1. What is component 3 in figure T1?
2. What is meant by the gain of an antenna?
3. Which of the following establishes grounding requirements for an amateur radio tower or antenna?
4. What are the frequency limits of the UHF spectrum?
5. What do the FCC rules mean when an amateur frequency band is said to be available on a secondary basis?
6. Who is accountable should a repeater inadvertently retransmit communications that violate the FCC rules?
7. What is the term used to describe the use of a sub-audible tone transmitted with normal voice audio to open the squelch of a receiver?
8. Which of the following meets the FCC definition of harmful interference?
9. What instrument other than an SWR meter could you use to determine if a feedline and antenna are properly matched?
10. What is a characteristic of VHF signals received via auroral reflection?
11. Who does the FCC presume to be the control operator of an amateur station, unless documentation to the contrary is in the station records?
12. Which of the following is an example of a digital communications method?
13. What is the purpose of a fuse in an electrical circuit?
14. When using a directional antenna, how might your station be able to access a distant repeater if buildings or obstructions are blocking the direct line of sight path?
15. What is the nominal voltage of a fully charged nickel-cadmium cell?
16. What is usually considered to be the most important job of an amateur operator when handling emergency traffic messages?
17. What should you do first if someone tells you that your station's transmissions are interfering with their radio or TV reception?
18. When may the control operator of an amateur station receive compensation for operating the station?
19. What is probably happening when an ohmmeter, connected across a circuit, initially indicates a low resistance and then shows increasing resistance with time?
20. Which of the following devices is most useful for VHF weak-signal communication?
21. What class of electronic components is capable of using a voltage or current signal to control current flow?
22. How many volts are equal to one microvolt?
23. Which type of modulation is most commonly used for VHF and UHF voice repeaters?
24. What is meant by "duty cycle" when referring to RF exposure?
25. What is the national calling frequency for FM simplex operations in the 70 cm band?
26. Which type of conductor is best to use for RF grounding?
27. What formula is used to calculate voltage in a circuit?
28. What is a usual name for electromagnetic waves that travel through space?
29. If your license has expired and is still within the allowable grace period, may you continue to operate a transmitter on amateur service frequencies?
30. What might cause erratic changes in SWR readings?
31. What is the function of component 2 in Figure T1?
32. Which of the following controls could be used if the voice pitch of a single-sideband signal seems too high or low?
33. What is a commonly used method of sending signals to and from a digital satellite?
34. For what purpose is a temporary "1 by 1" format (letter-number-letter) call sign assigned?
35. What is the name for a current that reverses direction on a regular basis?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).
Log in to set preferences.