1. If a frequency readout calibrated in megahertz shows a reading of 3.525 MHz, what would it show if it were calibrated in kilohertz?
2. What is an appropriate way to call another station on a repeater if you know the other station's call sign?
3. Which of the following is good procedure when contacting another station in a radio contest?
4. What is the "Q" signal used to indicate that you are changing frequency?
5. What set of rules applies to proper operation of your station when using amateur radio at the request of public service officials?
6. What must you do if you are operating on the 23 cm band and learn that you are interfering with a radiolocation station outside the United States?
7. What is the function of a product detector?
8. What is component 8 in figure T2?
9. Which type of voice modulation is most often used for long-distance or weak signal contacts on the VHF and UHF bands?
10. Which type of conductor is best to use for RF grounding?
11. What are the frequency limits of the UHF spectrum?
12. What is the unit of frequency?
13. Which semiconductor component has a gate electrode?
14. What agency regulates and enforces the rules for the Amateur Radio Service in the United States?
15. What might be the problem if you receive a report that your audio signal through the repeater is distorted or unintelligible?
16. Which of the following can be used to enter the operating frequency on a modern transceiver?
17. What is PSK31?
18. Which of the following is an acceptable method to determine that your station complies with FCC RF exposure regulations?
19. Who may be the control operator of a station communicating through an amateur satellite or space station?
20. Which of the following can be used to display signal strength on a numeric scale?
21. What is the purpose of a gin pole?
22. Which of the following is an acceptable language for use for station identification when operating in a phone sub-band?
23. What is the name for a current that reverses direction on a regular basis?
24. Why is coaxial cable used more often than any other feedline for amateur radio antenna systems?
25. Which of the following measurements are commonly made using a multimeter?
26. On which of the following occasions may an FCC-licensed amateur station exchange messages with a U.S. military station?
27. What can happen if the antennas at opposite ends of a VHF or UHF line of sight radio link are not using the same polarization?
28. What happens to power lost in a feedline?
29. Who must designate the station control operator?
30. Which of the following is good practice when installing ground wires on a tower for lightning protection?
31. What is a characteristic of VHF signals received via auroral reflection?
32. What electrical component is used to oppose the flow of current in a DC circuit?
33. What is the ITU?
34. What formula is used to calculate resistance in a circuit?
35. In which direction is the radiation strongest from a half-wave dipole antenna in free space?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).
Log in to set preferences.