1. What is the main reason to use keyed connectors instead of non-keyed types?
2. Why is impedance matching important?
3. Why is long distance communication on the 40, 60, 80 and 160 meter bands more difficult during the day?
4. Which statement about a three-element; single-band Yagi antenna is true?
5. What does LUF stand for?
6. Which of the following factors determine the characteristic impedance of a parallel conductor antenna feed line?
7. Which of the following is required by the FCC rules when operating in the 60 meter band?
8. What is the inductance of three 10 millihenry inductors connected in parallel?
9. What happens to the feed-point impedance of a ground-plane antenna when its radials are changed from horizontal to downward-sloping?
10. Which of the following is a requirement for administering a Technician Class operator examination?
11. Which of the following describes the construction of a MOSFET?
12. What is the maximum height above ground to which an antenna structure may be erected without requiring notification to the FAA and registration with the FCC, provided it is not at or near a public use airport?
13. Which of the following is needed for a Digital Signal Processor IF filter?
14. What effect does a Sudden Ionospheric Disturbance have on the daytime ionospheric propagation of HF radio waves?
15. What is a major advantage of MFSK16 compared to other digital modes?
16. What is the peak-inverse-voltage across the rectifier in a half-wave power supply?
17. Which of the following is one effect of lead inductance in a capacitor used at VHF and above?
18. What type of modulation varies the instantaneous power level of the RF signal?
19. Which of the following modes is most commonly used for voice communications on the 160, 75, and 40 meter bands?
20. On which of the following bands is image transmission prohibited?
21. Which of the following is a limitation on transmitter power on the 28 MHz band?
22. What is the peak-to-peak voltage of a sine wave that has an RMS voltage of 120 volts?
23. How should the transceiver audio input be adjusted when transmitting PSK31 data signals?
24. Which of the following conditions require an Amateur Radio station licensee to take specific steps to avoid harmful interference to other users or facilities?
25. What does the Q signal "QRQ" mean?
26. Which of the following might be a use for a field strength meter?
27. Which of the following is a primary reason for not placing a gasoline-fueled generator inside an occupied area?
28. Which of the following properties is important in estimating whether an RF signal exceeds the maximum permissible exposure (MPE)?
29. Which of the following is a disadvantage of multiband antennas?
30. What is the relationship between transmitted symbol rate and bandwidth?
31. How is the efficiency of an RF power amplifier determined?
32. What does an S meter measure?
33. What is the "DX window" in a voluntary band plan?
34. Which of the following can perform automatic notching of interfering carriers?
35. What is the approximate open-circuit voltage from a modern, well-illuminated photovoltaic cell?
Log in to set preferences.