1. What is the customary minimum frequency separation between SSB signals under normal conditions?
2. What is the primary purpose of a screen grid in a vacuum tube?
3. What is the maximum transmitting power an amateur station may use on the 12 meter band?
4. Why is long distance communication on the 40, 60, 80 and 160 meter bands more difficult during the day?
5. What causes HF propagation conditions to vary periodically in a 28-day cycle?
6. How does the attenuation of coaxial cable change as the frequency of the signal it is carrying increases?
7. What license examinations may you administer when you are an accredited VE holding a General Class operator license?
8. How does the total current relate to the individual currents in each branch of a parallel circuit?
9. What is another term for the mixing of two RF signals?
10. Which mode is normally used when sending an RTTY signal via AFSK with an SSB transmitter?
11. What does the Q signal "QRQ" mean?
12. What factors affect the Maximum Usable Frequency (MUF)?
13. Which of the following is a purpose of a beacon station as identified in the FCC Rules?
14. What frequency range is occupied by a 3 kHz LSB signal when the displayed carrier frequency is set to 7.178 MHz?
15. Which mode is most commonly used for voice communications on the 17 and 12 meter bands?
16. What circuit is used to combine signals from the IF amplifier and BFO and send the result to the AF amplifier in a single-sideband receiver?
17. What is the correct adjustment for the load or coupling control of a vacuum tube RF power amplifier?
18. What is the effect on an audio device or telephone system if there is interference from a nearby CW transmitter?
19. Which of the following is an analog integrated circuit?
20. What is a common name for an inductor used to help smooth the DC output from the rectifier in a conventional power supply?
21. What is the total resistance of a 10 ohm, a 20 ohm, and a 50 ohm resistor in parallel?
22. Which of the following causes opposition to the flow of alternating current in an inductor?
23. What skills learned during "hidden transmitter hunts" are of help to the Amateur Auxiliary?
24. Which of the following is the best instrument to use when checking the keying waveform of a CW transmitter?
25. Which of the following phone emissions uses the narrowest frequency bandwidth?
26. Which statement about a three-element, single-band Yagi antenna is true?
27. How many states does a 3-bit binary counter have?
28. Which size of fuse or circuit breaker would be appropriate to use with a circuit that uses AWG number 14 wiring?
29. Which of the following frequencies is in the 12 meter band?
30. Which of the following is an application for a Beverage antenna?
31. Which of the following is a disadvantage of using wind as the primary source of power for an emergency station?
32. What is the peak-inverse-voltage across the rectifiers in a full-wave bridge power supply?
33. What is one way that RF energy can affect human body tissue?
34. With which foreign countries is third party traffic prohibited, except for messages directly involving emergencies or disaster relief communications?
35. What happens to the feed-point impedance of a ground-plane antenna when its radials are changed from horizontal to downward-sloping?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).