1. Which of the following describes the function of a two input NOR gate?
2. Which of the following is covered by the National Electrical Code?
3. Why isn't frequency modulated (FM) phone used below 29.5 MHz?
4. What type of instrument can be used to accurately measure an RF field?
5. What type of device is often used to enable matching the transmitter output to an impedance other than 50 ohms?
6. How many watts are dissipated when a current of 7.0 milliamperes flows through 1.25 kilohms?
7. Which of the following is an advantage of a transceiver controlled by a direct digital synthesizer (DDS)?
8. Which of the following is a disadvantage of using wind as the primary source of power for an emergency station?
9. What is the "DX window" in a voluntary band plan?
10. Approximately how long is the typical sunspot cycle?
11. How does the FCC require an amateur station to be operated in all respects not specifically covered by the Part 97 rules?
12. Where is an S meter found?
13. How does the attenuation of coaxial cable change as the frequency of the signal it is carrying increases?
14. What skills learned during "hidden transmitter hunts" are of help to the Amateur Auxiliary?
15. Which of the following is a limitation on transmitter power on the 1.8 MHz band?
16. Which of the following is a proper way to identify when transmitting using phone on General Class frequencies if you have a CSCE for the required elements but your upgrade from Technician has not appeared in the FCC database?
17. Which of the following statements is true of SSB VOX operation?
18. Which of the following is an advantage of a horizontally polarized as compared to vertically polarized HF antenna?
19. When may a 10 meter repeater retransmit the 2 meter signal from a station having a Technician Class control operator?
20. When sending CW, what does a "C" mean when added to the RST report?
21. What is the capacitance of three 100 microfarad capacitors connected in series?
22. Which of the following frequencies is in the 12 meter band?
23. Which of the following is an advantage of a switch-mode power supply as compared to a linear power supply?
24. Which of the following would reduce RF interference caused by common-mode current on an audio cable?
25. Which of the following is an important characteristic for capacitors used to filter the DC output of a switching power supply?
26. Which of the following antenna types will be most effective for skip communications on 40 meters during the day?
27. What is the approximate maximum distance along the Earth's surface that is normally covered in one hop using the E region?
28. Which of the following is a disadvantage of multiband antennas?
29. Which of the following instruments may be used to monitor relative RF output when making antenna and transmitter adjustments?
30. What unit is used to measure impedance?
31. What happens when the feed point of a quad antenna is changed from the center of either horizontal wire to the center of either vertical wire?
32. Which of the following is an effect of over-modulation?
33. Which of the following solid state devices is most like a vacuum tube in its general operating characteristics?
34. What is a microprocessor?
35. In what segment of the 20 meter band are most PSK31 operations commonly found?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).
Log in to set preferences.