1. When is an amateur station permitted to transmit secret codes?
2. How are radio communications usually affected by the charged particles that reach the Earth from solar coronal holes?
3. How does forward error correction allow the receiver to correct errors in received data packets?
4. What is one thing that can be done if evaluation shows that a neighbor might receive more than the allowable limit of RF exposure from the main lobe of a directional antenna?
5. Which of the following is a limitation on transmitter power on the 1.8 MHz band?
6. Why must the metal enclosure of every item of station equipment be grounded?
7. What is one disadvantage of a directly fed random-wire antenna?
8. Which ionospheric layer is the most absorbent of long skip signals during daylight hours on frequencies below 10 MHz?
9. What is the output PEP of an unmodulated carrier if an average reading wattmeter connected to the transmitter output indicates 1060 watts?
10. What happens to HF propagation when the Lowest Usable Frequency (LUF) exceeds the Maximum Usable Frequency (MUF)?
11. Which of the following describes a linear amplifier?
12. What segment of the 80 meter band is most commonly used for data transmissions?
13. What is the advantage of vertical stacking of horizontally polarized Yagi antennas?
14. How should the winding axes of solenoid inductors be placed to minimize their mutual inductance?
15. Which of the following might be useful in reducing RF interference to audio-frequency devices?
16. If propagation changes during your contact and you notice increasing interference from other activity on the same frequency, what should you do?
17. Which of the following statements is true of the single sideband (SSB) voice mode?
18. What is a "capacitance hat", when referring to a mobile antenna?
19. How close to the upper edge of the 20 meter General Class band should your displayed carrier frequency be when using 3 kHz wide USB?
20. Which of the following might be a use for a field strength meter?
21. What is the peak-inverse-voltage across the rectifiers in a full-wave bridge power supply?
22. What would be the SWR if you feed a vertical antenna that has a 25-ohm feed-point impedance with 50-ohm coaxial cable?
23. How is Digital Signal Processor filtering accomplished?
24. Which of the following frequencies is within the General Class portion of the 75 meter phone band?
25. Which of the following components should be added to a capacitor to increase the capacitance?
26. What license examinations may you administer when you are an accredited VE holding a General Class operator license?
27. What is the primary purpose of a screen grid in a vacuum tube?
28. How does the forward gain of a two-element quad antenna compare to the forward gain of a three-element Yagi antenna?
29. Which of the following describes an azimuthal projection map?
30. When may a 10 meter repeater retransmit the 2 meter signal from a station having a Technician Class control operator?
31. Which of the following is a use for the IF shift control on a receiver?
32. What does it mean when a CW operator sends "KN" at the end of a transmission?
33. What is a microprocessor?
34. What is meant by flat-topping of a single-sideband phone transmission?
35. What is impedance?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).
Log in to set preferences.