1. Which of the following is an application for a Beverage antenna?
2. What happens to the RF carrier signal when a modulating audio signal is applied to an FM transmitter?
3. Which of the following types of capacitors are often used in power supply circuits to filter the rectified AC?
4. What signals are used to conduct a two-tone test?
5. Which of the following ionospheric layers is closest to the surface of the Earth?
6. Which symbol in Figure G7-1 represents a tapped inductor?
7. Which part of a transformer is normally connected to the incoming source of energy?
8. Complex digital circuitry can often be replaced by what type of integrated circuit?
9. What is meant by the term "software defined radio" (SDR)?
10. Which statement about a three-element; single-band Yagi antenna is true?
11. What does an S meter measure?
12. When two or more diodes are connected in parallel to increase current handling capacity, what is the purpose of the resistor connected in series with each diode?
13. Which of the following is an advantage of a horizontally polarized as compared to vertically polarized HF antenna?
14. What is one disadvantage of an incandescent indicator compared to an LED?
15. Which of the following is a common use for the dual VFO feature on a transceiver?
16. What part of a data packet contains the routing and handling information?
17. Approximately how long does it take the increased ultraviolet and X-ray radiation from solar flares to affect radio-wave propagation on the Earth?
18. How can you determine that your station complies with FCC RF exposure regulations?
19. Which of the following could be a cause of interference covering a wide range of frequencies?
20. What is the approximate open-circuit voltage from a modern, well-illuminated photovoltaic cell?
21. Which of the following is a limitation on transmitter power on the 1.8 MHz band?
22. Which of the following frequencies is within the General Class portion of the 75 meter phone band?
23. With which of the following conditions must beacon stations comply?
24. Which of the following is most commonly used for SSB voice communications in the VHF and UHF bands?
25. What is the approximate maximum distance along the Earth's surface that is normally covered in one hop using the E region?
26. What does the term "zero beat" mean in CW operation?
27. What is the Amateur Auxiliary to the FCC?
28. What standing wave ratio will result from the connection of a 50-ohm feed line to a non-reactive load having a 10-ohm impedance?
29. Who may be the control operator of an amateur station transmitting in RACES to assist relief operations during a disaster?
30. When must you add the special identifier "AG" after your call sign if you are a Technician Class licensee and have a CSCE for General Class operator privileges, but the FCC has not yet posted your upgrade on its Web site?
31. Which of the following conditions will cause a Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter (GFCI) to disconnect the 120 or 240 Volt AC line power to a device?
32. What is the peak-to-peak voltage of a sine wave that has an RMS voltage of 120 volts?
33. Which of the following causes opposition to the flow of alternating current in an inductor?
34. What is the name of the stage in a VHF FM transmitter that generates a harmonic of a lower frequency signal to reach the desired operating frequency?
35. When may a 10 meter repeater retransmit the 2 meter signal from a station having a Technician Class control operator?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).
Log in to set preferences.