1. What does the number 31 represent in PSK31?
2. Which circuit is used to combine signals from the carrier oscillator and speech amplifier and send the result to the filter in a typical single-sideband phone transmitter?
3. What types of messages for a third party in another country may be transmitted by an amateur station?
4. Which of the following can perform automatic notching of interfering carriers?
5. What is the low angle azimuthal radiation pattern of an ideal half-wavelength dipole antenna installed 1/2 wavelength high and parallel to the Earth?
6. Which symbol in Figure G7-1 represents a tapped inductor?
7. What is reactance?
8. Which of the following is an advantage of CMOS integrated circuits compared to TTL integrated circuits?
9. Which of the following is the best instrument to use when checking the keying waveform of a CW transmitter?
10. What segment of the 20 meter band is most often used for data transmissions?
11. Which of the following is a danger from lead-tin solder?
12. What is the maximum bandwidth permitted by FCC rules for Amateur Radio stations when transmitting on USB frequencies in the 60 meter band?
13. What is the inductance of three 10 millihenry inductors connected in parallel?
14. What is meant by the "main lobe" of a directive antenna?
15. Which of the following modes is most commonly used for voice communications on the 160, 75, and 40 meter bands?
16. Which of the following applies when the FCC rules designate the Amateur Service as a secondary user on a band?
17. What is the power limit for beacon stations?
18. Which of the following describes how a speech processor affects a transmitted single sideband phone signal?
19. What emission is produced by a reactance modulator connected to an RF power amplifier?
20. Which of the following is a disadvantage of multiband antennas?
21. What is the minimum allowable discharge voltage for maximum life of a standard 12 volt lead acid battery?
22. When may the FCC restrict normal frequency operations of amateur stations participating in RACES?
23. What is a common name for an inductor used to help smooth the DC output from the rectifier in a conventional power supply?
24. How can you determine that your station complies with FCC RF exposure regulations?
25. Approximately how long is the typical sunspot cycle?
26. Which of the following describes a linear amplifier?
27. Which of the following is required by the FCC rules when operating in the 60 meter band?
28. On which of the following band segments may you operate if you are a Technician Class operator and have a CSCE for General Class privileges?
29. What would be the SWR if you feed a vertical antenna that has a 25-ohm feed-point impedance with 50-ohm coaxial cable?
30. What does the term "critical angle" mean as used in radio wave propagation?
31. What is the name of the process by which sunlight is changed directly into electricity?
32. What is a purpose of using Automatic Level Control (ALC) with a RF power amplifier?
33. What happens to HF propagation when the Lowest Usable Frequency (LUF) exceeds the Maximum Usable Frequency (MUF)?
34. What is the best speed to use answering a CQ in Morse Code?
35. How many watts are dissipated when a current of 7.0 milliamperes flows through 1.25 kilohms?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).
Log in to set preferences.