1. How should the winding axes of solenoid inductors be placed to minimize their mutual inductance?
2. How does the gain of two 3-element horizontally polarized Yagi antennas spaced vertically 1/2 wavelength apart typically compare to the gain of a single 3-element Yagi?
3. Why isn't frequency modulated (FM) phone used below 29.5 MHz?
4. What is the approximate length for a 1/4-wave vertical antenna cut for 28.5 MHz?
5. Which of the following describes the construction of a MOSFET?
6. Which of the following is an effect of over-modulation?
7. On which of the following bands is phone operation prohibited?
8. Which of the following describes how a speech processor affects a transmitted single sideband phone signal?
9. What is the capacitance of a 20 microfarad capacitor in series with a 50 microfarad capacitor?
10. What is an instance in which the use of an instrument with analog readout may be preferred over an instrument with a numerical digital readout?
11. When choosing a transmitting frequency, what should you do to comply with good amateur practice?
12. Which of the following is a proper way to identify when transmitting using phone on General Class frequencies if you have a CSCE for the required elements but your upgrade from Technician has not appeared in the FCC database?
13. What part of a data packet contains the routing and handling information?
14. What is one advantage of selecting the opposite or "reverse" sideband when receiving CW signals on a typical HF transceiver?
15. What is the reason a series diode is connected between a solar panel and a storage battery that is being charged by the panel?
16. What factors affect the Maximum Usable Frequency (MUF)?
17. What circuit is used to process signals from the RF amplifier and local oscillator and send the result to the IF filter in a superheterodyne receiver?
18. Why is the F2 region mainly responsible for the longest distance radio wave propagation?
19. Complex digital circuitry can often be replaced by what type of integrated circuit?
20. What does it mean when a CW operator sends "KN" at the end of a transmission?
21. What standing wave ratio will result from the connection of a 50-ohm feed line to a non-reactive load having a 10-ohm impedance?
22. What information is traditionally contained in a station log?
23. Which of the following steps must an amateur operator take to ensure compliance with RF safety regulations when transmitter power exceeds levels specified in part 97.13?
24. In what ITU region is operation in the 7.175 to 7.300 MHz band permitted for a control operator holding an FCC-issued General Class license?
25. Which symbol in figure G7-1 represents an NPN junction transistor?
26. Which of the following describes one method of impedance matching between two AC circuits?
27. Which of the following should be observed for safety when climbing on a tower using a safety belt or harness?
28. When selecting a CW transmitting frequency, what minimum frequency separation should you allow in order to minimize interference to stations on adjacent frequencies?
29. Which mode of voice communication is most commonly used on the high frequency amateur bands?
30. What causes HF propagation conditions to vary periodically in a 28-day cycle?
31. What is the maximum transmitting power an amateur station may use on the 12 meter band?
32. What is the main reason to use keyed connectors instead of non-keyed types?
33. What might be the problem if you receive an RF burn when touching your equipment while transmitting on an HF band, assuming the equipment is connected to a ground rod?
34. What is the primary purpose of antenna traps?
35. What is the RMS voltage of a sine wave with a value of 17 volts peak?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).
Log in to set preferences.