1. What is the primary purpose of a screen grid in a vacuum tube?
2. Which of the following describes how a speech processor affects a transmitted single sideband phone signal?
3. How can you determine that your station complies with FCC RF exposure regulations?
4. Why is a time delay sometimes included in a transmitter keying circuit?
5. What is a reliable way to determine if the Maximum Usable Frequency (MUF) is high enough to support skip propagation between your station and a distant location on frequencies between 14 and 30 MHz?
6. Which of the following effects can a geomagnetic storm have on radio-wave propagation?
7. How many watts of electrical power are used by a 12-VDC light bulb that draws 0.2 amperes?
8. When may the FCC restrict normal frequency operations of amateur stations participating in RACES?
9. Which of the following would reduce RF interference caused by common-mode current on an audio cable?
10. What type of radio wave propagation allows a signal to be detected at a distance too far for ground wave propagation but too near for normal sky-wave propagation?
11. What is one disadvantage of a directly fed random-wire antenna?
12. What portion of the 10 meter band is available for repeater use?
13. Which of the following is a limitation on transmitter power on the 14 MHz band?
14. What circuit is used to combine signals from the IF amplifier and BFO and send the result to the AF amplifier in a single-sideband receiver?
15. What is the peak-inverse-voltage across the rectifiers in a full-wave bridge power supply?
16. What control is typically adjusted for proper ALC setting on an amateur single sideband transceiver?
17. Which of the following are objectives of the Amateur Auxiliary?
18. Which of the following connectors would be a good choice for a serial data port?
19. How does the FCC require an amateur station to be operated in all respects not specifically covered by the Part 97 rules?
20. Which of the following describes a linear amplifier?
21. What does the Q signal "QRQ" mean?
22. Which of the following can be determined with a directional wattmeter?
23. Volunteer Examiners are accredited by what organization?
24. Why is it best NOT to draw the DC power for a 100-watt HF transceiver from an automobile's auxiliary power socket?
25. What does the term "NVIS" mean as related to antennas?
26. Which, if any, amateur band is shared with the Citizens Radio Service?
27. Which wire or wires in a four-conductor line cord should be attached to fuses or circuit breakers in a device operated from a 240-VAC single-phase source?
28. Which of the following describes Baudot code?
29. Why is impedance matching important?
30. What does the number 31 represent in PSK31?
31. Which of the following statements is true of the single sideband (SSB) voice mode?
32. What is the total resistance of three 100-ohm resistors in parallel?
33. What would be the SWR if you feed an antenna that has a 300-ohm feed-point impedance with 50-ohm coaxial cable?
34. Which of the following is an important characteristic for capacitors used to filter the DC output of a switching power supply?
35. How does increasing boom length and adding directors affect a Yagi antenna?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).
Log in to set preferences.