1. Which of the following frequencies is in the 12 meter band?
2. What usually happens to radio waves with frequencies below the Lowest Usable Frequency (LUF)?
3. What is the maximum transmitting power an amateur station may use on 10.140 MHz?
4. What is the purpose of a gamma match used with Yagi antennas?
5. What precaution should be taken when installing a ground-mounted antenna?
6. Which of the following factors determine the characteristic impedance of a parallel conductor antenna feed line?
7. What is the simplest combination of stages that implement a superheterodyne receiver?
8. What is the minimum age that one must be to qualify as an accredited Volunteer Examiner?
9. What information is traditionally contained in a station log?
10. What is the output PEP from a transmitter if an oscilloscope measures 500 volts peak-to-peak across a 50-ohm resistor connected to the transmitter output?
11. Which of these connector types is commonly used for RF service at frequencies up to 150 MHz?
12. Which of the following is true concerning access to frequencies?
13. What effect do high sunspot numbers have on radio communications?
14. When sending CW, what does a "C" mean when added to the RST report?
15. Which of the following could be a cause of interference covering a wide range of frequencies?
16. Which of the following is a recommended way to break into a conversation when using phone?
17. Which of the following solid state devices is most like a vacuum tube in its general operating characteristics?
18. What is the capacitance of three 100 microfarad capacitors connected in series?
19. What happens to the feed-point impedance of a ground-plane antenna when its radials are changed from horizontal to downward-sloping?
20. How close to the upper edge of the 20 meter General Class band should your displayed carrier frequency be when using 3 kHz wide USB?
21. What item of test equipment contains horizontal and vertical channel amplifiers?
22. Which of the following is an advantage of an NVIS antenna?
23. What portion of the AC cycle is converted to DC by a half-wave rectifier?
24. What is meant by flat-topping of a single-sideband phone transmission?
25. What is the most common frequency shift for RTTY emissions in the amateur HF bands?
26. When might a lead acid storage battery give off explosive hydrogen gas?
27. Which of the following would disqualify a third party from participating in stating a message over an amateur station?
28. Which of the following describes a linear amplifier?
29. Which of the following describes a thermistor?
30. When may an amateur station transmit communications in which the licensee or control operator has a pecuniary (monetary) interest?
31. What is one disadvantage of using a shortened mobile antenna as opposed to a full size antenna?
32. Why isn't frequency modulated (FM) phone used below 29.5 MHz?
33. Where on the Earth do ionospheric layers reach their maximum height?
34. What unit is used to measure reactance?
35. What is the correct adjustment for the load or coupling control of a vacuum tube RF power amplifier?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).
Log in to set preferences.