1. What does "front-to-back ratio" mean in reference to a Yagi antenna?
2. What factors affect the Maximum Usable Frequency (MUF)?
3. Which of the following describes an azimuthal projection map?
4. What is the simplest combination of stages that implement a superheterodyne receiver?
5. Which symbol in figure G7-1 represents an NPN junction transistor?
6. Which of the following can be determined with a field strength meter?
7. For which of the following modes is a Class C power stage appropriate for amplifying a modulated signal?
8. What does "time averaging" mean in reference to RF radiation exposure?
9. What is another term for the mixing of two RF signals?
10. Which of the following is a use for the IF shift control on a receiver?
11. Which of the following is an advantage when using single sideband as compared to other analog voice modes on the HF amateur bands?
12. Which wire or wires in a four-conductor line cord should be attached to fuses or circuit breakers in a device operated from a 240-VAC single-phase source?
13. What standing wave ratio will result from the connection of a 50-ohm feed line to a non-reactive load having a 10-ohm impedance?
14. What is meant by flat-topping of a single-sideband phone transmission?
15. How is an LED biased when emitting light?
16. How does an S meter reading of 20 dB over S-9 compare to an S-9 signal, assuming a properly calibrated S meter?
17. In what ITU region is operation in the 7.175 to 7.300 MHz band permitted for a control operator holding an FCC-issued General Class license?
18. What is the total resistance of a 10 ohm, a 20 ohm, and a 50 ohm resistor in parallel?
19. How does the feed-point impedance of a 1/2 wave dipole change as the feed-point location is moved from the center toward the ends?
20. What is the approximate junction threshold voltage of a conventional silicon diode?
21. What is the name of the process by which sunlight is changed directly into electricity?
22. When may music be transmitted by an amateur station?
23. What is the maximum symbol rate permitted for RTTY or data emission transmission on the 20 meter band?
24. Why is long distance communication on the 40, 60, 80 and 160 meter bands more difficult during the day?
25. What causes HF propagation conditions to vary periodically in a 28-day cycle?
26. What should you do if a CW station sends "QRS"?
27. How long is a Certificate of Successful Completion of Examination (CSCE) valid for exam element credit?
28. Which of the following frequencies is in the General Class portion of the 40 meter band?
29. What segment of the 80 meter band is most commonly used for data transmissions?
30. What is the RMS voltage of a sine wave with a value of 17 volts peak?
31. How does a capacitor react to AC?
32. What is an advantage of using a ferrite core toroidal inductor?
33. Which of the following is an advantage of a receiver Digital Signal Processor IF filter as compared to an analog filter?
34. Which of the following is a disadvantage of multiband antennas?
35. What is the "DX window" in a voluntary band plan?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).
Log in to set preferences.