1. Which of the following types of detector is well suited for demodulating SSB signals?
2. What is the purpose of digital store-and-forward functions on an Amateur Radio satellite?
3. Which of these methods can be used to combine several separate analog information streams into a single analog radio frequency signal?
4. How can you determine if line noise interference is being generated within your home?
5. What is the effective radiated power relative to a dipole of a repeater station with 200 watts transmitter power output, 4-dB feed line loss, 3.2-dB duplexer loss, 0.8-dB circulator loss and 10-dBd antenna gain?
6. Which of the following is a typical value for the peak voltage at a standard U.S. household electrical outlet?
7. What type of bias is required for an LED to emit light?
8. What hardware, other than a receiver with SSB capability and a suitable computer, is needed to decode SSTV using Digital Radio Mondiale (DRM)?
9. What authorization or licensing is required when operating an amateur station aboard a US-registered vessel in international waters?
10. What is the term for unwanted signals generated by the mixing of two or more signals?
11. What is one purpose of a "bleeder" resistor in a conventional (unregulated) power supply?
12. What is the radiation pattern of two 1/4-wavelength vertical antennas spaced 1/2-wavelength apart and fed in phase?
13. Which of the following is an advantage of using an antenna analyzer compared to an SWR bridge to measure antenna SWR?
14. What is a JK flip-flop?
15. Which of the following is often determined using a Smith chart?
16. Which of the following best describes the term "self-spotting" in regards to contest operating?
17. What class of licensee is authorized to be the control operator of a space station?
18. What is the capture range of a phase-locked loop circuit?
19. Which of the following semiconductor materials contains excess free electrons?
20. What absorbs the energy from light falling on a photovoltaic cell?
21. How might lowering the noise figure affect receiver performance?
22. In polar coordinates, what is the impedance of a network consisting of a 400-ohm-reactance inductor in parallel with a 300-ohm resistor?
23. What are the consequences of failing to appear for re-administration of an examination when so directed by the FCC?
24. What is the magnitude of the impedance of a series RLC circuit at resonance?
25. Which of the following can be used as a relative measurement of the Q for a series-tuned circuit?
26. What type of information can be conveyed using digital waveforms?
27. Which one of the following digital codes consists of elements having unequal length?
28. What will be the output voltage of the circuit shown in Figure E7-4 if R1 is 1000 ohms, RF is 10,000 ohms, and 0.23 volts dc is applied to the input?
29. In what direction is the magnetic field oriented about a conductor in relation to the direction of electron flow?
30. What is the phase angle between the voltage across and the current through a series RLC circuit if XC is 100 ohms, R is 100 ohms, and XL is 75 ohms?
31. What is the effect of intermodulation products in a linear power amplifier?
32. In Figure E6-5, what is the schematic symbol for an AND gate?
33. What is one of the potential hazards of using microwaves in the amateur radio bands?
34. Where should a high-Q loading coil be placed to minimize losses in a shortened vertical antenna?
35. Which of the following describes a method of establishing EME contacts?
36. Which of the following measurements is characteristic of a mismatched transmission line?
37. What is an advantage of a period-measuring frequency counter over a direct-count type?
38. What is the most common input and output impedance of circuits that use MMICs?
39. What core material property determines the inductance of a toroidal inductor?
40. What do the terms L band and S band specify with regard to satellite communications?
41. Which of the following operating arrangements allows an FCC-licensed US citizen to operate in many European countries, and alien amateurs from many European countries to operate in the US?
42. What must be done before placing an amateur station within an officially designated wilderness area or wildlife preserve, or an area listed in the National Register of Historical Places?
43. What is the principle of a Method of Moments analysis?
44. Which of the following describes a Pi-L network used for matching a vacuum-tube final amplifier to a 50-ohm unbalanced output?
45. What is meant by local control?
46. How does ARQ accomplish error correction?
47. How does the maximum distance of ground-wave propagation change when the signal frequency is increased?
48. What impedance does a 1/4-wavelength transmission line present to a generator when the line is open at the far end?
49. Why would one need to know the feed point impedance of an antenna?
50. What is the approximate maximum range for signals using transequatorial propagation?
Log in to set preferences.