1. What are the restrictions on the use of abbreviations or procedural signals in the Amateur Service?
2. What is the correct adjustment for the load or coupling control of a vacuum tube RF power amplifier?
3. What is the maximum symbol rate permitted for RTTY or data emission transmission on the 20 meter band?
4. Which of the following frequencies is in the General Class portion of the 40 meter band?
5. For which of the following modes is a Class C power stage appropriate for amplifying a modulated signal?
6. Which of the following statements is true of SSB VOX operation?
7. How does forward error correction allow the receiver to correct errors in received data packets?
8. Why is it best NOT to draw the DC power for a 100-watt HF transceiver from an automobile's auxiliary power socket?
9. Which of the following is a characteristic of a liquid crystal display?
10. What signal(s) would be found at the output of a properly adjusted balanced modulator?
11. What does it mean when a CW operator sends "KN" at the end of a transmission?
12. Which of the following conditions will cause a Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter (GFCI) to disconnect the 120 or 240 Volt AC line power to a device?
13. Which of the following would reduce RF interference caused by common-mode current on an audio cable?
14. Which statement about a three-element; single-band Yagi antenna is true?
15. What does LUF stand for?
16. Which of the following ionospheric layers is closest to the surface of the Earth?
17. What is the low angle azimuthal radiation pattern of an ideal half-wavelength dipole antenna installed 1/2 wavelength high and parallel to the Earth?
18. What are the typical characteristic impedances of coaxial cables used for antenna feed lines at amateur stations?
19. How close to the upper edge of the 20 meter General Class band should your displayed carrier frequency be when using 3 kHz wide USB?
20. What is a geomagnetic storm?
21. Which of the following is an advantage of using a Schottky diode in an RF switching circuit as compared to a standard silicon diode?
22. What language must you use when identifying your station if you are using a language other than English in making a contact using phone emission?
23. Which of the following is an advantage of an NVIS antenna?
24. What frequency should be used to send a distress call?
25. What safety feature does a power-supply bleeder resistor provide?
26. What does the abbreviation "MFSK" stand for?
27. What is the peak-to-peak voltage of a sine wave that has an RMS voltage of 120 volts?
28. Which of the following types of capacitors are often used in power supply circuits to filter the rectified AC?
29. Which of the following is an advantage of an oscilloscope versus a digital voltmeter?
30. What is the minimum age that one must be to qualify as an accredited Volunteer Examiner?
31. What type of instrument can be used to accurately measure an RF field?
32. What is QRP operation?
33. Which of the following causes opposition to the flow of alternating current in a capacitor?
34. Which of the following is an advantage of a transceiver controlled by a direct digital synthesizer (DDS)?
35. What is the inductance of three 10 millihenry inductors connected in parallel?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).
Log in to set preferences.