1. What percentage of power loss would result from a transmission line loss of 1 dB?
2. What sound is heard from an audio device or telephone if there is interference from a nearby single-sideband phone transmitter?
3. Which of the following is a disadvantage of multiband antennas?
4. What is a reliable way to determine if the Maximum Usable Frequency (MUF) is high enough to support skip propagation between your station and a distant location on frequencies between 14 and 30 MHz?
5. Which of the following is the most likely to cause interfering signals to be heard in the receiver of an HF mobile installation in a recent model vehicle?
6. What frequency range is occupied by a 3 kHz LSB signal when the displayed carrier frequency is set to 7.178 MHz?
7. What is an advantage of the low internal resistance of nickel-cadmium batteries?
8. Complex digital circuitry can often be replaced by what type of integrated circuit?
10. What is the low angle azimuthal radiation pattern of an ideal half-wavelength dipole antenna installed 1/2 wavelength high and parallel to the Earth?
11. Why do most amateur stations use lower sideband on the 160, 75 and 40 meter bands?
12. What is the characteristic impedance of flat ribbon TV type twinlead?
13. Which of the following applies when the FCC rules designate the Amateur Service as a secondary user on a band?
14. What makes HF scatter signals often sound distorted?
15. What is meant by the "main lobe" of a directive antenna?
16. What signal source is connected to the vertical input of an oscilloscope when checking the RF envelope pattern of a transmitted signal?
17. Which of the following components should be added to an existing resistor to increase the resistance?
18. What is a practical way to avoid harmful interference when selecting a frequency to call CQ on CW or phone?
19. When may music be transmitted by an amateur station?
20. What is an effect of inter-turn capacitance in an inductor?
21. What happens to the RF carrier signal when a modulating audio signal is applied to an FM transmitter?
22. What type of instrument can be used to accurately measure an RF field?
23. What is one disadvantage of an incandescent indicator compared to an LED?
24. What does the abbreviation "RTTY" stand for?
25. Which of the following is a limitation on transmitter power on the 14 MHz band?
26. In what ITU region is operation in the 7.175 to 7.300 MHz band permitted for a control operator holding an FCC-issued General Class license?
27. Which circuit is used to combine signals from the carrier oscillator and speech amplifier and send the result to the filter in a typical single-sideband phone transmitter?
28. Which of the following is a proper way to identify when transmitting using phone on General Class frequencies if you have a CSCE for the required elements but your upgrade from Technician has not appeared in the FCC database?
29. Which symbol in figure G7-1 represents a Zener diode?
30. What is a geomagnetic storm?
31. What is the best speed to use answering a CQ in Morse Code?
32. What is a purpose of using Automatic Level Control (ALC) with a RF power amplifier?
33. Which of the following is a primary reason for not placing a gasoline-fueled generator inside an occupied area?
34. If a receiver mixes a 13.800 MHz VFO with a 14.255 MHz received signal to produce a 455 kHz intermediate frequency (IF) signal, what type of interference will a 13.345 MHz signal produce in the receiver?
35. Which HF antenna would be the best to use for minimizing interference?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).