1. What is the PEP output of a transmitter that develops a peak voltage of 30 volts into a 50-ohm load?
2. What type of polarization is best for ground-wave propagation?
3. Which of the following is an advantage of using an antenna analyzer compared to an SWR bridge to measure antenna SWR?
4. What is the purpose of C1 in the circuit shown in Figure E7-3?
5. Which of the following is a desirable amount of selectivity for an amateur SSB phone receiver?
6. When using rectangular coordinates to graph the impedance of a circuit, what does the horizontal axis represent?
7. What type of satellite appears to stay in one position in the sky?
8. What is a D flip-flop?
9. What is the approximate feed point impedance at the center of a two-wire folded dipole antenna?
10. What are the major spectral impurity components of phase-locked loop synthesizers?
11. What is the most common input and output impedance of circuits that use MMICs?
12. A T-network with series capacitors and a parallel shunt inductor has which of the following properties?
13. What is the necessary bandwidth of a 13-WPM international Morse code transmission?
14. Within what distance must an amateur station protect an FCC monitoring facility from harmful interference?
15. What is the magnitude of the current at the input of a parallel RLC circuit at resonance?
16. What is the first action you should take if your digital message forwarding station inadvertently forwards a communication that violates FCC rules?
17. In the antenna radiation pattern shown in Figure E9-1, what is the 3-dB beamwidth?
18. What hardware, other than a receiver with SSB capability and a suitable computer, is needed to decode SSTV using Digital Radio Mondiale (DRM)?
19. What is the effective radiated power relative to a dipole of a repeater station with 150 watts transmitter power output, 2-dB feed line loss, 2.2-dB duplexer loss and 7-dBd antenna gain?
20. What is meant by antenna gain?
21. What is a klystron?
22. What is an important characteristic of a Schottky diode as compared to an ordinary silicon diode when used as a power supply rectifier?
23. What determines the accuracy of a frequency counter?
24. From which of the following bands is amateur radio contesting generally excluded?
25. How many elevation lobes appear in the forward direction of the antenna radiation pattern shown in Figure E9-2?
26. What is reactive power?
27. What is meant by deviation ratio?
28. Which of the following types of amateur station communications are prohibited?
29. What is the typical velocity factor for a coaxial cable with solid polyethylene dielectric?
30. What absorbs the energy from light falling on a photovoltaic cell?
31. What type of CRT deflection is better when high-frequency waveforms are to be displayed on the screen?
32. What type of wave is made up of sine waves of a given fundamental frequency plus all its harmonics?
33. What might be the cause of a loud roaring or buzzing AC line interference that comes and goes at intervals?
34. How is the compensation of an oscilloscope probe typically adjusted?
35. What is an Earth station in the amateur satellite service?
36. In Figure E6-5, what is the schematic symbol for an OR gate?
37. What characterizes libration fading of an Earth-Moon-Earth signal?
38. What is the phase angle between the voltage across and the current through a series RLC circuit if XC is 25 ohms, R is 100 ohms, and XL is 50 ohms?
39. What is an integrated circuit operational amplifier?
40. Which of these matching systems is an effective method of connecting a 50-ohm coaxial cable feed line to a grounded tower so it can be used as a vertical antenna?
41. On the Smith chart shown in Figure E9-3, what is the only straight line shown?
42. Which of the following can cause receiver desensitization?
43. What is meant by direct conversion when referring to a software defined receiver?
44. Which of the following describes gray-line propagation?
45. How can an APRS station be used to help support a public service communications activity?
46. Where are the questions for all written US amateur license examinations listed?
47. How does DC input impedance at the gate of a field-effect transistor compare with the DC input impedance of a bipolar transistor?
48. How do the control operator responsibilities of a station under automatic control differ from one under local control?
49. Which of these digital communications modes has the narrowest bandwidth?
50. Which of the following injuries can result from using high-power UHF or microwave transmitters?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).
Log in to set preferences.