1. What is the purpose of a transmitter power supply interlock?
2. What is the purpose of a speech processor as used in a modern transceiver?
3. What is the inductance of three 10 millihenry inductors connected in parallel?
4. Volunteer Examiners are accredited by what organization?
5. How does the feed-point impedance of a 1/2 wave dipole change as the feed-point location is moved from the center toward the ends?
6. What frequency should be used to send a distress call?
7. What is the maximum symbol rate permitted for RTTY or data emission transmitted on the 1.25 meter and 70 centimeter bands
8. What type of transmitter performance does a two-tone test analyze?
9. Which of the following is an effect of over-modulation?
10. What does the number 31 represent in PSK31?
11. When may a 10 meter repeater retransmit the 2 meter signal from a station having a Technician Class control operator?
12. Why do most amateur stations use lower sideband on the 160, 75 and 40 meter bands?
13. What effect can be caused by a resonant ground connection?
14. Which of the following is an advantage of a switch-mode power supply as compared to a linear power supply?
15. How does a capacitor react to AC?
16. What happens to HF propagation when the Lowest Usable Frequency (LUF) exceeds the Maximum Usable Frequency (MUF)?
17. What is the general description of a DIN type connector?
18. Approximately how long is each side of a quad antenna reflector element?
19. What are the basic components of virtually all sine wave oscillators?
20. At what height above ground is an NVIS antenna typically installed?
21. When is it permissible to communicate with amateur stations in countries outside the areas administered by the Federal Communications Commission?
22. Which of the following frequencies is in the General Class portion of the 40 meter band?
23. In what values are RF feed line losses usually expressed?
24. What precaution should you take if you install an indoor transmitting antenna?
25. How many data bits are sent in a single PSK31 character?
26. Which of the following is a reason not to use wire-wound resistors in an RF circuit?
27. How does the FCC require an amateur station to be operated in all respects not specifically covered by the Part 97 rules?
28. What is the RMS voltage of a sine wave with a value of 17 volts peak?
29. When is it acceptable to recharge a carbon-zinc primary cell?
30. What is the simplest combination of stages that implement a superheterodyne receiver?
31. How are radio communications usually affected by the charged particles that reach the Earth from solar coronal holes?
32. What makes HF scatter signals often sound distorted?
33. What condition can lead to permanent damage when using a solid-state RF power amplifier?
34. When sending CW, what does a "C" mean when added to the RST report?
35. What is one disadvantage of using a shortened mobile antenna as opposed to a full size antenna?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).