1. What is a grid locator?
2. Who does the FCC presume to be the control operator of an amateur station, unless documentation to the contrary is in the station records?
3. If an ammeter calibrated in amperes is used to measure a 3000-milliampere current, what reading would it show?
4. What is the only time an amateur station is authorized to transmit music?
5. Which of the following might be happening when VHF signals are being received from long distances?
6. What should you do if another operator reports that your station's 2 meter signals were strong just a moment ago, but now they are weak or distorted?
7. Which of the following is an important safety rule to remember when using a crank-up tower?
8. What formula is used to calculate resistance in a circuit?
9. What is the "Q" signal used to indicate that you are changing frequency?
10. What is the characteristic appearance of a "cold" solder joint?
11. Which of the following entities recommends transmit/receive channels and other parameters for auxiliary and repeater stations?
12. Which of the following connectors is most suitable for frequencies above 400 MHz?
13. What may happen if a transmitter is operated with the microphone gain set too high?
14. What can you do if you are told your FM handheld or mobile transceiver is over deviating?
15. What is the basic unit of electromotive force?
16. What is the name of a device that combines several semiconductors and other components into one package?
17. What type of electrical component consists of two or more conductive surfaces separated by an insulator?
18. What method of call sign identification is required for a station transmitting phone signals?
19. What, in general terms, is standing wave ratio (SWR)?
20. What is the normal term for an FCC-issued primary station/operator license grant?
21. Which type of voice modulation is most often used for long-distance or weak signal contacts on the VHF and UHF bands?
22. Why is it unwise to install a 20-ampere fuse in the place of a 5-ampere fuse?
23. What is a common repeater frequency offset in the 70 cm band?
24. What is the maximum power level that an amateur radio station may use at VHF frequencies before an RF exposure evaluation is required?
25. How is a semiconductor diode's cathode lead usually identified?
26. What is the name for the distance a radio wave travels during one complete cycle?
27. What is the source of a high-pitched whine that varies with engine speed in a mobile transceiver's receive audio?
28. Which of the following is common practice during net operations to get the immediate attention of the net control station when reporting an emergency?
29. What is the function of block 1 if figure T4 is a simple CW transmitter?
30. Which of the following may be included in packet transmissions?
31. What is meant by the gain of an antenna?
32. What is component 2 in figure T1?
33. What is the basic unit of inductance?
34. What is a satellite beacon?
35. Which of the bands available to Technician Class operators have mode-restricted sub-bands?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).
Log in to set preferences.