1. How are radio communications usually affected by the charged particles that reach the Earth from solar coronal holes?
2. What language must you use when identifying your station if you are using a language other than English in making a contact using phone emission?
3. Which of the following is a requirement for administering a Technician Class operator examination?
4. What is one disadvantage of a directly fed random-wire antenna?
5. Which statement about a three-element, single-band Yagi antenna is true?
6. Which of these classes of amplifiers has the highest efficiency?
7. Which of the following is an advantage of an NVIS antenna?
8. How many data bits are sent in a single PSK31 character?
9. Which of the following is an analog integrated circuit?
10. Which of the following is a use for the IF shift control on a receiver?
11. How is a directional antenna pointed when making a "long-path" contact with another station?
12. What signals are used to conduct a two-tone test?
13. Which symbol in Figure G7-1 represents a multiple-winding transformer?
14. When may the FCC restrict normal frequency operations of amateur stations participating in RACES?
15. What emission is produced by a reactance modulator connected to an RF power amplifier?
16. What is the maximum transmitting power an amateur station may use on the 12 meter band?
17. Which of the following is one use for a Digital Signal Processor in an amateur station?
18. Which of the following describes full break-in telegraphy (QSK)?
19. A two-times increase or decrease in power results in a change of how many dB?
20. Which of the following is a good indicator of the possibility of sky-wave propagation on the 6 meter band?
21. Which of the following must be true before amateur stations may provide communications to broadcasters for dissemination to the public?
22. What is the inductance of three 10 millihenry inductors connected in parallel?
23. Why should soldered joints not be used with the wires that connect the base of a tower to a system of ground rods?
24. What precaution should be taken when installing a ground-mounted antenna?
25. What is the characteristic impedance of flat ribbon TV type twinlead?
26. On which of the following bands is phone operation prohibited?
27. Which mode of voice communication is most commonly used on the high frequency amateur bands?
28. What type of radio wave propagation allows a signal to be detected at a distance too far for ground wave propagation but too near for normal sky-wave propagation?
29. What does an S meter measure?
30. Which of the following most limits the effectiveness of an HF mobile transceiver operating in the 75 meter band?
31. Which of the following is an advantage of using a Schottky diode in an RF switching circuit as compared to a standard silicon diode?
32. What will happen to the resistance if the temperature of a resistor is increased?
33. Which of the following causes opposition to the flow of alternating current in a capacitor?
34. Which of the following is used to process signals from the balanced modulator and send them to the mixer in a single-sideband phone transmitter?
35. What is the name of the stage in a VHF FM transmitter that generates a harmonic of a lower frequency signal to reach the desired operating frequency?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).
Log in to set preferences.