1. If a receiver mixes a 13.800 MHz VFO with a 14.255 MHz received signal to produce a 455 kHz intermediate frequency (IF) signal, what type of interference will a 13.345 MHz signal produce in the receiver?
2. What is the maximum symbol rate permitted for RTTY or data emission transmissions on the 10 meter band?
3. What does "time averaging" mean in reference to RF radiation exposure?
4. Which of the following antenna types will be most effective for skip communications on 40 meters during the day?
5. Which of the following direct, fused power connections would be the best for a 100-watt HF mobile installation?
6. What safety feature does a power-supply bleeder resistor provide?
7. Which mode of voice communication is most commonly used on the high frequency amateur bands?
8. What is a practical way to avoid harmful interference when selecting a frequency to call CQ on CW or phone?
9. What effect does a Sudden Ionospheric Disturbance have on the daytime ionospheric propagation of HF radio waves?
10. Which of the following might be a use for a field strength meter?
11. What is an effect of inter-turn capacitance in an inductor?
12. Which of the following is needed for a Digital Signal Processor IF filter?
13. In what segment of the 20 meter band are most PSK31 operations commonly found?
14. What is the approximate length for a 1/2-wave dipole antenna cut for 14.250 MHz?
15. What is the turns ratio of a transformer used to match an audio amplifier having a 600-ohm output impedance to a speaker having a 4-ohm impedance?
16. What is a type SMA connector?
17. How does a capacitor react to AC?
18. What would be the SWR if you feed a vertical antenna that has a 25-ohm feed-point impedance with 50-ohm coaxial cable?
19. What is the primary purpose of a screen grid in a vacuum tube?
20. What control is typically adjusted for proper ALC setting on an amateur single sideband transceiver?
21. When is an amateur station permitted to transmit secret codes?
22. Which of the following would disqualify a third party from participating in stating a message over an amateur station?
23. Which of the following is a characteristic of a Class A amplifier?
24. What is the purpose of a transmitter power supply interlock?
25. Approximately how long is each side of a quad antenna driven element?
26. What is the output PEP of an unmodulated carrier if an average reading wattmeter connected to the transmitter output indicates 1060 watts?
27. Which of the following is a use for the IF shift control on a receiver?
28. What is the appropriate action if, when operating on either the 30 or 60 meter bands, a station in the primary service interferes with your contact?
29. Which of the following is sufficient for you to be an administering VE for a Technician Class operator license examination?
30. When is it permissible to communicate with amateur stations in countries outside the areas administered by the Federal Communications Commission?
31. Which of the following describes how a speech processor affects a transmitted single sideband phone signal?
32. Which of the following describes a Beverage antenna?
33. What should you do if a CW station sends "QRS"?
34. What is a reliable way to determine if the Maximum Usable Frequency (MUF) is high enough to support skip propagation between your station and a distant location on frequencies between 14 and 30 MHz?
35. What is one good way to avoid unwanted effects of stray RF energy in an amateur station?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).
Log in to set preferences.