1. How many turns will be required to produce a 5-microhenry inductor using a powdered-iron toroidal core that has an inductance index (A L) value of 40 microhenrys/100 turns?
2. Under clear communications conditions, which of these digital communications modes has the fastest data throughput?
3. How much gain does a 1/2-wavelength dipole in free space have compared to an isotropic antenna?
4. What does a value of -174 dBm/Hz represent with regard to the noise floor of a receiver?
5. What term describes station output, including the transmitter, antenna and everything in between, when considering transmitter power and system gains and losses?
6. What is the maximum permissible duration of a remotely controlled station's transmissions if its control link malfunctions?
7. How can the true power be determined in an AC circuit where the voltage and current are out of phase?
8. What do the arcs on a Smith chart represent?
9. On which of the following frequencies is one likely to find FM ATV transmissions?
10. What type of semiconductor device is designed for use as a voltage-controlled capacitor?
11. What is a phase-locked loop circuit?
12. What is the typical velocity factor for a coaxial cable with solid polyethylene dielectric?
13. How can you determine if line noise interference is being generated within your home?
14. Which of the following describes selective fading?
15. Which of the following devices is generally best suited for UHF or microwave power amplifier applications?
16. In Figure E6-1, what is the schematic symbol for a PNP transistor?
17. What is the purpose of a "step-start" circuit in a high-voltage power supply?
18. In Figure E6-5, what is the schematic symbol for the NOT operation (inverter)?
19. During a VHF/UHF contest, in which band segment would you expect to find the highest level of activity?
20. What may occur when a directional antenna is operated at different frequencies within the band for which it was designed?
21. What is the time constant of a circuit having two 220-microfarad capacitors and two 1-megohm resistors, all in parallel?
22. What frequency range would you normally tune to find EME signals in the 2 meter band?
23. When evaluating RF exposure levels from your station at a neighbor's home, what must you do?
24. Which of the following describes gray-line propagation?
25. Which of the following best describes the Volunteer Examiner accreditation process?
26. Which of the following must be done to insure that a crystal oscillator provides the frequency specified by the crystal manufacturer?
27. What is the photovoltaic effect?
28. What determines the accuracy of a frequency counter?
29. Which of the following best describes one of the standards that must be met by an external RF power amplifier if it is to qualify for a grant of FCC certification?
30. What is one advantage of a Pi matching network over an L matching network consisting of a single inductor and a single capacitor?
31. Which of the following describes frequency division multiplexing?
32. What is the resonant frequency of a series RLC circuit if R is 56 ohms, L is 40 microhenrys and C is 200 picofarads?
33. What is a truth table?
34. What is the highest modulation index permitted at the highest modulation frequency for angle modulation?
35. How is the compensation of an oscilloscope probe typically adjusted?
36. Which amateur stations are eligible to operate as Earth stations?
37. Which point on Figure E5-2 best represents that impedance of a series circuit consisting of a 400 ohm resistor and a 38 picofarad capacitor at 14 MHz?
38. Which of the following tests establishes that a silicon NPN junction transistor is biased on?
39. What is the typical bandwidth of a properly modulated MFSK16 signal?
40. What type of satellite appears to stay in one position in the sky?
41. Which of the following types of detector is well suited for demodulating SSB signals?
42. What is an integrated circuit operational amplifier?
43. What is the peak voltage of a sinusoidal waveform if an RMS-reading voltmeter reads 34 volts?
44. What happens to feed point impedance at the base of a fixed-length HF mobile antenna as the frequency of operation is lowered?
45. What type of information can be conveyed using digital waveforms?
46. What is one advantage of using JT-65 coding?
47. Why are third-order intermodulation products created within a receiver of particular interest compared to other products?
48. What is the maximum power output permitted on the 60 meter band?
49. What type of antenna pattern over real ground is shown in Figure E9-2?
50. Which of these matching systems is an effective method of connecting a 50-ohm coaxial cable feed line to a grounded tower so it can be used as a vertical antenna?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).
Log in to set preferences.