1. Who may be the control operator of a station communicating through an amateur satellite or space station?
2. What should you do if another operator reports that your station's 2 meter signals were strong just a moment ago, but now they are weak or distorted?
3. Which of the following is an appropriate receive filter to select in order to minimize noise and interference for SSB reception?
4. What is component 4 in figure T3?
5. What is generally the best time for long-distance 10 meter band propagation?
6. Which of the following methods is used to locate sources of noise interference or jamming?
7. What is an appropriate way to call another station on a repeater if you know the other station's call sign?
8. If a frequency readout calibrated in megahertz shows a reading of 3.525 MHz, what would it show if it were calibrated in kilohertz?
9. Which of the following is an example of a digital communications method?
10. Electrical power is measured in which of the following units?
11. Which of the following electronic components can amplify signals?
12. How much power is being used in a circuit when the applied voltage is 12 volts DC and the current is 2.5 amperes?
13. When must an amateur station have a control operator?
14. What kind of hazard might exist in a power supply when it is turned off and disconnected?
15. Which of the following is a valid US amateur radio station call sign?
16. Which of the following may be useful in correcting a radio frequency interference problem?
17. Which of the following is common practice during net operations to get the immediate attention of the net control station when reporting an emergency?
18. When must the station licensee make the station and its records available for FCC inspection?
19. What is the formula for converting frequency to wavelength in meters?
20. For whom is the Amateur Radio Service intended?
21. What does an SWR reading of 4:1 mean?
22. What best describes a relay?
23. What circuit is pictured in Figure T7, if block 1 is a frequency discriminator?
24. What is the current flow in a circuit with an applied voltage of 120 volts and a resistance of 80 ohms?
25. When may amateur radio operators use their stations to notify other amateurs of the availability of equipment for sale or trade?
26. Which of the following might damage a multimeter?
27. What is the term used to describe an amateur station that is transmitting and receiving on the same frequency?
28. What is the primary advantage of single sideband over FM for voice transmissions?
29. How can you make sure your station stays in compliance with RF safety regulations?
30. What is the minimum safe distance from a power line to allow when installing an antenna?
31. What type of filter should be connected to a TV receiver as the first step in trying to prevent RF overload from a nearby 2 meter transmitter?
32. What generally happens as the frequency of a signal passing through coaxial cable is increased?
33. What type of electrical component stores energy in a magnetic field?
34. Which of the following describes a simple dipole mounted so the conductor is parallel to the Earth's surface?
35. What amateur band are you using if you are transmitting on 223.50 MHz?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).
Log in to set preferences.