1. Which of the following portions of a receiver can be effective in eliminating image signal interference?
2. What is the term for the time required for the capacitor in an RC circuit to be charged to 63.2% of the applied voltage?
3. How many elevation lobes appear in the forward direction of the antenna radiation pattern shown in Figure E9-2?
4. How many horizontal lines make up a fast-scan (NTSC) television frame?
5. What is the direction of an ascending pass for an amateur satellite?
6. What type of signal is picked up by electrical wiring near a radio antenna?
7. What is the permitted mean power of any spurious emission relative to the mean power of the fundamental emission from a station transmitter or external RF amplifier installed after January 1, 2003, and transmitting on a frequency below 30 MHZ?
8. What is the effect of ringing in a filter?
9. What types of amateur stations may automatically retransmit the radio signals of other amateur stations?
10. Under clear communications conditions, which of these digital communications modes has the fastest data throughput?
11. What is a common use for point contact diodes?
12. For which types of out-of-pocket expenses do the Part 97 rules state that VEs and VECs may be reimbursed?
13. In Figure E6-1, what is the schematic symbol for a PNP transistor?
14. Which of the following tests establishes that a silicon NPN junction transistor is biased on?
15. What happens to the conductivity of a photoconductive material when light shines on it?
16. In polar coordinates, what is the impedance of a series circuit consisting of a resistance of 4 ohms, an inductive reactance of 4 ohms, and a capacitive reactance of 1 ohm?
17. Which of the following is a good technique for making meteor-scatter contacts?
18. What is the half-power bandwidth of a parallel resonant circuit that has a resonant frequency of 14.25 MHz and a Q of 187?
19. How does an impedance-matching circuit transform a complex impedance to a resistive impedance?
20. Which of the following may reduce or eliminate intermodulation interference in a repeater caused by another transmitter operating in close proximity?
21. How is the compensation of an oscilloscope probe typically adjusted?
22. Which of the following would be used to reduce a signal's frequency by a factor of ten?
23. In Figure E6-5, what is the schematic symbol for the NOT operation (inverter)?
24. What is the approximate feed point impedance at the center of a two-wire folded dipole antenna?
25. What term describes station output, including the transmitter, antenna and everything in between, when considering transmitter power and system gains and losses?
26. What is the function of a reactance modulator?
27. What core material property determines the inductance of a toroidal inductor?
28. What is the name of the high-angle wave in HF propagation that travels for some distance within the F2 region?
29. How can an RF power amplifier be neutralized?
30. Which of the following factors may affect the feed point impedance of an antenna?
31. What is one use for a pulse modulated signal?
32. What is the only amateur band where transmission on specific channels rather than a range of frequencies is permitted?
33. What is the purpose of C1 in the circuit shown in Figure E7-3?
34. Which of the following types of amateur station communications are prohibited?
35. How is power-supply voltage normally furnished to the most common type of monolithic microwave integrated circuit (MMIC)?
36. How does the total amount of radiation emitted by a directional gain antenna compare with the total amount of radiation emitted from an isotropic antenna, assuming each is driven by the same amount of power?
37. What is the purpose of a Wilkinson divider?
38. What is an electromagnetic wave?
39. Which of the following can divide the frequency of a pulse train by 2?
40. What do the arcs on a Smith chart represent?
41. Which of the following could account for hearing an echo on the received signal of a distant station?
42. Which of the following special provisions must a space station incorporate in order to comply with space station requirements?
43. Which insulating material commonly used as a thermal conductor for some types of electronic devices is extremely toxic if broken or crushed and the particles are accidentally inhaled?
44. What is the velocity factor of a transmission line?
45. During a VHF/UHF contest, in which band segment would you expect to find the highest level of activity?
46. What is the advantage of including a parity bit with an ASCII character stream?
47. What condition must exist for a circuit to oscillate?
48. What is the modulation index of an FM-phone signal having a maximum frequency deviation of 3000 Hz either side of the carrier frequency, when the modulating frequency is 1000 Hz?
49. What is the typical bandwidth of a properly modulated MFSK16 signal?
50. What is the power factor of an RL circuit having a 45 degree phase angle between the voltage and the current?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).
Log in to set preferences.