1. How is Digital Signal Processor filtering accomplished?
2. What happens to HF propagation when the Lowest Usable Frequency (LUF) exceeds the Maximum Usable Frequency (MUF)?
3. What is the customary minimum frequency separation between SSB signals under normal conditions?
4. What portion of the AC cycle is converted to DC by a full-wave rectifier?
5. When might a lead acid storage battery give off explosive hydrogen gas?
6. What item of test equipment contains horizontal and vertical channel amplifiers?
7. What does the number 31 represent in PSK31?
8. Which of the following is an advantage of an electrolytic capacitor?
9. What happens to the RF carrier signal when a modulating audio signal is applied to an FM transmitter?
10. Which value of an AC signal results in the same power dissipation as a DC voltage of the same value?
11. Which of the following is a requirement for a non-licensed person to communicate with a foreign Amateur Radio station from a station with an FCC granted license at which a licensed control operator is present?
12. How close to the upper edge of the 20 meter General Class band should your displayed carrier frequency be when using 3 kHz wide USB?
13. Why is impedance matching important?
14. How long does it take charged particles from coronal mass ejections to affect radio-wave propagation on the Earth?
15. Which of the following factors determine the characteristic impedance of a parallel conductor antenna feed line?
16. What segment of the 20 meter band is most often used for data transmissions?
17. Which HF antenna would be the best to use for minimizing interference?
18. What is the minimum age that one must be to qualify as an accredited Volunteer Examiner?
19. What is the RMS voltage across a 500-turn secondary winding in a transformer if the 2250-turn primary is connected to 120 VAC?
20. Which mode is most commonly used for voice communications on the 17 and 12 meter bands?
21. What does it mean when a CW operator sends "KN" at the end of a transmission?
22. What is a purpose of using Automatic Level Control (ALC) with a RF power amplifier?
23. Which of the following connectors would be a good choice for a serial data port?
24. What is the maximum transmitting power an amateur station may use on the 12 meter band?
25. What is one way that RF energy can affect human body tissue?
26. What is the power limit for beacon stations?
27. What does the term "NVIS" mean as related to antennas?
28. What are the stable operating points for a bipolar transistor used as a switch in a logic circuit?
29. On which of the following bands is phone operation prohibited?
30. Which of the following most limits the effectiveness of an HF mobile transceiver operating in the 75 meter band?
31. What is a characteristic of HF scatter signals?
32. How does the feed-point impedance of a 1/2 wave dipole antenna change as the antenna is lowered from 1/4 wave above ground?
33. Which statement about a three-element, single-band Yagi antenna is true?
34. What sound is heard from an audio device or telephone if there is interference from a nearby single-sideband phone transmitter?
35. Which of the following describes the function of a two input AND gate?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).
Log in to set preferences.