1. What is component 4 in figure T2?
2. Which of these precautions should be taken when installing devices for lightning protection in a coaxial cable feedline?
3. What is a satellite beacon?
4. Why should you avoid attaching an antenna to a utility pole?
5. Who does the FCC presume to be the control operator of an amateur station, unless documentation to the contrary is in the station records?
6. From which of the following may an FCC-licensed amateur station transmit, in addition to places where the FCC regulates communications?
7. What electrical component stores energy in an electric field?
8. What could be happening if another operator reports a variable high-pitched whine on the audio from your mobile transmitter?
9. What code is used when sending CW in the amateur bands?
10. How many volts are equal to one kilovolt?
11. What is the FCC Part 97 definition of telecommand?
12. What is the maximum power allowed when transmitting telecommand signals to radio controlled models?
13. What type of antennas are the quad, Yagi, and dish?
14. What is the abbreviation that refers to radio frequency signals of all types?
15. What can happen if the antennas at opposite ends of a VHF or UHF line of sight radio link are not using the same polarization?
16. What is the impedance of the most commonly used coaxial cable in typical amateur radio installations?
17. Which semiconductor component has an emitter electrode?
18. Where must a filter be installed to reduce harmonic emissions?
19. What is an appropriate way to call another station on a repeater if you know the other station's call sign?
20. Which of the following is a good electrical insulator?
21. What is the correct way to connect a voltmeter to a circuit?
22. What is the meaning of the term broadcasting in the FCC rules for the amateur services?
23. Why do VHF and UHF radio signals usually travel somewhat farther than the visual line of sight distance between two stations?
24. What is the function of component 2 in Figure T1?
25. What formula is used to calculate current in a circuit?
26. How does the wavelength of a radio wave relate to its frequency?
27. What method of call sign identification is required for a station transmitting phone signals?
28. When may an amateur station use any means of radio communications at its disposal for essential communications in connection with immediate safety of human life and protection of property?
29. What device increases the low-power output from a handheld transceiver?
30. Why should the outer jacket of coaxial cable be resistant to ultraviolet light?
31. Which of the following describes the common meaning of the term repeater offset?
32. What emission modes are permitted in the mode-restricted sub-bands at 50.0 to 50.1 MHz and 144.0 to 144.1 MHz?
33. What is the approximate maximum bandwidth required to transmit a CW signal?
34. What is the "Q" signal used to indicate that you are receiving interference from other stations?
35. What factors affect the RF exposure of people near an amateur station antenna?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).
Log in to set preferences.