1. What causes "tropospheric ducting"?
2. What is the most common repeater frequency offset in the 2 meter band?
3. Electrical power is measured in which of the following units?
4. What is the ability to store energy in a magnetic field called?
5. Which of the following is common practice during net operations to get the immediate attention of the net control station when reporting an emergency?
6. What is meant by "duty cycle" when referring to RF exposure?
7. What can be used to determine the time period during which an amateur satellite or space station can be accessed?
8. What is the approximate bandwidth of a single sideband voice signal?
9. What is the cause of irregular fading of signals from distant stations during times of generally good reception?
10. What is the current flowing through a 24-ohm resistor connected across 240 volts?
11. What is one way to recharge a 12-volt lead-acid station battery if the commercial power is out?
12. What does the term APRS mean?
13. Which of the following is true regarding vertical antennas?
14. What is the correct way to connect a voltmeter to a circuit?
15. What term describes the number of times per second that an alternating current reverses direction?
16. Which of the following restrictions apply when appending a self-assigned call sign indicator?
17. What device takes the output of a low-powered 28 MHz SSB exciter and produces a 222 MHz output signal?
18. What happens when the deviation of an FM transmitter is increased?
19. What electronic component allows current to flow in only one direction?
20. Which battery type is not rechargeable?
21. Which of the bands available to Technician Class operators have mode-restricted sub-bands?
22. Which of the following would reduce ignition interference to a receiver?
23. Why is coaxial cable used more often than any other feedline for amateur radio antenna systems?
24. What types of international communications are permitted by an FCC-licensed amateur station?
25. Which of the following is true concerning grounding conductors used for lightning protection?
26. What is the name of a device that combines several semiconductors and other components into one package?
27. What is a logical first step when attempting to cure a radio frequency interference problem in a nearby telephone?
28. What is component 1 in figure T1?
29. What could be used in place of a regular speaker to help you copy signals in a noisy area?
30. When is the transmission of codes or ciphers allowed to hide the meaning of a message transmitted by an amateur station?
31. Which of the following entities recommends transmit/receive channels and other parameters for auxiliary and repeater stations?
32. What is another way to specify a radio signal frequency of 1,500,000 hertz?
33. What type of control is used when the control operator is not at the station location but can indirectly manipulate the operating adjustments of a station?
34. What is the approximate SWR value above which the protection circuits in most solid-state transmitters begin to reduce transmitter power?
35. Which of the following methods is used to locate sources of noise interference or jamming?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).
Log in to set preferences.