1. When sending CW, what does a "C" mean when added to the RST report?
2. Which of the following would reduce RF interference caused by common-mode current on an audio cable?
3. What is one advantage of carrier suppression in a single-sideband phone transmission?
4. What are the typical characteristic impedances of coaxial cables used for antenna feed lines at amateur stations?
5. What is the reason a series diode is connected between a solar panel and a storage battery that is being charged by the panel?
6. Why isn't frequency modulated (FM) phone used below 29.5 MHz?
7. What skills learned during "hidden transmitter hunts" are of help to the Amateur Auxiliary?
8. Which of the following is an advantage of a horizontally polarized as compared to vertically polarized HF antenna?
9. Which of the following is an advantage of an NVIS antenna?
10. Who may be the control operator of an amateur station transmitting in RACES to assist relief operations during a disaster?
11. Which of the following applies in the event of interference between a coordinated repeater and an uncoordinated repeater?
12. Which of the following is good engineering practice for lightning protection grounds?
13. Which of the following is an advantage of a switch-mode power supply as compared to a linear power supply?
14. Approximately how long is each leg of a symmetrical delta-loop antenna?
15. How many watts of electrical power are used by a 12-VDC light bulb that draws 0.2 amperes?
16. What is meant by the term "software defined radio" (SDR)?
17. Which of the following is an advantage when using single sideband as compared to other analog voice modes on the HF amateur bands?
18. What is the approximate maximum distance along the Earth's surface that is normally covered in one hop using the E region?
19. What unit is used to measure reactance?
20. Which of the following is a reason not to use wire-wound resistors in an RF circuit?
21. What problem can occur when making measurements on an antenna system with an antenna analyzer?
22. When may music be transmitted by an amateur station?
23. Why is long distance communication on the 40, 60, 80 and 160 meter bands more difficult during the day?
24. What is the sunspot number?
25. How close to the lower edge of the 40 meter General Class phone segment should your displayed carrier frequency be when using 3 kHz wide LSB?
26. Which of the following is a limitation on transmitter power on the 14 MHz band?
27. What is a shift register?
28. Which of the following describes an integrated circuit operational amplifier?
29. Volunteer Examiners are accredited by what organization?
30. If three equal value resistors in parallel produce 50 ohms of resistance, and the same three resistors in series produce 450 ohms, what is the value of each resistor?
31. In what segment of the 20 meter band are most PSK31 operations commonly found?
32. Which of the following is an advantage of using a Schottky diode in an RF switching circuit as compared to a standard silicon diode?
33. What type of instrument can be used to accurately measure an RF field?
34. Which of the following frequencies is in the General Class portion of the 40 meter band?
35. Which of the following is a use for the IF shift control on a receiver?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).
Log in to set preferences.