1. Which of the following solid state devices is most like a vacuum tube in its general operating characteristics?
2. Which of the following is most commonly used for SSB voice communications in the VHF and UHF bands?
3. Which of the following is sufficient for you to be an administering VE for a Technician Class operator license examination?
4. What does "time averaging" mean in reference to RF radiation exposure?
5. When may an amateur station transmit communications in which the licensee or control operator has a pecuniary (monetary) interest?
6. How does the attenuation of coaxial cable change as the frequency of the signal it is carrying increases?
7. Why is a time delay sometimes included in a transmitter keying circuit?
8. Which of the following is one effect of lead inductance in a capacitor used at VHF and above?
9. What does the Q signal "QRQ" mean?
10. What is the approximate maximum distance along the Earth's surface that is normally covered in one hop using the F2 region?
11. What is the maximum bandwidth permitted by FCC rules for Amateur Radio stations when transmitting on USB frequencies in the 60 meter band?
12. What is a geomagnetic storm?
13. What language must you use when identifying your station if you are using a language other than English in making a contact using phone emission?
14. What does the abbreviation "RTTY" stand for?
15. How many states does a 3-bit binary counter have?
16. Why is it important to know the duty cycle of the data mode you are using when transmitting?
17. What is the primary purpose of antenna traps?
18. What is the reason a series diode is connected between a solar panel and a storage battery that is being charged by the panel?
19. On which of the following bands is a General Class license holder granted all amateur frequency privileges?
20. What is an advantage of downward sloping radials on a quarter wave ground-plane antenna?
21. What effect can be caused by a resonant ground connection?
22. What is the peak-inverse-voltage across the rectifier in a half-wave power supply?
23. Which of the following might be an indication that signals heard on the HF bands are being received via scatter propagation?
24. What item of test equipment contains horizontal and vertical channel amplifiers?
25. What is the output PEP from a transmitter if an oscilloscope measures 500 volts peak-to-peak across a 50-ohm resistor connected to the transmitter output?
26. What circuit is used to combine signals from the IF amplifier and BFO and send the result to the AF amplifier in a single-sideband receiver?
27. Which of the following describes how a speech processor affects a transmitted single sideband phone signal?
28. Which HF antenna would be the best to use for minimizing interference?
29. What signal(s) would be found at the output of a properly adjusted balanced modulator?
30. How does a capacitor react to AC?
31. What is the turns ratio of a transformer used to match an audio amplifier having a 600-ohm output impedance to a speaker having a 4-ohm impedance?
32. What must you do when powering your house from an emergency generator?
33. Which of these connector types is commonly used for RF service at frequencies up to 150 MHz?
34. Approximately how long is each side of a quad antenna driven element?
35. If propagation changes during your contact and you notice increasing interference from other activity on the same frequency, what should you do?
Log in to set preferences.