1. What is the maximum transmitting power an amateur station may use on the 12 meter band?
2. Which of the following modes is most commonly used for voice communications on the 160, 75, and 40 meter bands?
3. What are the stable operating points for a bipolar transistor used as a switch in a logic circuit?
4. Which of the following is a Yagi antenna design variable that could be adjusted to optimize forward gain, front-to-back ratio, or SWR bandwidth?
5. Which symbol in figure G7-1 represents a Zener diode?
6. Where should the radial wires of a ground-mounted vertical antenna system be placed?
7. Where is an S meter found?
8. What is the capacitance of a 20 microfarad capacitor in series with a 50 microfarad capacitor?
9. What determines the frequency of an LC oscillator?
10. What is a type SMA connector?
11. When may music be transmitted by an amateur station?
12. Which of the following is an application for a Beverage antenna?
13. Which of the following is a requirement for administering a Technician Class operator examination?
14. What sound is heard from an audio device or telephone if there is interference from a nearby single-sideband phone transmitter?
15. What is the frequency deviation for a 12.21-MHz reactance-modulated oscillator in a 5-kHz deviation, 146.52-MHz FM-phone transmitter?
16. What would be the SWR if you feed a vertical antenna that has a 25-ohm feed-point impedance with 50-ohm coaxial cable?
17. Which of the following complies with good amateur practice when choosing a frequency on which to initiate a call?
18. What type of device is often used to enable matching the transmitter output to an impedance other than 50 ohms?
19. Which of the following is an important characteristic for capacitors used to filter the DC output of a switching power supply?
20. What is the output PEP from a transmitter if an oscilloscope measures 200 volts peak-to-peak across a 50-ohm dummy load connected to the transmitter output?
21. What is meant by flat-topping of a single-sideband phone transmission?
22. What is one thing that can be done if evaluation shows that a neighbor might receive more than the allowable limit of RF exposure from the main lobe of a directional antenna?
23. What is the purpose of a "corona ball" on a HF mobile antenna?
24. What portion of the 10 meter band is available for repeater use?
25. How might a sky-wave signal sound if it arrives at your receiver by both short path and long path propagation?
26. How does the receiving station respond to an ARQ data mode packet containing errors?
27. Which of the following is a primary reason for not placing a gasoline-fueled generator inside an occupied area?
28. Which of the following might be an indication that signals heard on the HF bands are being received via scatter propagation?
29. What does the Q signal "QSL" mean?
30. Which of the following describes an azimuthal projection map?
31. What signal source is connected to the vertical input of an oscilloscope when checking the RF envelope pattern of a transmitted signal?
32. What unit is used to measure impedance?
33. What type of circuit is used in many FM receivers to convert signals coming from the IF amplifier to audio?
34. Which of the following frequencies is within the General Class portion of the 20 meter phone band?
35. What is a geomagnetic storm?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).
Log in to set preferences.