1. Which sideband is most commonly used for voice communications on frequencies of 14 MHz or higher?
2. Which of the following describes one method of impedance matching between two AC circuits?
3. What is the maximum bandwidth permitted by FCC rules for Amateur Radio stations when transmitting on USB frequencies in the 60 meter band?
4. What is the Amateur Auxiliary to the FCC?
5. Which of the following frequencies is available to a control operator holding a General Class license?
6. Which statement about a three-element; single-band Yagi antenna is true?
7. What type of modulation varies the instantaneous power level of the RF signal?
8. Which of the following is sufficient for you to be an administering VE for a Technician Class operator license examination?
9. How can you determine that your station complies with FCC RF exposure regulations?
10. Which element of a triode vacuum tube is used to regulate the flow of electrons between cathode and plate?
11. When is an amateur station permitted to transmit secret codes?
12. When may the FCC restrict normal frequency operations of amateur stations participating in RACES?
13. What is an effect of inter-turn capacitance in an inductor?
14. What does MUF stand for?
15. What is the purpose of a "corona ball" on a HF mobile antenna?
16. What frequency range is occupied by a 3 kHz LSB signal when the displayed carrier frequency is set to 7.178 MHz?
17. In the PACTOR protocol, what is meant by an NAK response to a transmitted packet?
18. What is the RMS voltage of a sine wave with a value of 17 volts peak?
19. What is the sunspot number?
20. What does it mean when a CW operator sends "CL" at the end of a transmission?
21. What is the purpose of an electronic keyer?
22. Which of the following antenna types will be most effective for skip communications on 40 meters during the day?
23. What would be the SWR if you feed a vertical antenna that has a 25-ohm feed-point impedance with 50-ohm coaxial cable?
24. Which of the following is an application for a Beverage antenna?
25. What receiver stage combines a 14.250 MHz input signal with a 13.795 MHz oscillator signal to produce a 455 kHz intermediate frequency (IF) signal?
26. Which of the following is the best instrument to use when checking the keying waveform of a CW transmitter?
27. Which of the following is true of an emergency generator installation?
28. Which of the following is an advantage of using the binary system when processing digital signals?
29. What happens to the feed-point impedance of a ground-plane antenna when its radials are changed from horizontal to downward-sloping?
30. What is meant when memory is characterized as "non-volatile"?
31. Which of the following is an advantage of a transceiver controlled by a direct digital synthesizer (DDS)?
32. What could be a symptom of a ground loop somewhere in your station?
33. Which symbol in figure G7-1 represents a Zener diode?
34. What language must you use when identifying your station if you are using a language other than English in making a contact using phone emission?
35. What is the equivalent capacitance of two 5000 picofarad capacitors and one 750 picofarad capacitor connected in parallel?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).
Log in to set preferences.