1. How many microfarads are 1,000,000 picofarads?
2. Which of the following may be a cause of radio frequency interference?
3. Which of the following is an acceptable method to determine that your station complies with FCC RF exposure regulations?
4. Who selects a Frequency Coordinator?
5. What type of identification is being used when identifying a station on the air as Race Headquarters?
6. What are the FCC rules regarding power levels used in the amateur bands?
7. What is the electrical term for the electromotive force (EMF) that causes electron flow?
8. What types of international communications are permitted by an FCC-licensed amateur station?
9. Which of the following devices or circuits changes an alternating current into a varying direct current signal?
10. Which of the following types of solder is best for radio and electronic use?
11. On which of the following occasions may an FCC-licensed amateur station exchange messages with a U.S. military station?
12. How much transmitter power should be used on the uplink frequency of an amateur satellite or space station?
13. What is component 3 in figure T3?
14. What is the proper course of action if your station's transmission unintentionally interferes with another station?
15. What is the ITU?
16. Which of the following methods is used to locate sources of noise interference or jamming?
17. What is the formula used to calculate electrical power in a DC circuit?
18. What mode is responsible for allowing over-the-horizon VHF and UHF communications to ranges of approximately 300 miles on a regular basis?
19. What is one way to recharge a 12-volt lead-acid station battery if the commercial power is out?
20. What electrical component is usually composed of a coil of wire?
21. Which type of voice modulation is most often used for long-distance or weak signal contacts on the VHF and UHF bands?
22. What term is commonly used to describe the rapid fluttering sound sometimes heard from mobile stations that are moving while transmitting?
23. What may happen if a transmitter is operated with the microphone gain set too high?
24. What are the frequency limits of the VHF spectrum?
25. What does the abbreviation "FET" stand for?
26. Which of the following instruments can be used to determine if an antenna is resonant at the desired operating frequency?
27. In which direction is the radiation strongest from a half-wave dipole antenna in free space?
28. Which of the following is true concerning the microphone connectors on amateur transceivers?
29. What is the purpose of a gin pole?
30. What should you do to minimize disruptions to an emergency traffic net once you have checked in?
31. Which of the following may be included in packet transmissions?
32. Where is an RF preamplifier installed?
33. Who must designate the station control operator?
34. What formula is used to calculate voltage in a circuit?
35. What is the impedance of the most commonly used coaxial cable in typical amateur radio installations?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).
Log in to set preferences.