1. What is meant by the term baseband in radio communications?
2. Which amateur stations may be operated in RACES?
3. Which of the following filters would be the best choice for use in a 2 meter repeater duplexer?
4. What condition must exist for a circuit to oscillate?
5. Which of the following is a way to reduce the likelihood of receiver desensitization?
6. The capacitor in an RC circuit is discharged to what percentage of the starting voltage after two time constants?
7. How can an RF power amplifier be neutralized?
8. What is one type of electrical interference that might be caused by the operation of a nearby personal computer?
9. If a frequency counter with a specified accuracy of +/- 0.1 ppm reads 146,520,000 Hz, what is the most the actual frequency being measured could differ from the reading?
10. What do the letters FEC mean as they relate to digital operation?
11. What is the deviation ratio of an FM-phone signal having a maximum frequency swing of plus or minus 7.5 kHz when the maximum modulation frequency is 3.5 kHz?
12. What is the half-power bandwidth of a parallel resonant circuit that has a resonant frequency of 3.7 MHz and a Q of 118?
13. Under what circumstances might the FCC issue a "Special Temporary Authority" (STA) to an amateur station?
14. What is the direction of a descending pass for an amateur satellite?
15. What absolute voltage gain can be expected from the circuit in Figure E7-4 when R1 is 3300 ohms and RF is 47 kilohms?
16. What is a characteristic of a monostable multivibrator?
17. What absorbs the energy from light falling on a photovoltaic cell?
18. How many elevation lobes appear in the forward direction of the antenna radiation pattern shown in Figure E9-2?
19. When using a transceiver that displays the carrier frequency of phone signals, which of the following displayed frequencies represents the highest frequency at which a properly adjusted USB emission will be totally within the band?
20. Which of the following is a technique for providing high stability oscillators needed for microwave transmission and reception?
21. What technique is used to minimize the bandwidth requirements of a PSK31 signal?
22. What type of information can be conveyed using digital waveforms?
23. What aspect of an amateur slow-scan television signal encodes the brightness of the picture?
24. In polar coordinates, what is the impedance of a network comprised of a 300-ohm-reactance inductor in series with a 400-ohm resistor?
25. Which of the following is a desirable amount of selectivity for an amateur RTTY HF receiver?
26. Which of the following types of linear voltage regulator places a constant load on the unregulated voltage source?
27. Which of the following is true about contest operating?
28. Which of the following materials is likely to provide the highest frequency of operation when used in MMICs?
29. Which insulating material commonly used as a thermal conductor for some types of electronic devices is extremely toxic if broken or crushed and the particles are accidentally inhaled?
30. Which of the following parameters would a spectrum analyzer display on the vertical axis?
31. What is the name of an antenna matching system that matches an unbalanced feed line to an antenna by feeding the driven element both at the center of the element and at a fraction of a wavelength to one side of center?
32. Why is the physical length of a coaxial cable transmission line shorter than its electrical length?
33. What term describes station output, including the transmitter, antenna and everything in between, when considering transmitter power and system gains and losses?
34. What is the name of the high-angle wave in HF propagation that travels for some distance within the F2 region?
35. Which of the following digital protocols is used by APRS?
36. What are the two families of circles and arcs that make up a Smith chart?
37. For which types of out-of-pocket expenses do the Part 97 rules state that VEs and VECs may be reimbursed?
38. Which amateur bands typically support long-path propagation?
39. How can the approximate beamwidth in a given plane of a directional antenna be determined?
40. In Figure E6-5, what is the schematic symbol for a NOR gate?
41. How do the control operator responsibilities of a station under automatic control differ from one under local control?
42. Which of the following describes an isotropic antenna?
43. Which of the following semiconductor materials contains excess free electrons?
44. What is the failure mechanism when a junction diode fails due to excessive current?
45. Which amateur service HF bands have frequencies authorized to space stations?
46. What frequency range would you normally tune to find EME signals in the 70 cm band?
47. Which of the following is a typical value for the RMS voltage at a standard U.S. household electrical power outlet?
48. What is one advantage of using a trapped antenna?
49. Which of the following is true of a charge-coupled device (CCD)?
50. Why is the resistance of a conductor different for RF currents than for direct currents?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).
Log in to set preferences.