1. What is a reliable way to determine if the Maximum Usable Frequency (MUF) is high enough to support skip propagation between your station and a distant location on frequencies between 14 and 30 MHz?
2. How much must the power output of a transmitter be raised to change the S- meter reading on a distant receiver from S8 to S9?
3. On which of the following bands is image transmission prohibited?
4. Which of the following is a requirement for a non-licensed person to communicate with a foreign Amateur Radio station from a station with an FCC granted license at which a licensed control operator is present?
5. What is the first thing you should do if you are communicating with another amateur station and hear a station in distress break in?
6. What is the power limit for beacon stations?
7. How many watts of electrical power are used if 400 VDC is supplied to an 800-ohm load?
8. What is the name of the process that changes the phase angle of an RF wave to convey information?
9. Why do many amateurs keep a log even though the FCC doesn't require it?
10. Which of the following is covered by the National Electrical Code?
11. What is the name of the stage in a VHF FM transmitter that generates a harmonic of a lower frequency signal to reach the desired operating frequency?
12. What causes HF propagation conditions to vary periodically in a 28-day cycle?
13. What is the reason a series diode is connected between a solar panel and a storage battery that is being charged by the panel?
14. Which of the following is an advantage of CMOS integrated circuits compared to TTL integrated circuits?
15. What prosign is sent to indicate the end of a formal message when using CW?
16. Volunteer Examiners are accredited by what organization?
17. What is the inductance of three 10 millihenry inductors connected in parallel?
18. What segment of the 20 meter band is most often used for data transmissions?
19. What is the maximum symbol rate permitted for RTTY or data emission transmitted at frequencies below 28 MHz?
20. Which mode of voice communication is most commonly used on the high frequency amateur bands?
21. Which of the following causes opposition to the flow of alternating current in an inductor?
22. Which of the following is an advantage of an NVIS antenna?
23. How does the gain of two 3-element horizontally polarized Yagi antennas spaced vertically 1/2 wavelength apart typically compare to the gain of a single 3-element Yagi?
24. What is a common name for an inductor used to help smooth the DC output from the rectifier in a conventional power supply?
25. What is the simplest combination of stages that implement a superheterodyne receiver?
26. When is it acceptable to recharge a carbon-zinc primary cell?
27. Which of the following is an advantage of a receiver Digital Signal Processor IF filter as compared to an analog filter?
28. Which of the following describes the function of a two input AND gate?
29. Which of the following is a use for the IF shift control on a receiver?
30. What is an instance in which the use of an instrument with analog readout may be preferred over an instrument with a numerical digital readout?
31. What type of instrument can be used to accurately measure an RF field?
32. Why is long distance communication on the 40, 60, 80 and 160 meter bands more difficult during the day?
33. What is the approximate length for a 1/2-wave dipole antenna cut for 14.250 MHz?
34. What is the reason for the occurrence of reflected power at the point where a feed line connects to an antenna?
35. What is the output waveform of an unfiltered full-wave rectifier connected to a resistive load?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).
Log in to set preferences.