1. Which of the following frequencies is in the General Class portion of the 40 meter band?
2. What are the restrictions on the use of abbreviations or procedural signals in the Amateur Service?
3. Why should soldered joints not be used with the wires that connect the base of a tower to a system of ground rods?
4. What is a reliable way to determine if the Maximum Usable Frequency (MUF) is high enough to support skip propagation between your station and a distant location on frequencies between 14 and 30 MHz?
5. Which of the following is a limitation on transmitter power on the 28 MHz band?
6. How many data bits are sent in a single PSK31 character?
7. What is meant when memory is characterized as "non-volatile"?
8. What type of radio wave propagation allows a signal to be detected at a distance too far for ground wave propagation but too near for normal sky-wave propagation?
9. What frequency range is occupied by a 3 kHz USB signal with the displayed carrier frequency set to 14.347 MHz?
10. Which of the following modes is most commonly used for voice communications on the 160, 75, and 40 meter bands?
11. What standing wave ratio will result from the connection of a 50-ohm feed line to a non-reactive load having a 50-ohm impedance?
12. What does it mean when a CW operator sends "KN" at the end of a transmission?
13. What is the approximate junction threshold voltage of a germanium diode?
14. What is the correct adjustment for the load or coupling control of a vacuum tube RF power amplifier?
15. Which of the following conditions require an Amateur Radio station licensee to take specific steps to avoid harmful interference to other users or facilities?
16. What information is traditionally contained in a station log?
17. When may the FCC restrict normal frequency operations of amateur stations participating in RACES?
18. What is one way that RF energy can affect human body tissue?
19. Which of the following is an advantage of a switch-mode power supply as compared to a linear power supply?
20. What control is typically adjusted for proper ALC setting on an amateur single sideband transceiver?
21. Which of these classes of amplifiers has the highest efficiency?
22. What is an advantage of using a ferrite core toroidal inductor?
23. What is the output PEP of an unmodulated carrier if an average reading wattmeter connected to the transmitter output indicates 1060 watts?
24. How does antenna height affect the horizontal (azimuthal) radiation pattern of a horizontal dipole HF antenna?
25. What is the turns ratio of a transformer used to match an audio amplifier having a 600-ohm output impedance to a speaker having a 4-ohm impedance?
26. How does an inductor react to AC?
27. What is the name of the process by which sunlight is changed directly into electricity?
28. What type of circuit is used in many FM receivers to convert signals coming from the IF amplifier to audio?
29. What receiver stage combines a 14.250 MHz input signal with a 13.795 MHz oscillator signal to produce a 455 kHz intermediate frequency (IF) signal?
30. What does the term "NVIS" mean as related to antennas?
31. Which of the following is a proper way to identify when transmitting using phone on General Class frequencies if you have a CSCE for the required elements but your upgrade from Technician has not appeared in the FCC database?
32. At what point in the solar cycle does the 20 meter band usually support worldwide propagation during daylight hours?
33. Which of the following is an advantage of a receiver Digital Signal Processor IF filter as compared to an analog filter?
34. What is meant by the "main lobe" of a directive antenna?
35. What is a use for an antenna analyzer other than measuring the SWR of an antenna system?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).
Log in to set preferences.