1. What devices are commonly used as VHF and UHF parasitic suppressors at the input and output terminals of transistorized HF amplifiers?
2. What is the amateur satellite service?
3. By how much does the VHF/UHF radio-path horizon distance exceed the geometric horizon?
4. What is the approximate physical length of a solid polyethylene dielectric coaxial transmission line that is electrically one-quarter wavelength long at 14.1 MHz?
5. Who may be the control operator of an auxiliary station?
6. What is the resonant frequency of a series RLC circuit if R is 56 ohms, L is 40 microhenrys and C is 200 picofarads?
7. What do the letters in a satellite's mode designator specify?
8. What limitations may the FCC place on an amateur station if its signal causes interference to domestic broadcast reception, assuming that the receiver(s) involved are of good engineering design?
9. What type of wave has a rise time significantly faster than its fall time (or vice versa)?
10. When evaluating a site with multiple transmitters operating at the same time, the operators and licensees of which transmitters are responsible for mitigating over-exposure situations?
11. What is the peak voltage of a sinusoidal waveform if an RMS-reading voltmeter reads 34 volts?
12. What kind of filter would you use to attenuate an interfering carrier signal while receiving an SSB transmission?
13. What is an undesirable effect of using too wide a filter bandwidth in the IF section of a receiver?
14. How long does it take for an initial charge of 800 V DC to decrease to 294 V DC in a 450-microfarad capacitor when a 1-megohm resistor is connected across it?
15. What characteristic of a cardioid-pattern antenna is useful for direction finding?
16. Which of the following HF digital modes can be used to transfer binary files?
17. What is a JK flip-flop?
18. Which of the following parameters would a spectrum analyzer display on the vertical axis?
19. What happens to reactive power in an AC circuit that has both ideal inductors and ideal capacitors?
20. Which of the following is performed by a frequency counter?
21. In polar coordinates, what is the impedance of a network consisting of a 100-ohm-reactance capacitor in series with a 100-ohm resistor?
22. What is transequatorial propagation?
23. How much gain does a 1/2-wavelength dipole in free space have compared to an isotropic antenna?
24. Which of the following amplifier types reduces or eliminates even-order harmonics?
25. Which of the following is an advantage of CMOS logic devices over TTL devices?
26. How should you generally identify your station when attempting to contact a DX station working a pileup or in a contest?
27. Which of the following oscillator circuits are commonly used in VFOs?
28. What is the maximum power output permitted on the 60 meter band?
29. What is the failure mechanism when a junction diode fails due to excessive current?
30. If a frequency counter with a specified accuracy of +/- 0.1 ppm reads 146,520,000 Hz, what is the most the actual frequency being measured could differ from the reading?
31. What magnitude of voltage gain can be expected from the circuit in Figure E7-4 when R1 is 10 ohms and RF is 470 ohms?
32. Which of the following types of receiver noise can often be reduced by use of a receiver noise blanker?
33. How do the control operator responsibilities of a station under automatic control differ from one under local control?
34. What is the most common type of photovoltaic cell used for electrical power generation?
35. What is the minimum number of qualified VEs required to administer an Element 4 amateur operator license examination?
36. What is a "Jones filter" as used as part of a HF receiver IF stage?
37. Which of the following describes frequency division multiplexing?
38. How are the wavelength scales on a Smith chart calibrated?
39. What causes intermodulation in an electronic circuit?
40. Which of the following semiconductor materials contains excess free electrons?
41. Which of the following would provide the best RF ground for your station?
42. What occurs when an excessive amount of signal energy reaches a mixer circuit?
43. What term describes a wide-bandwidth communications system in which the transmitted carrier frequency varies according to some predetermined sequence?
44. Which of the following is the video standard used by North American Fast Scan ATV stations?
45. What type of antenna pattern over real ground is shown in Figure E9-2?
46. What is the far-field of an antenna?
47. Which of the following data are used by the APRS network to communicate your location?
48. What type of circuit is shown in Figure E7-3?
49. Which of the following describes a method of establishing EME contacts?
50. How must the driven element in a 3-element Yagi be tuned to use a hairpin matching system?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).
Log in to set preferences.