1. What is the approximate physical length of a solid polyethylene dielectric coaxial transmission line that is electrically one-quarter wavelength long at 7.2 MHz?
2. What circuit is added to an FM transmitter to boost the higher audio frequencies?
3. What type of chart is shown in Figure E9-3?
4. What alternate method of determining frequency, other than by directly counting input pulses, is used by some counters?
5. Which of the following types of packet frames is used to transmit APRS beacon data?
6. What is cathode ray tube (CRT) persistence?
7. In Figure E6-5, what is the schematic symbol for a NOR gate?
8. What is the function of a DX QSL Manager?
9. What is an undesirable effect of using too wide a filter bandwidth in the IF section of a receiver?
10. What is one characteristic of a switching electronic voltage regulator?
11. Which of the following describes gray-line propagation?
12. What is the main drawback of a wire-loop antenna for direction finding?
13. With your transceiver displaying the carrier frequency of phone signals, you hear a DX station calling CQ on 3.601 MHz LSB. Is it legal to return the call using lower sideband on the same frequency?
14. How is the far-field elevation pattern of a vertically polarized antenna affected by being mounted over seawater versus rocky ground?
15. What type of circuit is shown in Figure E7-1?
16. Which of the following best describes one of the standards that must be met by an external RF power amplifier if it is to qualify for a grant of FCC certification?
17. Why would one need to know the feed point impedance of an antenna?
18. What term best describes the interactions at the load end of a mismatched transmission line?
19. What parameter does the modulating signal vary in a pulse-position modulation system?
20. Which VHF amateur service bands have frequencies available for space stations?
21. What absorbs the energy from light falling on a photovoltaic cell?
22. What is the effect of ringing in a filter?
23. Which of these instruments could be used for detailed analysis of digital signals?
24. If the boom of a Yagi antenna is lengthened and the elements are properly retuned, what usually occurs?
25. Which of the following is the easiest voltage amplitude parameter to measure when viewing a pure sine wave signal on an analog oscilloscope?
26. Why does the radio-path horizon distance exceed the geometric horizon?
27. What can cause the voltage across reactances in series to be larger than the voltage applied to them?
28. What is a common use for point contact diodes?
29. How is positive feedback supplied in a Colpitts oscillator?
30. What is the significance of voltmeter sensitivity expressed in ohms per volt?
31. What is one advantage of using the ASCII code for data communications?
32. What special operating frequency restrictions are imposed on slow scan TV transmissions?
33. Which of the following factors has the greatest effect in helping determine the bandwidth and response shape of a crystal ladder filter?
34. What is the approximate maximum separation measured along the surface of the Earth between two stations communicating by Moon bounce?
35. What is the orbital period of an Earth satellite?
36. What is equivalent to the root-mean-square value of an AC voltage?
37. What is the term for the reduction in receiver sensitivity caused by a strong signal near the received frequency?
38. When evaluating RF exposure levels from your station at a neighbor's home, what must you do?
39. What is the maximum permissible duration of a remotely controlled station's transmissions if its control link malfunctions?
40. How many flip-flops are required to divide a signal frequency by 4?
41. In rectangular coordinates, what is the impedance of a circuit that has an admittance of 5 millisiemens at -30 degrees?
42. In Figure E6-1, what is the schematic symbol for a PNP transistor?
43. What frequencies are authorized to an amateur station participating in RACES?
44. What kind of digital signal processing audio filter might be used to remove unwanted noise from a received SSB signal?
45. How can noise from an electric motor be suppressed?
46. What must the administering VEs do after the administration of a successful examination for an amateur operator license?
47. How is Forward Error Correction implemented?
48. Why should an HF mobile antenna loading coil have a high ratio of reactance to resistance?
49. What is the term for the time it takes for a charged capacitor in an RC circuit to discharge to 36.8% of its initial voltage?
50. What is the power factor of an RL circuit having a 30 degree phase angle between the voltage and the current?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).
Log in to set preferences.