1. Which type of digital communication does not support keyboard-to-keyboard operation?
2. How does an analog phase modulator function?
3. What is the term for the ratio between the frequency deviation of an RF carrier wave, and the modulating frequency of its corresponding FM-phone signal?
4. Which of the following describes tri-state logic?
5. Which amateur bands typically support long-path propagation?
6. Which of the following is good practice when using an oscilloscope probe?
7. What type of antenna can be used to minimize the effects of spin modulation and Faraday rotation?
8. What is an Earth station in the amateur satellite service?
9. What is the function of a loading coil as used with an HF mobile antenna?
10. For which types of out-of-pocket expenses do the Part 97 rules state that VEs and VECs may be reimbursed?
11. Which of the following is a likely result when a Class C amplifier is used to amplify a single-sideband phone signal?
12. What is the purpose of D1 in the circuit shown in Figure E7-3?
13. Which of the following can be calculated using a Smith chart?
14. How is positive feedback supplied in a Colpitts oscillator?
15. What material found in some electronic components such as high-voltage capacitors and transformers is considered toxic?
16. Which of the following types of packet frames is used to transmit APRS beacon data?
17. What is one reason for using ferrite toroids rather than powdered-iron toroids in an inductor?
18. What is an advantage of using digital signals instead of analog signals to convey the same information?
19. What is the phase angle between the voltage across and the current through a series RLC circuit if XC is 500 ohms, R is 1 kilohm, and XL is 250 ohms?
20. When using a transceiver that displays the carrier frequency of phone signals, which of the following displayed frequencies represents the lowest frequency at which a properly adjusted LSB emission will be totally within the band?
21. What term describes station output, including the transmitter, antenna and everything in between, when considering transmitter power and system gains and losses?
22. What is the efficiency of a photovoltaic cell?
23. Which of the following is a desirable amount of selectivity for an amateur RTTY HF receiver?
24. What is the approximate physical length of an air-insulated, parallel conductor transmission line that is electrically one-half wavelength long at 14.10 MHz?
25. Which of the following is the common name for a filter network which is equivalent to two L networks connected back-to-back with the inductors in series and the capacitors in shunt at the input and output?
26. What is the radiation pattern of two 1/4-wavelength vertical antennas spaced 1/2-wavelength apart and fed 180 degrees out of phase?
27. What is a truth table?
28. What is the magnitude of the current at the input of a series RLC circuit as the frequency goes through resonance?
29. What type of information can be obtained by submitting the details of a proposed new antenna to a modeling program?
30. Which of the following is a typical value for the RMS voltage at a standard U.S. household electrical power outlet?
31. Which of the following instruments would be best for measuring the SWR of a beam antenna?
32. How many watts are consumed in a circuit having a power factor of 0.6 if the input is 200V AC at 5 amperes?
33. How can unwanted ringing and audio instability be prevented in a multi-section op-amp RC audio filter circuit?
34. What characterizes libration fading of an Earth-Moon-Earth signal?
35. What is meant by the blocking dynamic range of a receiver?
36. What is the National Radio Quiet Zone?
37. Which of the following must be done to insure that a crystal oscillator provides the frequency specified by the crystal manufacturer?
38. How can noise from an electric motor be suppressed?
39. What is included in the total resistance of an antenna system?
40. What is the beta of a bipolar junction transistor?
41. Which of the following would be used to reduce a signal's frequency by a factor of ten?
42. What is the Cabrillo format?
43. By how much does the VHF/UHF radio-path horizon distance exceed the geometric horizon?
44. Which amateur stations may be operated in RACES?
45. What technique is used to minimize the bandwidth requirements of a PSK31 signal?
46. Which of these choices is an effective way to match an antenna with a 100-ohm feed point impedance to a 50-ohm coaxial cable feed line?
47. In polar coordinates, what is the impedance of a network consisting of a 400-ohm-reactance inductor in parallel with a 300-ohm resistor?
48. On which of the following frequencies is one likely to find FM ATV transmissions?
49. What is meant by local control?
50. What special type of diode is capable of both amplification and oscillation?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).
Log in to set preferences.