1. What usually occurs if a Yagi antenna is designed solely for maximum forward gain?
2. What is the power factor of an R-L circuit having a 60 degree phase angle between the voltage and the current?
3. Why are optoisolators often used in conjunction with solid state circuits when switching 120 VAC?
4. How does the spread-spectrum technique of frequency hopping work?
5. What is one advantage of using JT-65 coding?
6. Where are the questions for all written US amateur license examinations listed?
7. What type of coordinate system is used in a Smith chart?
8. What is digital time division multiplexing?
9. How long does it take for an initial charge of 800 V DC to decrease to 294 V DC in a 450-microfarad capacitor when a 1-megohm resistor is connected across it?
10. Which amateur stations are eligible to be telecommand stations?
11. What logical operation does a NAND gate perform?
12. Which is NOT true of a charge-coupled device (CCD)?
13. On what band would a satellite receive signals if it were operating in mode U/V?
14. At what time of day is gray-line propagation most likely to occur?
15. Which of the following is a type of capacitor best suited for use in high-stability op-amp RC active filter circuits?
16. What special type of diode is capable of both amplification and oscillation?
17. Which of these matching systems is an effective method of connecting a 50-ohm coaxial cable feed line to a grounded tower so it can be used as a vertical antenna?
18. How is power-supply voltage normally furnished to the most common type of monolithic microwave integrated circuit (MMIC)?
19. What is the highest modulation index permitted at the highest modulation frequency for angle modulation?
20. What type of digital signal processing filter might be used to generate an SSB signal?
21. What authorization or licensing is required when operating an amateur station aboard a US-registered vessel in international waters?
22. What is an advantage of using a bridge circuit to measure impedance?
23. What is the magnitude of the current at the input of a series RLC circuit as the frequency goes through resonance?
24. What would be the most accurate way of measuring the RMS voltage of a complex waveform?
25. What is a disadvantage of using a multiband trapped antenna?
26. On which of the following frequencies might a signal be transmitting which is generating a spurious image signal in a receiver tuned to 14.300 MHz and which uses a 455 kHz IF frequency?
27. Which of the following amplifier types reduces or eliminates even-order harmonics?
28. What device is typically used as a stable reference voltage in a linear voltage regulator?
29. Why are there separate electric (E) and magnetic (H) field MPE limits?
30. What is an advantage of using a shielded loop antenna for direction finding?
31. Why is the physical length of a coaxial cable transmission line shorter than its electrical length?
32. What is the capture range of a phase-locked loop circuit?
33. When may an automatically controlled station originate third party communications?
34. Which of the following is the video standard used by North American Fast Scan ATV stations?
35. Which of the following techniques is normally used by low Earth orbiting digital satellites to relay messages around the world?
36. What is meant by circularly polarized electromagnetic waves?
37. What is the front-to-back ratio of the radiation pattern shown in Figure E9-2?
38. Which point on Figure E5-2 best represents the impedance of a series circuit consisting of a 300-ohm resistor, a 0.64-microhenry inductor and an 85-picofarad capacitor at 24.900 MHz?
39. Why does the radio-path horizon distance exceed the geometric horizon?
40. What frequency range would you normally tune to find EME signals in the 2 meter band?
41. What are the principal frequencies that appear at the output of a mixer circuit?
42. Which of the following describes tri-state logic?
43. How is Forward Error Correction implemented?
44. How much gain does an antenna have compared to a 1/2-wavelength dipole when it has 12 dB gain over an isotropic antenna?
45. What is the purpose of a frequency counter?
46. What might be the cause of a loud roaring or buzzing AC line interference that comes and goes at intervals?
47. In Figure E6-2, what is the schematic symbol for a P-channel junction FET?
48. Which of the following describes a good method for measuring the intermodulation distortion of your own PSK signal?
49. Under what circumstances may a dealer sell an external RF power amplifier capable of operation below 144 MHz if it has not been granted FCC certification?
50. What is the term for unwanted signals generated by the mixing of two or more signals?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).
Log in to set preferences.