1. Which of the following is a typical value for the RMS voltage at a standard U.S. household electrical power outlet?
2. What hardware, other than a receiver with SSB capability and a suitable computer, is needed to decode SSTV using Digital Radio Mondiale (DRM)?
3. Which of the following data are used by the APRS network to communicate your location?
4. What is the permitted mean power of any spurious emission relative to the mean power of the fundamental emission from a station transmitter or external RF amplifier installed after January 1, 2003, and transmitting on a frequency below 30 MHZ?
5. How much power is consumed in a circuit consisting of a 100 ohm resistor in series with a 100 ohm inductive reactance drawing 1 ampere?
6. What circuit is added to an FM transmitter to boost the higher audio frequencies?
7. What usually occurs if a Yagi antenna is designed solely for maximum forward gain?
8. How does an impedance-matching circuit transform a complex impedance to a resistive impedance?
9. What is an advantage of a period-measuring frequency counter over a direct-count type?
10. What type of satellite appears to stay in one position in the sky?
11. Which of the following determines the velocity factor of a transmission line?
12. What is the phase angle between the voltage across and the current through a series RLC circuit if XC is 100 ohms, R is 100 ohms, and XL is 75 ohms?
13. Which of the following is a distinguishing characteristic of a pulse waveform?
14. What is the efficiency of a photovoltaic cell?
15. What is the necessary bandwidth of a 4800-Hz frequency shift, 9600-baud ASCII FM transmission?
16. How many turns will be required to produce a 5-microhenry inductor using a powdered-iron toroidal core that has an inductance index (A L) value of 40 microhenrys/100 turns?
17. Which of the following portions of a receiver can be effective in eliminating image signal interference?
18. Which of the following choices is a way to improve the efficiency of a ground-mounted quarter-wave vertical antenna?
19. Which amateur service HF bands have frequencies authorized to space stations?
20. What is the failure mechanism when a junction diode fails due to excessive current?
21. What characteristics of the MMIC make it a popular choice for VHF through microwave circuits?
22. What is the term for the ratio between the frequency deviation of an RF carrier wave, and the modulating frequency of its corresponding FM-phone signal?
23. Which type of modulation is common for data emissions below 30 MHz?
24. Which of the following is an advantage of BiCMOS logic?
25. What is the resonant frequency of a parallel RLC circuit if R is 47 ohms, L is 25 microhenrys and C is 10 picofarads?
26. At what time of day is gray-line propagation most likely to occur?
27. What might be the cause of a loud roaring or buzzing AC line interference that comes and goes at intervals?
28. Which of the following describes a good method for measuring the intermodulation distortion of your own PSK signal?
29. How does the radiation pattern of a horizontally polarized 3-element beam antenna vary with its height above ground?
30. In polar coordinates, what is the impedance of a network consisting of a 400-ohm-reactance capacitor in series with a 300-ohm resistor?
31. What is the purpose of C3 in the circuit shown in Figure E7-3?
32. Where on the load line of a Class A common emitter amplifier would bias normally be set?
33. How can intermodulation interference between two repeaters occur?
34. Why might a DX station state that they are listening on another frequency?
35. What is the radiation pattern of two 1/4-wavelength vertical antennas spaced 1/4-wavelength apart and fed 90 degrees out of phase?
36. What is a JK flip-flop?
37. What is the National Radio Quiet Zone?
38. What is an advantage of using top loading in a shortened HF vertical antenna?
39. How much power is being absorbed by the load when a directional power meter connected between a transmitter and a terminating load reads 100 watts forward power and 25 watts reflected power?
40. What are three oscillator circuits used in Amateur Radio equipment?
41. What material found in some electronic components such as high-voltage capacitors and transformers is considered toxic?
42. Which of the following is a good technique for making meteor-scatter contacts?
43. Which of the following best describes the Volunteer Examiner accreditation process?
44. What term describes station output, including the transmitter, antenna and everything in between, when considering transmitter power and system gains and losses?
45. When using a transceiver that displays the carrier frequency of phone signals, which of the following displayed frequencies represents the highest frequency at which a properly adjusted USB emission will be totally within the band?
46. Which of the following is a type of capacitor best suited for use in high-stability op-amp RC active filter circuits?
47. When may an automatically controlled station retransmit third party communications?
48. What type of chart is shown in Figure E9-3?
49. Which of these choices is an effective way to match an antenna with a 100-ohm feed point impedance to a 50-ohm coaxial cable feed line?
50. Which of the following semiconductor materials contains excess free electrons?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).
Log in to set preferences.