1. In what values are RF feed line losses usually expressed?
2. With which foreign countries is third party traffic prohibited, except for messages directly involving emergencies or disaster relief communications?
3. Which of the following is an effect of over-modulation?
4. What skills learned during "hidden transmitter hunts" are of help to the Amateur Auxiliary?
5. What is the RMS voltage across a 500-turn secondary winding in a transformer if the 2250-turn primary is connected to 120 VAC?
6. Why is it best NOT to draw the DC power for a 100-watt HF transceiver from an automobile's auxiliary power socket?
7. Why is the F2 region mainly responsible for the longest distance radio wave propagation?
8. Which of the following amateur radio HF frequencies are least reliable for long distance communications during periods of low solar activity?
9. When must you add the special identifier "AG" after your call sign if you are a Technician Class licensee and have a CSCE for General Class operator privileges, but the FCC has not yet posted your upgrade on its Web site?
10. What is the output PEP from a transmitter if an oscilloscope measures 500 volts peak-to-peak across a 50-ohm resistor connected to the transmitter output?
11. When may an amateur station transmit communications in which the licensee or control operator has a pecuniary (monetary) interest?
12. Which of the following is used to process signals from the balanced modulator and send them to the mixer in a single-sideband phone transmitter?
13. What frequency range is occupied by a 3 kHz USB signal with the displayed carrier frequency set to 14.347 MHz?
14. Which symbol in Figure G7-1 represents a multiple-winding transformer?
15. Which of the following devices can be used for impedance matching at radio frequencies?
16. Which of the following is an application for a Beverage antenna?
17. Which of the following describes the function of a two input NOR gate?
18. What is one disadvantage of an incandescent indicator compared to an LED?
19. What is one reason to use the attenuator function that is present on many HF transceivers?
20. How might a sky-wave signal sound if it arrives at your receiver by both short path and long path propagation?
21. What is the maximum symbol rate permitted for RTTY or data emission transmissions on the 2 meter band?
22. Why is high input impedance desirable for a voltmeter?
23. How should the winding axes of solenoid inductors be placed to minimize their mutual inductance?
24. What happens when the feed point of a quad antenna is changed from the center of either horizontal wire to the center of either vertical wire?
25. What is the customary minimum frequency separation between SSB signals under normal conditions?
26. Why is it important to know the duty cycle of the data mode you are using when transmitting?
27. How does the feed-point impedance of a 1/2 wave dipole antenna change as the antenna is lowered from 1/4 wave above ground?
28. Why must the cases of some large power transistors be insulated from ground?
29. Which of the following is a recommended way to break into a conversation when using phone?
30. What is the effect on an audio device or telephone system if there is interference from a nearby CW transmitter?
31. What precaution should be taken when installing a ground-mounted antenna?
32. What does the term "zero beat" mean in CW operation?
33. On which of the following bands is image transmission prohibited?
34. What segment of the 20 meter band is most often used for data transmissions?
35. Why must the metal enclosure of every item of station equipment be grounded?
Log in to set preferences.