1. What does it mean when a CW operator sends "CL" at the end of a transmission?
2. What would be the RMS voltage across a 50-ohm dummy load dissipating 1200 watts?
3. What should be done by any person preparing to climb a tower that supports electrically powered devices?
4. What does "front-to-back ratio" mean in reference to a Yagi antenna?
5. What type of instrument can be used to accurately measure an RF field?
6. What is the total bandwidth of an FM-phone transmission having a 5 kHzdeviation and a 3 kHz modulating frequency?
7. What is the reason for the occurrence of reflected power at the point where a feed line connects to an antenna?
8. What is the maximum symbol rate permitted for RTTY or data emission transmitted at frequencies below 28 MHz?
9. What is one good way to avoid unwanted effects of stray RF energy in an amateur station?
10. Which of the following is a requirement for a non-licensed person to communicate with a foreign Amateur Radio station from a station with an FCC granted license at which a licensed control operator is present?
11. Which of the following is an advantage of an oscilloscope versus a digital voltmeter?
12. What is the customary minimum frequency separation between SSB signals under normal conditions?
13. Which of the following is an advantage of a log periodic antenna?
14. What usually happens to radio waves with frequencies below the Lowest Usable Frequency (LUF)?
15. What is reactance?
16. Which of the following is an advantage of an electrolytic capacitor?
17. What is the inductance of three 10 millihenry inductors connected in parallel?
18. What type of circuit is used in many FM receivers to convert signals coming from the IF amplifier to audio?
19. What is the purpose of the "notch filter" found on many HF transceivers?
20. Which of the following effects can a geomagnetic storm have on radio-wave propagation?
21. Where should the radial wires of a ground-mounted vertical antenna system be placed?
22. Which of the following describes the construction of a MOSFET?
23. Which of the following frequencies is within the General Class portion of the 15 meter band?
24. What is meant by the term ROM?
25. What does the abbreviation "RTTY" stand for?
26. On which of the following band segments may you operate if you are a Technician Class operator and have a CSCE for General Class privileges?
27. How does an S meter reading of 20 dB over S-9 compare to an S-9 signal, assuming a properly calibrated S meter?
28. What skills learned during "hidden transmitter hunts" are of help to the Amateur Auxiliary?
29. Which of the following describes a linear amplifier?
30. What does the expression "CQ DX" usually indicate?
31. Which of the following is a disadvantage of using wind as the primary source of power for an emergency station?
32. What is the name of the process that changes the phase angle of an RF wave to convey information?
33. What portion of the AC cycle is converted to DC by a full-wave rectifier?
34. How does the FCC require an amateur station to be operated in all respects not specifically covered by the Part 97 rules?
35. Which of the following antenna types will be most effective for skip communications on 40 meters during the day?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).
Log in to set preferences.