1. What is the output PEP of an unmodulated carrier if an average reading wattmeter connected to the transmitter output indicates 1060 watts?
2. What precaution should you take whenever you make adjustments or repairs to an antenna?
3. What is the sunspot number?
4. Which of the following is a purpose of a beacon station as identified in the FCC Rules?
5. Which of the following is a reason why a Yagi antenna is often used for radio communications on the 20 meter band?
6. Which ionospheric layer is the most absorbent of long skip signals during daylight hours on frequencies below 10 MHz?
7. What is the RMS voltage across a 500-turn secondary winding in a transformer if the 2250-turn primary is connected to 120 VAC?
8. Why is it important to know the duty cycle of the data mode you are using when transmitting?
9. Which of the following is a recommended way to break into a conversation when using phone?
10. Which wire or wires in a four-conductor line cord should be attached to fuses or circuit breakers in a device operated from a 240-VAC single-phase source?
11. What is the purpose of the "notch filter" found on many HF transceivers?
12. Which of the following is a disadvantage of multiband antennas?
13. Who may be the control operator of an amateur station transmitting in RACES to assist relief operations during a disaster?
14. What frequency range is occupied by a 3 kHz USB signal with the displayed carrier frequency set to 14.347 MHz?
15. What standing wave ratio will result from the connection of a 50-ohm feed line to a non-reactive load having a 200-ohm impedance?
16. When may a 10 meter repeater retransmit the 2 meter signal from a station having a Technician Class control operator?
17. On which of the following band segments may you operate if you are a Technician Class operator and have a CSCE for General Class privileges?
18. What is the simplest combination of stages that implement a superheterodyne receiver?
19. Which of the following describes a thermistor?
20. Which of the following frequencies is within the General Class portion of the 75 meter phone band?
21. What skills learned during "hidden transmitter hunts" are of help to the Amateur Auxiliary?
22. What are the basic components of virtually all sine wave oscillators?
23. What does MUF stand for?
24. What is the maximum symbol rate permitted for RTTY or data emission transmission on the 20 meter band?
25. Which of the following is one use for a Digital Signal Processor in an amateur station?
26. Which of the following is a disadvantage of using wind as the primary source of power for an emergency station?
27. What is a type SMA connector?
28. What happens to the feed-point impedance of a ground-plane antenna when its radials are changed from horizontal to downward-sloping?
29. Which of the following might be a use for a field strength meter?
30. What does the Q signal "QRV" mean?
31. Which of the following phone emissions uses the narrowest frequency bandwidth?
32. What is the most common frequency shift for RTTY emissions in the amateur HF bands?
33. Why must the cases of some large power transistors be insulated from ground?
34. What is impedance?
35. What is the output waveform of an unfiltered full-wave rectifier connected to a resistive load?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).
Log in to set preferences.