1. What type of signal is picked up by electrical wiring near a radio antenna?
2. What is the orbital period of an Earth satellite?
3. What are the two families of circles and arcs that make up a Smith chart?
4. How is positive feedback supplied in a Hartley oscillator?
5. What devices are commonly used as VHF and UHF parasitic suppressors at the input and output terminals of transistorized HF amplifiers?
6. Which of the following is the common name for a filter network which is equivalent to two L networks connected back-to-back with the inductors in series and the capacitors in shunt at the input and output?
7. What is the power factor of an RL circuit having a 45 degree phase angle between the voltage and the current?
8. What can cause the voltage across reactances in series to be larger than the voltage applied to them?
9. Which of the following describes a method to measure intermodulation distortion in an SSB transmitter?
10. What is the most common type of photovoltaic cell used for electrical power generation?
11. During a VHF/UHF contest, in which band segment would you expect to find the highest level of activity?
12. What is the definition of baud?
13. What is the main drawback of a wire-loop antenna for direction finding?
14. How does the gain of an ideal operational amplifier vary with frequency?
15. What is meant by direct conversion when referring to a software defined receiver?
16. Which of the following is performed by a frequency counter?
17. Which of the following types of linear voltage regulator usually make the most efficient use of the primary power source?
18. How many times per second is a new frame transmitted in a fast-scan (NTSC) television system?
19. What impedance does a 1/4-wavelength transmission line present to a generator when the line is open at the far end?
20. Which of the following parameters would a spectrum analyzer display on the vertical axis?
21. What input-amplitude parameter is valuable in evaluating the signal-handling capability of a Class A amplifier?
22. What is the primary source of noise that can be heard from an HF receiver with an antenna connected?
23. Which type of modulation is common for data emissions below 30 MHz?
24. Where in the ionosphere does Aurora activity occur?
25. What is the primary purpose of a phasing line when used with an antenna having multiple driven elements?
26. What is the term for the time it takes for a charged capacitor in an RC circuit to discharge to 36.8% of its initial voltage?
27. How much gain does an antenna have compared to a 1/2-wavelength dipole when it has 12 dB gain over an isotropic antenna?
28. Which of the following materials is likely to provide the highest frequency of operation when used in MMICs?
29. If an amateur station is installed aboard a ship or aircraft, what condition must be met before the station is operated?
30. What is digital time division multiplexing?
31. What is an important characteristic of a Schottky diode as compared to an ordinary silicon diode when used as a power supply rectifier?
32. What is the amateur satellite service?
33. What is the maximum permissible duration of a remotely controlled station's transmissions if its control link malfunctions?
34. Who is responsible for the proper conduct and necessary supervision during an amateur operator license examination session?
35. When constructing a Beverage antenna, which of the following factors should be included in the design to achieve good performance at the desired frequency?
36. What frequencies are authorized to an amateur station participating in RACES?
37. Which of the following describes two problems caused by poor dynamic range in a communications receiver?
38. Which of the following geographic descriptions approximately describes "Line A"?
39. What type of circuit is shown in Figure E7-1?
40. Which of the following describes gray-line propagation?
41. Why are there separate electric (E) and magnetic (H) field MPE limits?
42. Which of the following is a circuit that continuously alternates between two states without an external clock?
43. In Figure E6-2, what is the schematic symbol for an N-channel dual-gate MOSFET?
44. What is BiCMOS logic?
45. What is a disadvantage of decreasing the number of wire segments in an antenna model below the guideline of 10 segments per half-wavelength?
46. What is one advantage of using the ASCII code for data communications?
47. What type of receiving system is desirable for EME communications?
48. In polar coordinates, what is the impedance of a network comprised of a 300-ohm-reactance inductor in series with a 400-ohm resistor?
49. What type of waveform is produced by human speech?
50. What is an advantage of using top loading in a shortened HF vertical antenna?
Log in to set preferences.