1. Which of the following statements is true of the single sideband (SSB) voice mode?
2. Which of the following would disqualify a third party from participating in stating a message over an amateur station?
3. What is one disadvantage of an incandescent indicator compared to an LED?
4. What is the maximum transmitting power an amateur station may use on 10.140 MHz?
5. At what height above ground is an NVIS antenna typically installed?
6. If propagation changes during your contact and you notice increasing interference from other activity on the same frequency, what should you do?
7. At what point in the solar cycle does the 20 meter band usually support worldwide propagation during daylight hours?
8. Which wire or wires in a four-conductor line cord should be attached to fuses or circuit breakers in a device operated from a 240-VAC single-phase source?
9. What must you do if an evaluation of your station shows RF energy radiated from your station exceeds permissible limits?
10. When is it permissible to communicate with amateur stations in countries outside the areas administered by the Federal Communications Commission?
11. Which of the following is a reason not to use wire-wound resistors in an RF circuit?
12. What is the most common frequency shift for RTTY emissions in the amateur HF bands?
13. How does the feed-point impedance of a 1/2 wave dipole change as the feed-point location is moved from the center toward the ends?
14. What frequency range is occupied by a 3 kHz LSB signal when the displayed carrier frequency is set to 7.178 MHz?
15. Why is it good to match receiver bandwidth to the bandwidth of the operating mode?
16. What is the inductance of a 20 millihenry inductor in series with a 50 millihenry inductor?
17. Which of the following describes full break-in telegraphy (QSK)?
18. Which of the following frequencies is available to a control operator holding a General Class license?
19. Which of the following might be useful in reducing RF interference to audio-frequency devices?
20. What is meant by flat-topping of a single-sideband phone transmission?
21. What is the correct adjustment for the load or coupling control of a vacuum tube RF power amplifier?
22. With which of the following conditions must beacon stations comply?
23. Why is impedance matching important?
24. What standing wave ratio will result from the connection of a 50-ohm feed line to a non-reactive load having a 200-ohm impedance?
25. What is meant by the term "software defined radio" (SDR)?
26. How many states does a 3-bit binary counter have?
27. What is the approximate maximum distance along the Earth's surface that is normally covered in one hop using the F2 region?
28. A two-times increase or decrease in power results in a change of how many dB?
29. What is the reason a series diode is connected between a solar panel and a storage battery that is being charged by the panel?
30. Which of the following is a proper way to identify when transmitting using phone on General Class frequencies if you have a CSCE for the required elements but your upgrade from Technician has not appeared in the FCC database?
31. What is the peak-inverse-voltage rating of a rectifier?
32. Which symbol in Figure G7-1 represents a multiple-winding transformer?
33. What does "front-to-back ratio" mean in reference to a Yagi antenna?
34. Which ionospheric layer is the most absorbent of long skip signals during daylight hours on frequencies below 10 MHz?
35. What signal source is connected to the vertical input of an oscilloscope when checking the RF envelope pattern of a transmitted signal?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).
Log in to set preferences.