1. Why might a DX station state that they are listening on another frequency?
2. Which VHF amateur service bands have frequencies available for space stations?
3. What is the approximate physical length of a solid polyethylene dielectric coaxial transmission line that is electrically one-quarter wavelength long at 14.1 MHz?
4. How is positive feedback supplied in a Colpitts oscillator?
5. What is the triangulation method of direction finding?
6. What is the effect of ringing in a filter?
7. What parameter does the modulating signal vary in a pulse-position modulation system?
8. What is the radiation pattern of two 1/4-wavelength vertical antennas spaced 1/4-wavelength apart and fed 90 degrees out of phase?
9. What is the failure mechanism when a junction diode fails due to excessive current?
10. How might lowering the noise figure affect receiver performance?
11. What may be the penalty for a VE who fraudulently administers or certifies an examination?
12. What alternate method of determining frequency, other than by directly counting input pulses, is used by some counters?
13. What authorization or licensing is required when operating an amateur station aboard a US-registered vessel in international waters?
14. Which of the following data are used by the APRS network to communicate your location?
15. How do the control operator responsibilities of a station under automatic control differ from one under local control?
16. In Figure E6-2, what is the schematic symbol for an N-channel dual-gate MOSFET?
17. Which of the following could account for hearing an echo on the received signal of a distant station?
18. Which type of modulation is common for data emissions below 30 MHz?
19. When scheduling EME contacts, which of these conditions will generally result in the least path loss?
20. Which of the following injuries can result from using high-power UHF or microwave transmitters?
21. Which of the following is a characteristic of a good DC voltmeter?
22. Which of the following operating arrangements allows an FCC-licensed US citizen to operate in many European countries, and alien amateurs from many European countries to operate in the US?
23. What is the photovoltaic effect?
24. What type of antenna can be used to minimize the effects of spin modulation and Faraday rotation?
25. What usually occurs if a Yagi antenna is designed solely for maximum forward gain?
26. What might be the cause of a loud roaring or buzzing AC line interference that comes and goes at intervals?
27. Which of the following types of linear voltage regulator usually make the most efficient use of the primary power source?
28. What is a frequency discriminator stage in a FM receiver?
29. What is the phase angle between the voltage across and the current through a series RLC circuit if XC is 25 ohms, R is 100 ohms, and XL is 50 ohms?
30. What spread-spectrum communications technique uses a high speed binary bit stream to shift the phase of an RF carrier?
31. What is the usable frequency range of inductors that use toroidal cores, assuming a correct selection of core material for the frequency being used?
32. In polar coordinates, what is the impedance of a network consisting of a 100-ohm-reactance inductor in series with a 100-ohm resistor?
33. What type of digital signal processing filter might be used to generate an SSB signal?
34. What is the cause of Aurora activity?
35. What is the magnitude of the circulating current within the components of a parallel LC circuit at resonance?
36. What signals SSTV receiving equipment to begin a new picture line?
37. What happens to the bandwidth of an antenna as it is shortened through the use of loading coils?
38. How much power is consumed in a circuit consisting of a 100 ohm resistor in series with a 100 ohm inductive reactance drawing 1 ampere?
39. Which of the following is an advantage of BiCMOS logic?
40. Which of the following tests establishes that a silicon NPN junction transistor is biased on?
41. Which of the following additional rules apply if you are installing an amateur station antenna at a site at or near a public use airport?
42. What is a Class D amplifier?
43. What is the name for logic which represents a logic "0" as a high voltage?
44. How must the driven element in a 3-element Yagi be tuned to use a hairpin matching system?
45. On the Smith chart shown in Figure E9-3, what is the only straight line shown?
46. What is the most common input and output impedance of circuits that use MMICs?
47. What type of wave is made up of sine waves of a given fundamental frequency plus all its harmonics?
48. What is meant by the radiation resistance of an antenna?
49. What is meant by circularly polarized electromagnetic waves?
50. What is meant by the blocking dynamic range of a receiver?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).
Log in to set preferences.