1. What electrical parameter is controlled by a potentiometer?
2. What is component 2 in figure T1?
3. Which of the following is a common use of coaxial cable?
4. How many microfarads are 1,000,000 picofarads?
5. What is an amateur station control point?
6. What should you do to minimize disruptions to an emergency traffic net once you have checked in?
7. What does an antenna tuner do?
8. What is the ability to store energy in a magnetic field called?
9. What class of electronic components is capable of using a voltage or current signal to control current flow?
10. What is the voltage across a 2-ohm resistor if a current of 0.5 amperes flows through it?
11. Which of the following is a common effect of "skip" reflections between the Earth and the ionosphere?
12. Which instrument is used to measure electric current?
13. What is the typical bandwidth of analog fast-scan TV transmissions on the 70 cm band?
14. What is the maximum power allowed when transmitting telecommand signals to radio controlled models?
15. Which of the following may be included in packet transmissions?
16. Which of the following is true concerning grounding conductors used for lightning protection?
17. What is a characteristic of VHF signals received via auroral reflection?
18. What may happen if a transmitter is operated with the microphone gain set too high?
19. Which of the following is a valid US amateur radio station call sign?
20. Which of the following types of transmissions are prohibited?
21. What is a beam antenna?
22. What are the frequency limits of the UHF spectrum?
23. What is a common repeater frequency offset in the 70 cm band?
24. What is the function of a product detector?
25. Why is duty cycle one of the factors used to determine safe RF radiation exposure levels?
26. What can happen if a lead-acid storage battery is charged or discharged too quickly?
27. What might be the problem if you receive a report that your audio signal through the repeater is distorted or unintelligible?
28. For whom is the Amateur Radio Service intended?
29. What is the name for a current that flows only in one direction?
30. Who is accountable should a repeater inadvertently retransmit communications that violate the FCC rules?
31. What causes "spin fading" when referring to satellite signals?
32. What is the approximate SWR value above which the protection circuits in most solid-state transmitters begin to reduce transmitter power?
33. Which of the following common problems might cause you to be able to hear but not access a repeater even when transmitting with the proper offset?
34. What do the FCC rules mean when an amateur frequency band is said to be available on a secondary basis?
35. What type of filter should be connected to a TV receiver as the first step in trying to prevent RF overload from a nearby 2 meter transmitter?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).
Log in to set preferences.