1. Which of the following antenna types will be most effective for skip communications on 40 meters during the day?
2. What is the solar-flux index?
3. Which mode is most commonly used for voice communications on the 17 and 12 meter bands?
4. What is the reason a series diode is connected between a solar panel and a storage battery that is being charged by the panel?
5. What item of test equipment contains horizontal and vertical channel amplifiers?
6. What is the minimum allowable discharge voltage for maximum life of a standard 12 volt lead acid battery?
7. Which of the following is a common use for the dual VFO feature on a transceiver?
8. What is the main reason to use keyed connectors instead of non-keyed types?
9. What is the first thing you should do if you are communicating with another amateur station and hear a station in distress break in?
10. What standing wave ratio will result from the connection of a 50-ohm feed line to a non-reactive load having a 200-ohm impedance?
11. Which of the following is an advantage of a horizontally polarized as compared to vertically polarized HF antenna?
12. Which of the following describes a log periodic antenna?
13. What does MUF stand for?
14. What circuit is used to process signals from the RF amplifier and local oscillator and send the result to the IF filter in a superheterodyne receiver?
15. Which of the following criteria must be met for a non-U.S. citizen to be an accredited Volunteer Examiner?
16. What should you do if a CW station sends "QRS"?
17. What is the total bandwidth of an FM-phone transmission having a 5 kHzdeviation and a 3 kHz modulating frequency?
18. What is a shift register?
19. Which of the following amateur bands is restricted to communication on only specific channels, rather than frequency ranges?
20. What effect does transmitter duty cycle have when evaluating RF exposure?
21. How many watts are dissipated when a current of 7.0 milliamperes flows through 1.25 kilohms?
22. Which of the following is a Yagi antenna design variable that could be adjusted to optimize forward gain, front-to-back ratio, or SWR bandwidth?
23. How is a directional antenna pointed when making a "long-path" contact with another station?
24. How close to the lower edge of the 40 meter General Class phone segment should your displayed carrier frequency be when using 3 kHz wide LSB?
25. Which symbol in Figure G7-1 represents a multiple-winding transformer?
26. What could be a symptom of a ground loop somewhere in your station?
27. Who or what determines "good engineering and good amateur practice" as applied to the operation of an amateur station in all respects not covered by the Part 97 rules?
28. What portion of the 10 meter band is available for repeater use?
29. Which mode is normally used when sending an RTTY signal via AFSK with an SSB transmitter?
30. Which of the following is covered by the National Electrical Code?
31. What unit is used to measure reactance?
32. Which of the following is an important characteristic for capacitors used to filter the DC output of a switching power supply?
33. What is the total resistance of a 10 ohm, a 20 ohm, and a 50 ohm resistor in parallel?
34. What is the maximum symbol rate permitted for RTTY or data emission transmitted on the 1.25 meter and 70 centimeter bands
35. What control is typically adjusted for proper ALC setting on an amateur single sideband transceiver?
Log in to set preferences.