1. What is the primary purpose of antenna traps?
2. Why is it good to match receiver bandwidth to the bandwidth of the operating mode?
3. What is a "capacitance hat", when referring to a mobile antenna?
4. What is the RMS voltage across a 500-turn secondary winding in a transformer if the 2250-turn primary is connected to 120 VAC?
5. What is the correct adjustment for the load or coupling control of a vacuum tube RF power amplifier?
6. Which of the following describes the function of a two input AND gate?
7. How should the winding axes of solenoid inductors be placed to minimize their mutual inductance?
8. On which of the following bands is image transmission prohibited?
9. What is the effect on an audio device or telephone system if there is interference from a nearby CW transmitter?
10. When may music be transmitted by an amateur station?
11. Which of the following describes the construction of a MOSFET?
12. What is the maximum transmitting power an amateur station may use on the 12 meter band?
13. What is the peak-inverse-voltage across the rectifier in a half-wave power supply?
14. What type of radio wave propagation allows a signal to be detected at a distance too far for ground wave propagation but too near for normal sky-wave propagation?
15. What should be the impedance of a low-pass filter as compared to the impedance of the transmission line into which it is inserted?
16. When sending CW, what does a "C" mean when added to the RST report?
17. Which of the following must be connected to an antenna analyzer when it is being used for SWR measurements?
18. Which wire or wires in a four-conductor line cord should be attached to fuses or circuit breakers in a device operated from a 240-VAC single-phase source?
19. What usually happens to radio waves with frequencies below the Lowest Usable Frequency (LUF)?
20. How does an S meter reading of 20 dB over S-9 compare to an S-9 signal, assuming a properly calibrated S meter?
21. What signal(s) would be found at the output of a properly adjusted balanced modulator?
22. What is the "DX window" in a voluntary band plan?
23. A two-times increase or decrease in power results in a change of how many dB?
24. Which of the following factors determine the characteristic impedance of a parallel conductor antenna feed line?
25. Which sideband is most commonly used for voice communications on frequencies of 14 MHz or higher?
26. What is the most common frequency shift for RTTY emissions in the amateur HF bands?
27. What unit is used to measure impedance?
28. What is the Amateur Auxiliary to the FCC?
29. What is a geomagnetic storm?
30. What is the general description of a DIN type connector?
31. Which of the following is a requirement for a non-licensed person to communicate with a foreign Amateur Radio station from a station with an FCC granted license at which a licensed control operator is present?
32. Which of the following is a reason why a Yagi antenna is often used for radio communications on the 20 meter band?
33. Which of the following properties is important in estimating whether an RF signal exceeds the maximum permissible exposure (MPE)?
34. What is an advantage of downward sloping radials on a quarter wave ground-plane antenna?
35. On which of the following band segments may you operate if you are a Technician Class operator and have a CSCE for General Class privileges?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).