1. Which of the following ionospheric layers is closest to the surface of the Earth?
2. How is Digital Signal Processor filtering accomplished?
3. Which of the following amateur bands is restricted to communication on only specific channels, rather than frequency ranges?
4. Complex digital circuitry can often be replaced by what type of integrated circuit?
5. What usually happens to radio waves with frequencies below the Maximum Usable Frequency (MUF) and above the Lowest Usable Frequency (LUF) when they are sent into the ionosphere?
6. Why is it good to match receiver bandwidth to the bandwidth of the operating mode?
7. Which of the following is an application for a Beverage antenna?
8. Which of the following is an advantage of a switch-mode power supply as compared to a linear power supply?
9. What effect does transmitter duty cycle have when evaluating RF exposure?
10. What is the output PEP of an unmodulated carrier if an average reading wattmeter connected to the transmitter output indicates 1060 watts?
11. Which of the following is a limitation on transmitter power on the 14 MHz band?
12. What is the reason for the occurrence of reflected power at the point where a feed line connects to an antenna?
13. What sound is heard from an audio device or telephone if there is interference from a nearby single-sideband phone transmitter?
14. Approximately how long is each side of a quad antenna driven element?
15. If propagation changes during your contact and you notice increasing interference from other activity on the same frequency, what should you do?
16. What signals are used to conduct a two-tone test?
17. Which of the following are objectives of the Amateur Auxiliary?
18. Who or what determines "good engineering and good amateur practice" as applied to the operation of an amateur station in all respects not covered by the Part 97 rules?
19. What is the solar-flux index?
20. Which of the following is a use for the IF shift control on a receiver?
21. What is one disadvantage of an incandescent indicator compared to an LED?
22. Why must the cases of some large power transistors be insulated from ground?
23. How long is a Certificate of Successful Completion of Examination (CSCE) valid for exam element credit?
24. Which of the following describes one method of impedance matching between two AC circuits?
25. Which of the following is most commonly used for SSB voice communications in the VHF and UHF bands?
26. Which part of a transformer is normally connected to the incoming source of energy?
27. What is the purpose of a "corona ball" on a HF mobile antenna?
28. What is an effect of inter-turn capacitance in an inductor?
29. What is the name of the process that changes the envelope of an RF wave to carry information?
30. When may a 10 meter repeater retransmit the 2 meter signal from a station having a Technician Class control operator?
31. What does the Q signal "QRQ" mean?
32. What does the abbreviation "RTTY" stand for?
33. When might a lead acid storage battery give off explosive hydrogen gas?
34. How close to the lower edge of the 40 meter General Class phone segment should your displayed carrier frequency be when using 3 kHz wide LSB?
35. How does the feed-point impedance of a 1/2 wave dipole change as the feed-point location is moved from the center toward the ends?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).
Log in to set preferences.