1. Under which of the following types of control is it permissible for the control operator to be at a location other than the control point?
2. What is the proper course of action if your station's transmission unintentionally interferes with another station?
3. With which countries are FCC-licensed amateur stations prohibited from exchanging communications?
4. What is meant by the term "knife-edge" propagation?
5. What does an antenna tuner do?
6. What is the normal term for an FCC-issued primary station/operator license grant?
7. What is component 8 in figure T2?
8. Which of the following establishes grounding requirements for an amateur radio tower or antenna?
9. Which of the following electronic components can amplify signals?
10. What is meant by fundamental overload in reference to a receiver?
11. Which of the following may be included in packet transmissions?
12. What is the abbreviation that refers to radio frequency signals of all types?
13. What must an amateur operator do when making on-air transmissions to test equipment or antennas?
14. How many persons are required to be members of a club for a club station license to be issued by the FCC?
15. How might you obtain a list of active nodes that use VoIP?
16. Which of the following is a good electrical conductor?
17. Which type of conductor is best to use for RF grounding?
18. What is meant by "duty cycle" when referring to RF exposure?
19. Which of the following is the most common cause for failure of coaxial cables?
20. Which of the following is good practice when installing ground wires on a tower for lightning protection?
21. Which battery type is not rechargeable?
22. When may an amateur station use any means of radio communications at its disposal for essential communications in connection with immediate safety of human life and protection of property?
23. North American amateur stations are located in which ITU region?
24. What do the initials LEO tell you about an amateur satellite?
25. Which of the following is commonly used as a visual indicator?
26. If a frequency readout calibrated in megahertz shows a reading of 3.525 MHz, what would it show if it were calibrated in kilohertz?
27. What is the correct way to connect a voltmeter to a circuit?
28. Which of the following devices is most useful for VHF weak-signal communication?
29. What may occur if VHF or UHF data signals propagate over multiple paths?
30. What is the current flowing through a 24-ohm resistor connected across 240 volts?
31. What is the FCC Part 97 definition of telecommand?
32. What is the approximate length, in inches, of a 6 meter 1/2-wavelength wire dipole antenna?
33. What is the purpose of the squelch control on a transceiver?
34. What frequency range is referred to as HF?
35. What is the primary advantage of single sideband over FM for voice transmissions?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).
Log in to set preferences.