1. What is one reason for using ferrite toroids rather than powdered-iron toroids in an inductor?
2. What is the maximum bandwidth for a data emission on 60 meters?
3. Why are optoisolators often used in conjunction with solid state circuits when switching 120 VAC?
4. What frequency range would you normally tune to find EME signals in the 2 meter band?
5. Which of the following is a way to reduce the likelihood of receiver desensitization?
6. What type of frequency synthesizer circuit uses a phase accumulator, lookup table, digital to analog converter and a low-pass anti-alias filter?
7. Which of the following is a desirable amount of selectivity for an amateur SSB phone receiver?
8. By how much does the VHF/UHF radio-path horizon distance exceed the geometric horizon?
9. Which amateur service HF bands have frequencies authorized to space stations?
10. To which of the following examinees may a VE not administer an examination?
11. Why is it desirable for a ground-mounted satellite communications antenna system to be able to move in both azimuth and elevation?
12. Which of these instruments could be used for detailed analysis of digital signals?
13. How can the approximate beamwidth in a given plane of a directional antenna be determined?
14. What is an advantage of a period-measuring frequency counter over a direct-count type?
15. What is the most useful characteristic of a Zener diode?
16. In polar coordinates, what is the impedance of a circuit that has an admittance of 7.09 millisiemens at 45 degrees?
17. Which of the following HF digital modes can be used to transfer binary files?
18. What is a folded dipole antenna?
19. What are the majority charge carriers in P-type semiconductor material?
20. When using a transceiver that displays the carrier frequency of phone signals, which of the following displayed frequencies represents the lowest frequency at which a properly adjusted LSB emission will be totally within the band?
21. Which of the following determines the velocity factor of a transmission line?
22. What unit measures electrical energy stored in an electrostatic field?
23. In Figure E6-5, what is the schematic symbol for an OR gate?
24. When several electrolytic filter capacitors are connected in series to increase the operating voltage of a power supply filter circuit, why should resistors be connected across each capacitor?
25. What is a klystron?
26. What is the cause of gray-line propagation?
27. What is a JK flip-flop?
28. What is a common characteristic of interference caused by a touch controlled electrical device?
29. What is the magnitude of the circulating current within the components of a parallel LC circuit at resonance?
30. What is the term for the ratio between the frequency deviation of an RF carrier wave, and the modulating frequency of its corresponding FM-phone signal?
31. What is the function of the Vertical Interval Signaling (VIS) code transmitted as part of an SSTV transmission?
32. From which of the following bands is amateur radio contesting generally excluded?
33. What is the typical input impedance of an integrated circuit op-amp?
34. What is the main drawback of a wire-loop antenna for direction finding?
35. What spread-spectrum communications technique alters the center frequency of a conventional carrier many times per second in accordance with a pseudo-random list of channels?
36. Why should effective radiated power to a satellite which uses a linear transponder be limited?
37. What type of wave is made up of a sine wave plus all of its odd harmonics?
38. Which of these choices is an effective way to match an antenna with a 100-ohm feed point impedance to a 50-ohm coaxial cable feed line?
39. How does a diode detector function?
40. Which of the following describes a Pi-L network used for matching a vacuum-tube final amplifier to a 50-ohm unbalanced output?
41. When may an automatically controlled station originate third party communications?
42. What material found in some electronic components such as high-voltage capacitors and transformers is considered toxic?
43. What is the National Radio Quiet Zone?
44. What type of coordinate system is used in a Smith chart?
45. What is the radiation pattern of two 1/4-wavelength vertical antennas spaced 1/4-wavelength apart and fed 90 degrees out of phase?
46. What is an advantage of using a bridge circuit to measure impedance?
47. What is the relationship between the current through a capacitor and the voltage across a capacitor?
48. What is a crystal lattice filter?
49. What is the definition of baud?
50. What is an electromagnetic wave?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).
Log in to set preferences.