1. Which is a commonly accepted value for the lowest voltage that can cause a dangerous electric shock?
2. What type of control is used when the control operator is not at the station location but can indirectly manipulate the operating adjustments of a station?
3. What is the radio horizon?
4. When must the station licensee make the station and its records available for FCC inspection?
5. Which of the following devices is most useful for VHF weak-signal communication?
6. Which part of the FCC rules contains the rules and regulations governing the Amateur Radio Service?
7. What is the most common repeater frequency offset in the 2 meter band?
8. What is the approximate amount of change, measured in decibels (dB), of a power increase from 20 watts to 200 watts?
9. Which of the following might damage a multimeter?
10. When may an amateur station use any means of radio communications at its disposal for essential communications in connection with immediate safety of human life and protection of property?
11. Which of the following is used together with an inductor to make a tuned circuit?
12. What may happen if a transmitter is operated with the microphone gain set too high?
13. Why is it important to have a low SWR in an antenna system that uses coaxial cable feedline?
14. What is the approximate bandwidth of a single sideband voice signal?
15. Which of the following instruments can be used to determine if an antenna is resonant at the desired operating frequency?
16. What is the minimum safe distance from a power line to allow when installing an antenna?
17. Which of the following is a good electrical conductor?
18. What do the FCC rules mean when an amateur frequency band is said to be available on a secondary basis?
19. Which of the following describes the muting of receiver audio controlled solely by the presence or absence of an RF signal?
20. Which of the following is accurately represented in electrical circuit schematic diagrams?
21. What type of antennas are the quad, Yagi, and dish?
22. What type of radiation are VHF and UHF radio signals?
23. What is the resistance in a circuit for which the applied voltage is 12 volts and the current flow is 1.5 amperes?
24. What is a grid locator?
25. Which type of conductor is best to use for RF grounding?
26. Which semiconductor component has a gate electrode?
27. What should you do if another operator reports that your station's 2 meter signals were strong just a moment ago, but now they are weak or distorted?
28. On which of the following occasions may an FCC-licensed amateur station exchange messages with a U.S. military station?
29. Which of the following emission modes may be used by a Technician Class operator between 219 and 220 MHz?
30. What might be the problem if you receive a report that your audio signal through the repeater is distorted or unintelligible?
31. What do the initials LEO tell you about an amateur satellite?
32. What electrical component is usually composed of a coil of wire?
33. What is the basic unit of inductance?
34. If your license has expired and is still within the allowable grace period, may you continue to operate a transmitter on amateur service frequencies?
35. What is the name for the distance a radio wave travels during one complete cycle?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).
Log in to set preferences.