8. Under what circumstances is it safe to climb a tower without a helper or observer?
9. What antenna polarization is normally used for long-distance weak-signal CW and SSB contacts using the VHF and UHF bands?
10. Which of the following is a good electrical insulator?
11. What is the primary advantage of single sideband over FM for voice transmissions?
12. What does the abbreviation PSK mean?
13. What is the approximate velocity of a radio wave as it travels through free space?
14. How can you make sure your station stays in compliance with RF safety regulations?
15. What amateur band are you using if you are transmitting on 223.50 MHz?
16. What, in general terms, is standing wave ratio (SWR)?
17. Which of the following devices or circuits changes an alternating current into a varying direct current signal?
18. Which of the following is true concerning the microphone connectors on amateur transceivers?
19. Under which of the following circumstances are amateur stations authorized to transmit signals related to broadcasting, program production, or news gathering, assuming no other means is available?
20. What is the current flowing through a 24-ohm resistor connected across 240 volts?
21. When may a Technician Class licensee be the control operator of a station operating in an exclusive Extra Class operator segment of the amateur bands?
22. Which of the following circuits demodulates FM signals?
23. What electrical component stores energy in an electric field?
24. What type of control is being used when transmitting using a handheld radio?
25. Which of these precautions should be taken when installing devices for lightning protection in a coaxial cable feedline?
26. What should you do if you receive a report that your station's transmissions are causing splatter or interference on nearby frequencies?
27. What is the meaning of the procedural signal "CQ"?
28. Which instrument is used to measure electric current?
29. Which of the following describes the common meaning of the term repeater offset?
30. What name is given to an amateur radio station that is used to connect other amateur stations to the Internet?
31. What electrical difference exists between the smaller RG-58 and larger RG-8 coaxial cables?
32. Which of these components is made of three layers of semiconductor material?
33. Which of the following is common practice during net operations to get the immediate attention of the net control station when reporting an emergency?
34. What is a logical first step when attempting to cure a radio frequency interference problem in a nearby telephone?
35. How soon may you operate a transmitter on an amateur service frequency after you pass the examination required for your first amateur radio license?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).
Log in to set preferences.