1. Which of the following measurements is characteristic of a mismatched transmission line?
2. Which of the following signals might a receiver noise blanker be able to remove from desired signals?
3. What is meant by the term baseband in radio communications?
4. Which of the following could be determined with a spectrum analyzer?
5. In Figure E7-2, what is the purpose of R?
6. From which of the following bands is amateur radio contesting generally excluded?
7. What is the name for logic which represents a logic "0" as a high voltage?
8. Which of the following is a characteristic of a good DC voltmeter?
9. What is the minimum passing score on amateur operator license examinations?
10. What is a disadvantage of decreasing the number of wire segments in an antenna model below the guideline of 10 segments per half-wavelength?
11. What is a folded dipole antenna?
12. What characteristic of a PIN diode makes it useful as an RF switch or attenuator?
13. Which of the following constitutes a spurious emission?
14. What logic state do the inputs of a TTL device assume if they are left open?
15. What happens to the bandwidth of an antenna as it is shortened through the use of loading coils?
16. What is the effective radiated power relative to a dipole of a repeater station with 150 watts transmitter power output, 2-dB feed line loss, 2.2-dB duplexer loss and 7-dBd antenna gain?
17. Which of the following would be used to reduce a signal's frequency by a factor of ten?
18. What is the maximum transmitter power for an amateur station transmitting spread spectrum communications?
19. What is the main effect of placing a vertical antenna over an imperfect ground?
20. What is reactive power?
21. What, if any, are the differences between the radiation produced by radioactive materials and the electromagnetic energy radiated by an antenna?
22. What is the approximate physical length of a solid polyethylene dielectric coaxial transmission line that is electrically one-quarter wavelength long at 7.2 MHz?
23. What is the necessary bandwidth of a 13-WPM international Morse code transmission?
24. How does ARQ accomplish error correction?
25. Which of the following is a typical value for the peak voltage at a standard U.S. household electrical outlet?
26. What frequency range would you normally tune to find EME signals in the 70 cm band?
27. Which point on Figure E5-2 best represents the impedance of a series circuit consisting of a 300-ohm resistor, a 0.64-microhenry inductor and an 85-picofarad capacitor at 24.900 MHz?
28. What determines the PEP-to-average power ratio of a single-sideband phone signal?
29. What absolute voltage gain can be expected from the circuit in Figure E7-4 when R1 is 1800 ohms and RF is 68 kilohms?
30. What is one characteristic of a switching electronic voltage regulator?
31. Why are third-order intermodulation products created within a receiver of particular interest compared to other products?
32. Which amateur service HF bands have frequencies authorized to space stations?
33. Which of the following describes the rules for operation on the 60 meter band?
34. On what band would a satellite receive signals if it were operating in mode U/V?
35. What absorbs the energy from light falling on a photovoltaic cell?
36. What can cause the voltage across reactances in series to be larger than the voltage applied to them?
37. What is the deviation ratio of an FM-phone signal having a maximum frequency swing of plus or minus 7.5 kHz when the maximum modulation frequency is 3.5 kHz?
38. Which of the following is true of a charge-coupled device (CCD)?
39. Which of the following data are used by the APRS network to communicate your location?
40. How is positive feedback supplied in a Pierce oscillator?
41. Which of the following is an advantage of using vestigial sideband for standard fast- scan TV transmissions?
42. At what time of day is gray-line propagation most likely to occur?
43. What advantage does a Pi-L-network have over a Pi-network for impedance matching between the final amplifier of a vacuum-tube transmitter and an antenna?
44. In Figure E6-2, what is the schematic symbol for a P-channel junction FET?
45. How does the radiation pattern of a horizontally polarized 3-element beam antenna vary with its height above ground?
46. What characteristics of the MMIC make it a popular choice for VHF through microwave circuits?
47. On the Smith chart shown in Figure E9-3, what is the only straight line shown?
48. What types of amateur stations may automatically retransmit the radio signals of other amateur stations?
49. What is the term for the blocking of one FM phone signal by another, stronger FM phone signal?
50. How long does it take for an initial charge of 20 V DC to decrease to 7.36 V DC in a 0.01-microfarad capacitor when a 2-megohm resistor is connected across it?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).
Log in to set preferences.