1. Why is impedance matching important?
2. Approximately how long is each side of a quad antenna driven element?
3. How close to the lower edge of the 40 meter General Class phone segment should your displayed carrier frequency be when using 3 kHz wide LSB?
4. On which of the following bands is image transmission prohibited?
5. What license examinations may you administer when you are an accredited VE holding a General Class operator license?
6. What does "time averaging" mean in reference to RF radiation exposure?
7. If propagation changes during your contact and you notice increasing interference from other activity on the same frequency, what should you do?
8. Which of the following most limits the effectiveness of an HF mobile transceiver operating in the 75 meter band?
9. Which of the following describes full break-in telegraphy (QSK)?
10. When is an amateur station permitted to transmit secret codes?
11. What is the total resistance of three 100-ohm resistors in parallel?
12. Which of the following describes a Beverage antenna?
13. Approximately how long does it take the increased ultraviolet and X-ray radiation from solar flares to affect radio-wave propagation on the Earth?
14. What should be done by any person preparing to climb a tower that supports electrically powered devices?
15. What types of messages for a third party in another country may be transmitted by an amateur station?
16. Which of the following might be an indication that signals heard on the HF bands are being received via scatter propagation?
17. Which of these classes of amplifiers has the highest efficiency?
18. Which of the following is an advantage of a switch-mode power supply as compared to a linear power supply?
19. What is meant by flat-topping of a single-sideband phone transmission?
20. What is the primary purpose of a screen grid in a vacuum tube?
21. Which of the following is a limitation on transmitter power on the 14 MHz band?
22. In what values are RF feed line losses usually expressed?
23. In the PACTOR protocol, what is meant by an NAK response to a transmitted packet?
24. Which of the following is an advantage of CMOS integrated circuits compared to TTL integrated circuits?
25. What does the number 31 represent in PSK31?
26. What item of test equipment contains horizontal and vertical channel amplifiers?
27. What is one disadvantage of a directly fed random-wire antenna?
28. What is the purpose of the "notch filter" found on many HF transceivers?
29. What will happen to the resistance if the temperature of a resistor is increased?
30. Which sideband is most commonly used for voice communications on frequencies of 14 MHz or higher?
31. How does the total current relate to the individual currents in each branch of a parallel circuit?
32. What usually happens to radio waves with frequencies below the Maximum Usable Frequency (MUF) and above the Lowest Usable Frequency (LUF) when they are sent into the ionosphere?
33. Which of the following is one use for a Digital Signal Processor in an amateur station?
34. Which of the following is used to process signals from the balanced modulator and send them to the mixer in a single-sideband phone transmitter?
35. What is QRP operation?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).