1. What is the definition of baud?
2. Who is responsible for the proper conduct and necessary supervision during an amateur operator license examination session?
3. What is the deviation ratio of an FM-phone signal having a maximum frequency swing of plus or minus 7.5 kHz when the maximum modulation frequency is 3.5 kHz?
4. What is a magnetron oscillator?
5. What is the term for the ratio of the actual speed at which a signal travels through a transmission line to the speed of light in a vacuum?
6. What is the significance of voltmeter sensitivity expressed in ohms per volt?
7. What is an effect of excessive phase noise in the local oscillator section of a receiver?
8. Who may be the control operator of an auxiliary station?
9. What are some of the differences between the Baudot digital code and ASCII?
10. What is the phase angle between the voltage across and the current through a series RLC circuit if XC is 25 ohms, R is 100 ohms, and XL is 50 ohms?
11. What is one characteristic of a switching electronic voltage regulator?
12. Which of the following measurements is characteristic of a mismatched transmission line?
13. What primarily determines the gain and frequency characteristics of an op-amp RC active filter?
14. Which of the following is a technique for providing high stability oscillators needed for microwave transmission and reception?
15. What device is used to store electrical energy in an electrostatic field?
16. In polar coordinates, what is the impedance of a network consisting of a 300-ohm-reactance capacitor, a 600-ohm-reactance inductor, and a 400-ohm resistor, all connected in series?
17. How is an interlaced scanning pattern generated in a fast-scan (NTSC) television system?
18. What is the most common input and output impedance of circuits that use MMICs?
19. What is a remotely controlled station?
20. What is the first action you should take if your digital message forwarding station inadvertently forwards a communication that violates FCC rules?
21. What is indicated when one of the ellipses in an FSK crossed-ellipse display suddenly disappears?
22. During a VHF/UHF contest, in which band segment would you expect to find the highest level of activity?
23. Which of the following injuries can result from using high-power UHF or microwave transmitters?
24. Why do CMOS digital integrated circuits have high immunity to noise on the input signal or power supply?
25. What frequencies are authorized to an amateur station participating in RACES?
26. How does the performance of a horizontally polarized antenna mounted on the side of a hill compare with the same antenna mounted on flat ground?
27. How is the far-field elevation pattern of a vertically polarized antenna affected by being mounted over seawater versus rocky ground?
28. Which of the following factors determines ground losses for a ground-mounted vertical antenna operating in the 3-30 MHz range?
29. What are the names of the three terminals of a field-effect transistor?
30. When a meteor strikes the Earth's atmosphere, a cylindrical region of free electrons is formed at what layer of the ionosphere?
31. What can be done to prevent unwanted oscillations in an RF power amplifier?
32. How many output level changes are obtained for every two trigger pulses applied to the input of a T flip-flop circuit?
33. Which of the following describes a common means of generating an SSB signal when using digital signal processing?
34. What type of propagation is probably occurring if an HF beam antenna must be pointed in a direction 180 degrees away from a station to receive the strongest signals?
35. How can the output voltage of a multi-turn receiving loop antenna be increased?
36. What is the principle of a Method of Moments analysis?
37. What is the average power dissipated by a 50-ohm resistive load during one complete RF cycle having a peak voltage of 35 volts?
38. What undesirable effect can occur when using an IF noise blanker?
39. What does a third-order intercept level of 40 dBm mean with respect to receiver performance?
40. What is a common use for point contact diodes?
41. What happens to feed point impedance at the base of a fixed-length HF mobile antenna as the frequency of operation is lowered?
42. What advantage does a Pi-L-network have over a Pi-network for impedance matching between the final amplifier of a vacuum-tube transmitter and an antenna?
43. Which of these instruments could be used for detailed analysis of digital signals?
44. What absorbs the energy from light falling on a photovoltaic cell?
45. Which amateur stations are eligible to be telecommand stations?
46. What is cathode ray tube (CRT) persistence?
47. What type of chart is shown in Figure E9-3?
48. What is resonance in an electrical circuit?
49. Why should effective radiated power to a satellite which uses a linear transponder be limited?
50. What type of wave has a rise time significantly faster than its fall time (or vice versa)?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).
Log in to set preferences.