1. When may an automatically controlled station originate third party communications?
2. What is the radiation pattern of two 1/4-wavelength vertical antennas spaced 1/4-wavelength apart and fed 90 degrees out of phase?
3. What is the period of a wave?
4. What is the capture range of a phase-locked loop circuit?
5. Which of the following test instruments is used to display spurious signals from a radio transmitter?
6. What, if any, are the differences between the radiation produced by radioactive materials and the electromagnetic energy radiated by an antenna?
7. What is the necessary bandwidth of a 170-hertz shift, 300-baud ASCII transmission?
8. What is a "Jones filter" as used as part of a HF receiver IF stage?
9. How is Forward Error Correction implemented?
10. What is the term for the time it takes for a charged capacitor in an RC circuit to discharge to 36.8% of its initial voltage?
11. Which amateur service HF bands have frequencies authorized to space stations?
12. What is the resonant frequency of a series RLC circuit if R is 22 ohms, L is 50 microhenrys and C is 40 picofarads?
13. How many horizontal lines make up a fast-scan (NTSC) television frame?
14. What is an advantage of using a bridge circuit to measure impedance?
15. Which emission mode is best for Aurora propagation?
16. How does DC input impedance at the gate of a field-effect transistor compare with the DC input impedance of a bipolar transistor?
17. What is the power factor of an RL circuit having a 45 degree phase angle between the voltage and the current?
18. What is a characteristic of a monostable multivibrator?
19. Which of the following portions of a receiver can be effective in eliminating image signal interference?
20. What kind of digital signal processing audio filter might be used to remove unwanted noise from a received SSB signal?
21. Where should a high-Q loading coil be placed to minimize losses in a shortened vertical antenna?
22. What is one purpose of a marker generator?
23. If the boom of a Yagi antenna is lengthened and the elements are properly retuned, what usually occurs?
24. Within what distance must an amateur station protect an FCC monitoring facility from harmful interference?
25. With your transceiver displaying the carrier frequency of phone signals, you hear a DX station calling CQ on 3.601 MHz LSB. Is it legal to return the call using lower sideband on the same frequency?
26. Which of the following digital modes is especially designed for use for meteor scatter signals?
27. How can the output voltage of a multi-turn receiving loop antenna be increased?
28. What is one characteristic of a switching electronic voltage regulator?
29. What must the VE team do if an examinee scores a passing grade on all examination elements needed for an upgrade or new license?
30. What term best describes the interactions at the load end of a mismatched transmission line?
31. What is meant by the blocking dynamic range of a receiver?
32. Which of the following factors determines ground losses for a ground-mounted vertical antenna operating in the 3-30 MHz range?
33. In Figure E6-5, what is the schematic symbol for an OR gate?
34. How does an analog phase modulator function?
35. Which of the following describes a type of semiconductor diode?
36. Which of the following is a characteristic of a grounded-grid amplifier?
37. What type of satellite appears to stay in one position in the sky?
38. What is the usable frequency range of inductors that use toroidal cores, assuming a correct selection of core material for the frequency being used?
39. Which of the following operating arrangements allows an FCC-licensed US citizen to operate in many European countries, and alien amateurs from many European countries to operate in the US?
40. What is the most common configuration of an optoisolator or optocoupler?
41. What is the term for the ratio of the actual speed at which a signal travels through a transmission line to the speed of light in a vacuum?
42. What is the Cabrillo format?
43. What is meant by the term op-amp input-offset voltage?
44. When using rectangular coordinates to graph the impedance of a circuit, what does the horizontal axis represent?
45. Which of the following types of receiver noise can often be reduced by use of a receiver noise blanker?
46. When a meteor strikes the Earth's atmosphere, a cylindrical region of free electrons is formed at what layer of the ionosphere?
47. What third family of circles is often added to a Smith chart during the process of solving problems?
48. What is the approximate maximum range for signals using transequatorial propagation?
49. What parameter does the modulating signal vary in a pulse-position modulation system?
50. What input-amplitude parameter is valuable in evaluating the signal-handling capability of a Class A amplifier?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).