1. How might you obtain a list of active nodes that use VoIP?
2. Which of the following is a good electrical insulator?
3. What electronic component allows current to flow in only one direction?
4. When should members of a tower work team wear a hard hat and safety glasses?
5. What term is commonly used to describe the rapid fluttering sound sometimes heard from mobile stations that are moving while transmitting?
6. What generally happens as the frequency of a signal passing through coaxial cable is increased?
7. What is the approximate SWR value above which the protection circuits in most solid-state transmitters begin to reduce transmitter power?
8. What electrical component stores energy in an electric field?
9. What should you transmit when responding to a call of CQ?
10. Which of the following methods is encouraged by the FCC when identifying your station when using phone?
11. Which of the following might damage a multimeter?
12. How many microfarads are 1,000,000 picofarads?
13. What is component 8 in figure T2?
14. Which of the following might be happening when VHF signals are being received from long distances?
15. Which type of conductor is best to use for RF grounding?
16. Which of the following meets the FCC definition of harmful interference?
17. What is a commonly used method of sending signals to and from a digital satellite?
18. What is the function of block 1 if figure T4 is a simple CW transmitter?
19. Which of the following may be a cause of radio frequency interference?
20. Which of the following is an appropriate receive filter to select in order to minimize noise and interference for CW reception?
21. What is the approximate length, in inches, of a quarter-wavelength vertical antenna for 146 MHz?
22. What type of circuit controls the amount of voltage from a power supply?
23. What types of international communications are permitted by an FCC-licensed amateur station?
24. What should you do to minimize disruptions to an emergency traffic net once you have checked in?
25. Who must designate the station control operator?
26. When may a Technician Class licensee be the control operator of a station operating in an exclusive Extra Class operator segment of the amateur bands?
27. What is the resistance in a circuit for which the applied voltage is 12 volts and the current flow is 1.5 amperes?
28. When is the transmission of codes or ciphers allowed to hide the meaning of a message transmitted by an amateur station?
29. What is the purpose of a fuse in an electrical circuit?
30. What is the basic unit of capacitance?
31. What type of transmission is indicated by the term NTSC?
32. Which of the following actions might amateur operators take to prevent exposure to RF radiation in excess of FCC-supplied limits?
33. How fast does a radio wave travel through free space?
34. What type of modulation is most commonly used for VHF packet radio transmissions?
35. What is the ITU?
Log in to set preferences.