1. How is Digital Signal Processor filtering accomplished?
2. What is a microprocessor?
3. What does the expression "CQ DX" usually indicate?
4. Which of the following frequencies is within the General Class portion of the 15 meter band?
5. What is an advantage of downward sloping radials on a quarter wave ground-plane antenna?
6. Which symbol in Figure G7-1 represents a multiple-winding transformer?
7. Which of the following phone emissions uses the narrowest frequency bandwidth?
8. How close to the upper edge of the 20 meter General Class band should your displayed carrier frequency be when using 3 kHz wide USB?
9. If a receiver mixes a 13.800 MHz VFO with a 14.255 MHz received signal to produce a 455 kHz intermediate frequency (IF) signal, what type of interference will a 13.345 MHz signal produce in the receiver?
10. Why is impedance matching important?
11. What is the maximum symbol rate permitted for RTTY or data emission transmissions on the 10 meter band?
12. What is a reliable way to determine if the Maximum Usable Frequency (MUF) is high enough to support skip propagation between your station and a distant location on frequencies between 14 and 30 MHz?
13. Which of the following is a use for the IF shift control on a receiver?
14. Which of the following factors determine the characteristic impedance of a parallel conductor antenna feed line?
15. What precaution should you take whenever you make adjustments or repairs to an antenna?
16. Why is the F2 region mainly responsible for the longest distance radio wave propagation?
17. How is a directional antenna pointed when making a "long-path" contact with another station?
18. What types of messages for a third party in another country may be transmitted by an amateur station?
19. How long does it take charged particles from coronal mass ejections to affect radio-wave propagation on the Earth?
20. What is the equivalent capacitance of two 5000 picofarad capacitors and one 750 picofarad capacitor connected in parallel?
21. What is a "capacitance hat", when referring to a mobile antenna?
22. Which of the following is true of an emergency generator installation?
23. How many data bits are sent in a single PSK31 character?
24. When may music be transmitted by an amateur station?
25. Which of the following might be useful in reducing RF interference to audio-frequency devices?
26. When must you add the special identifier "AG" after your call sign if you are a Technician Class licensee and have a CSCE for General Class operator privileges, but the FCC has not yet posted your upgrade on its Web site?
27. What are two major ratings that must not be exceeded for silicon diode rectifiers?
28. What are the basic components of virtually all sine wave oscillators?
29. What would be the RMS voltage across a 50-ohm dummy load dissipating 1200 watts?
30. How does the gain of two 3-element horizontally polarized Yagi antennas spaced vertically 1/2 wavelength apart typically compare to the gain of a single 3-element Yagi?
31. What is the first thing you should do if you are communicating with another amateur station and hear a station in distress break in?
32. What is the advantage of vertical stacking of horizontally polarized Yagi antennas?
33. What does the Q signal "QRV" mean?
34. What item of test equipment contains horizontal and vertical channel amplifiers?
35. What is an effect of inter-turn capacitance in an inductor?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).