1. Which of the following types of solder is best for radio and electronic use?
2. What best describes a relay?
3. What is the "Q" signal used to indicate that you are changing frequency?
4. What is component 4 in figure T1?
5. For whom is the Amateur Radio Service intended?
6. What is meant by fundamental overload in reference to a receiver?
7. What is required in place of on-air station identification when sending signals to a radio control model using amateur frequencies?
8. What type of control is used when the control operator is not at the station location but can indirectly manipulate the operating adjustments of a station?
9. What is a good precaution to observe before climbing an antenna tower?
10. What is the name for a current that flows only in one direction?
11. What generally happens as the frequency of a signal passing through coaxial cable is increased?
12. When may amateur radio operators use their stations to notify other amateurs of the availability of equipment for sale or trade?
13. What circuit is pictured in Figure T7, if block 1 is a frequency discriminator?
14. What is a satellite beacon?
15. Which type of call sign has a single letter in both the prefix and suffix?
16. What is the ability to store energy in a magnetic field called?
17. Which of the following is good practice when installing ground wires on a tower for lightning protection?
18. When may a Technician Class licensee be the control operator of a station operating in an exclusive Extra Class operator segment of the amateur bands?
19. What is a way to enable quick access to a favorite frequency on your transceiver?
20. Which of the following is common practice during net operations to get the immediate attention of the net control station when reporting an emergency?
21. How does the wavelength of a radio wave relate to its frequency?
22. Which would you use to reduce RF current flowing on the shield of an audio cable?
23. What is a common repeater frequency offset in the 70 cm band?
24. What electrical component is usually composed of a coil of wire?
25. What is the resistance in a circuit for which the applied voltage is 12 volts and the current flow is 1.5 amperes?
26. What code is used when sending CW in the amateur bands?
27. Which frequency is within the 6 meter band?
28. Why is duty cycle one of the factors used to determine safe RF radiation exposure levels?
29. What is the radio horizon?
30. What, in general terms, is standing wave ratio (SWR)?
31. What term is commonly used to describe the rapid fluttering sound sometimes heard from mobile stations that are moving while transmitting?
32. Which of the following is equivalent to 500 milliwatts?
33. What does the abbreviation "FET" stand for?
34. What is the typical bandwidth of analog fast-scan TV transmissions on the 70 cm band?
35. What type of antennas are the quad, Yagi, and dish?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).
Log in to set preferences.