1. What is the approximate amount of change, measured in decibels (dB), of a power increase from 20 watts to 200 watts?
2. What is the advantage of having multiple receive bandwidth choices on a multimode transceiver?
3. Which of the following methods is encouraged by the FCC when identifying your station when using phone?
4. What is the formula used to calculate electrical power in a DC circuit?
5. Which of the following actions might amateur operators take to prevent exposure to RF radiation in excess of FCC-supplied limits?
6. Which of the following is normally used when sending automatic location reports via amateur radio?
7. What might cause erratic changes in SWR readings?
8. Why is it unwise to install a 20-ampere fuse in the place of a 5-ampere fuse?
9. What are the frequency limits of the UHF spectrum?
10. Why should you not set your transmit frequency to be exactly at the edge of an amateur band or sub-band?
11. What do RACES and ARES have in common?
12. What is a characteristic of VHF signals received via auroral reflection?
13. What do the initials LEO tell you about an amateur satellite?
14. What is the approximate bandwidth of a single sideband voice signal?
15. What electrical parameter is controlled by a potentiometer?
16. What type of amateur station simultaneously retransmits the signal of another amateur station on a different channel or channels?
17. What does the acronym "BER" mean when applied to digital communications systems?
18. What is the characteristic appearance of a "cold" solder joint?
19. Which of the following establishes grounding requirements for an amateur radio tower or antenna?
20. When may the control operator of an amateur station receive compensation for operating the station?
21. What is component 6 in figure T2?
22. What is the term that describes a transistor's ability to amplify a signal?
23. What should you do if another operator reports that your station's 2 meter signals were strong just a moment ago, but now they are weak or distorted?
24. What is the national calling frequency for FM simplex operations in the 70 cm band?
25. What is the current flowing through a 24-ohm resistor connected across 240 volts?
26. Who is eligible to be the control operator of an amateur station?
27. How do you select a specific IRLP node when using a portable transceiver?
28. What best describes a relay?
29. Where is an RF preamplifier installed?
30. What does an SWR reading of 4:1 mean?
31. When are you allowed to operate your amateur station in a foreign country?
32. Which of the following is true concerning the microphone connectors on amateur transceivers?
33. What type of antennas are the quad, Yagi, and dish?
34. For whom is the Amateur Radio Service intended?
35. How much voltage does a mobile transceiver usually require?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).
Log in to set preferences.