1. Which of the following is a common use of a hot-carrier diode?
2. For which types of out-of-pocket expenses do the Part 97 rules state that VEs and VECs may be reimbursed?
3. Which of the following digital modes is especially designed for use for meteor scatter signals?
4. How many lines are commonly used in each frame on an amateur slow-scan color television picture?
5. Which of the following operating arrangements allows an FCC-licensed US citizen to operate in many European countries, and alien amateurs from many European countries to operate in the US?
6. Which of the following factors has the greatest effect in helping determine the bandwidth and response shape of a crystal ladder filter?
7. What is the beta of a bipolar junction transistor?
8. Which of these techniques causes a digital signal to appear as wide-band noise to a conventional receiver?
9. Which of the following could be determined with a spectrum analyzer?
10. How are the wavelength scales on a Smith chart calibrated?
11. What is meant by the term mode as applied to an amateur radio satellite?
12. What type of wave is made up of sine waves of a given fundamental frequency plus all its harmonics?
13. What usually occurs if a Yagi antenna is designed solely for maximum forward gain?
14. What is a remotely controlled station?
15. Which of these methods can be used to combine several separate analog information streams into a single analog radio frequency signal?
16. What determines the strength of a magnetic field around a conductor?
17. What information is contained in the lookup table of a direct digital frequency synthesizer?
18. What is indicated if the current reading on an RF ammeter placed in series with the antenna feed line of a transmitter increases as the transmitter is tuned to resonance?
19. At what time of day is gray-line propagation most likely to occur?
20. In Figure E6-5, what is the schematic symbol for a NOR gate?
21. What impedance does a 1/8-wavelength transmission line present to a generator when the line is shorted at the far end?
22. What is the maximum power output permitted on the 60 meter band?
23. In polar coordinates, what is the impedance of a network consisting of a 400-ohm-reactance inductor in parallel with a 300-ohm resistor?
24. What is the magnitude of the impedance of a circuit with a resistor, an inductor and a capacitor all in parallel, at resonance?
25. What are the principal frequencies that appear at the output of a mixer circuit?
26. Which of the following is the common name for a filter network which is equivalent to two L networks connected back-to-back with the inductors in series and the capacitors in shunt at the input and output?
27. What is meant by the blocking dynamic range of a receiver?
28. Which of these matching systems is an effective method of connecting a 50-ohm coaxial cable feed line to a grounded tower so it can be used as a vertical antenna?
29. What happens to the bandwidth of an antenna as it is shortened through the use of loading coils?
30. When evaluating a site with multiple transmitters operating at the same time, the operators and licensees of which transmitters are responsible for mitigating over-exposure situations?
31. What is an SR or RS flip-flop?
32. What is the phase angle between the voltage across and the current through a series RLC circuit if XC is 100 ohms, R is 100 ohms, and XL is 75 ohms?
33. What is the name of the high-angle wave in HF propagation that travels for some distance within the F2 region?
34. What is the average power dissipated by a 50-ohm resistive load during one complete RF cycle having a peak voltage of 35 volts?
35. Why would one need to know the feed point impedance of an antenna?
36. What alternate method of determining frequency, other than by directly counting input pulses, is used by some counters?
37. What is the amateur satellite service?
38. What magnitude of voltage gain can be expected from the circuit in Figure E7-4 when R1 is 10 ohms and RF is 470 ohms?
39. Which of the following describes a basic unterminated rhombic antenna?
40. What is the purpose of a "step-start" circuit in a high-voltage power supply?
41. Exceeding what design rating can cause a cathode ray tube (CRT) to generate X-rays?
42. What is the term for the blocking of one FM phone signal by another, stronger FM phone signal?
43. Why might a DX station state that they are listening on another frequency?
44. What is a solid state relay?
45. Which amateur stations may be operated in RACES?
46. What is the typical bandwidth of a properly modulated MFSK16 signal?
47. Which of the following is the most likely cause if you are hearing combinations of local AM broadcast signals within one or more of the MF or HF ham bands?
48. When a meteor strikes the Earth's atmosphere, a cylindrical region of free electrons is formed at what layer of the ionosphere?
49. What is the main drawback of a wire-loop antenna for direction finding?
50. What type of circuit is shown in Figure E7-1?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).
Log in to set preferences.