1. Which of the following is an advantage of a transceiver controlled by a direct digital synthesizer (DDS)?
2. Which symbol in figure G7-1 represents a Zener diode?
3. What control is typically adjusted for proper ALC setting on an amateur single sideband transceiver?
4. What is the primary purpose of a screen grid in a vacuum tube?
5. What is the output PEP from a transmitter if an oscilloscope measures 500 volts peak-to-peak across a 50-ohm resistor connected to the transmitter output?
6. Which of the following components should be added to an inductor to increase the inductance?
7. Which of the following is most commonly used for SSB voice communications in the VHF and UHF bands?
8. What is the maximum transmitting power an amateur station may use on the 12 meter band?
9. Which of the following is an important characteristic for capacitors used to filter the DC output of a switching power supply?
10. What is a practical way to avoid harmful interference when selecting a frequency to call CQ on CW or phone?
11. When sending CW, what does a "C" mean when added to the RST report?
12. What are the basic components of virtually all sine wave oscillators?
13. Which of the following causes opposition to the flow of alternating current in a capacitor?
14. Which of the following steps must an amateur operator take to ensure compliance with RF safety regulations when transmitter power exceeds levels specified in part 97.13?
15. What frequency range is occupied by a 3 kHz LSB signal when the displayed carrier frequency is set to 7.178 MHz?
16. Which of the following is covered by the National Electrical Code?
17. How does the FCC require an amateur station to be operated in all respects not specifically covered by the Part 97 rules?
18. How does forward error correction allow the receiver to correct errors in received data packets?
19. What portion of the 10 meter band is available for repeater use?
20. What is the approximate maximum theoretical forward gain of a three element, single-band Yagi antenna?
21. What condition can lead to permanent damage when using a solid-state RF power amplifier?
22. What happens to HF propagation when the Lowest Usable Frequency (LUF) exceeds the Maximum Usable Frequency (MUF)?
23. What would be the SWR if you feed an antenna that has a 300-ohm feed-point impedance with 50-ohm coaxial cable?
24. What is the name of the process by which sunlight is changed directly into electricity?
25. What is the minimum age that one must be to qualify as an accredited Volunteer Examiner?
26. Which of the following might be an indication that signals heard on the HF bands are being received via scatter propagation?
27. What segment of the 80 meter band is most commonly used for data transmissions?
28. Approximately how long is the typical sunspot cycle?
29. What is the low angle azimuthal radiation pattern of an ideal half-wavelength dipole antenna installed 1/2 wavelength high and parallel to the Earth?
30. What signals are used to conduct a two-tone test?
31. Which of the following is an application for a Beverage antenna?
32. Which of the following frequencies is available to a control operator holding a General Class license?
33. Which of the following describes an integrated circuit operational amplifier?
34. Why do many amateurs keep a log even though the FCC doesn't require it?
35. Which of the following is one use for a Digital Signal Processor in an amateur station?
Log in to set preferences.