1. What is the ratio of peak envelope power to average power for an unmodulated carrier?
2. What is a geomagnetic storm?
3. What is one advantage of selecting the opposite or "reverse" sideband when receiving CW signals on a typical HF transceiver?
4. What is an advantage of downward sloping radials on a quarter wave ground-plane antenna?
5. Why is it important to know the duty cycle of the data mode you are using when transmitting?
6. Which of the following is a disadvantage of using wind as the primary source of power for an emergency station?
7. How close to the lower edge of the 40 meter General Class phone segment should your displayed carrier frequency be when using 3 kHz wide LSB?
8. Which of the following is an important characteristic for capacitors used to filter the DC output of a switching power supply?
9. What is an advantage of the low internal resistance of nickel-cadmium batteries?
10. Which of the following frequencies is within the General Class portion of the 20 meter phone band?
11. Which of the following can perform automatic notching of interfering carriers?
12. Which of the following should be observed for safety when climbing on a tower using a safety belt or harness?
13. Which of the following is the best instrument to use when checking the keying waveform of a CW transmitter?
14. How does a capacitor react to AC?
15. Which of the following is a limitation on transmitter power on the 14 MHz band?
16. What is the name of the process that changes the envelope of an RF wave to carry information?
17. Which of the following is a recommended way to break into a conversation when using phone?
18. What skills learned during "hidden transmitter hunts" are of help to the Amateur Auxiliary?
19. Which circuit is used to combine signals from the carrier oscillator and speech amplifier and send the result to the filter in a typical single-sideband phone transmitter?
20. Why is a Beverage antenna not used for transmitting?
21. For which of the following modes is a Class C power stage appropriate for amplifying a modulated signal?
22. Which of the following components should be added to a capacitor to increase the capacitance?
23. Which of the following would increase the bandwidth of a Yagi antenna?
24. Which of the following is a characteristic of a liquid crystal display?
25. What is a practical way to avoid harmful interference when selecting a frequency to call CQ on CW or phone?
26. What is the peak-inverse-voltage across the rectifier in a half-wave power supply?
27. When may a 10 meter repeater retransmit the 2 meter signal from a station having a Technician Class control operator?
28. Which of the following is a purpose of a beacon station as identified in the FCC Rules?
29. What standing wave ratio will result from the connection of a 50-ohm feed line to a non-reactive load having a 10-ohm impedance?
30. What does the abbreviation "RTTY" stand for?
31. Which of the following is sufficient for you to be an administering VE for a Technician Class operator license examination?
32. What does MUF stand for?
33. What is Near Vertical Incidence Sky-wave (NVIS) propagation?
34. When sending CW, what does a "C" mean when added to the RST report?
35. Which of the following steps must an amateur operator take to ensure compliance with RF safety regulations when transmitter power exceeds levels specified in part 97.13?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).
Log in to set preferences.