1. What item of test equipment contains horizontal and vertical channel amplifiers?
2. What unit is used to measure impedance?
3. What is one reason to use the attenuator function that is present on many HF transceivers?
4. What is the characteristic impedance of flat ribbon TV type twinlead?
5. Why must the metal enclosure of every item of station equipment be grounded?
6. What is the name of the stage in a VHF FM transmitter that generates a harmonic of a lower frequency signal to reach the desired operating frequency?
7. What is the maximum symbol rate permitted for RTTY or data emission transmissions on the 2 meter band?
8. Which of the following frequencies is in the General Class portion of the 40 meter band?
9. What is the name of the process by which sunlight is changed directly into electricity?
10. Which of the following describes the function of a two input AND gate?
11. What must you do if an evaluation of your station shows RF energy radiated from your station exceeds permissible limits?
12. What are the restrictions on the use of abbreviations or procedural signals in the Amateur Service?
13. What is a reliable way to determine if the Maximum Usable Frequency (MUF) is high enough to support skip propagation between your station and a distant location on frequencies between 14 and 30 MHz?
14. Which mode of voice communication is most commonly used on the high frequency amateur bands?
15. Which of the following is a requirement for a non-licensed person to communicate with a foreign Amateur Radio station from a station with an FCC granted license at which a licensed control operator is present?
16. What should you do if a CW station sends "QRS"?
17. What causes HF propagation conditions to vary periodically in a 28-day cycle?
18. Which of the following types of capacitors are often used in power supply circuits to filter the rectified AC?
19. A two-times increase or decrease in power results in a change of how many dB?
20. Which symbol in figure G7-1 represents a field effect transistor?
21. Which of the following ionospheric layers is closest to the surface of the Earth?
22. Which of the following describes a Beverage antenna?
23. What circuit is used to combine signals from the IF amplifier and BFO and send the result to the AF amplifier in a single-sideband receiver?
24. What is one advantage of carrier suppression in a single-sideband phone transmission?
25. Which of the following complies with good amateur practice when choosing a frequency on which to initiate a call?
26. What is the capacitance of a 20 microfarad capacitor in series with a 50 microfarad capacitor?
27. When must you add the special identifier "AG" after your call sign if you are a Technician Class licensee and have a CSCE for General Class operator privileges, but the FCC has not yet posted your upgrade on its Web site?
28. Which of the following is an advantage of a horizontally polarized as compared to vertically polarized HF antenna?
29. How is a directional antenna pointed when making a "long-path" contact with another station?
30. What effect can be caused by a resonant ground connection?
31. What is meant by the term MMIC?
32. What frequency range is occupied by a 3 kHz LSB signal when the displayed carrier frequency is set to 7.178 MHz?
33. Which of the following is a reason why a Yagi antenna is often used for radio communications on the 20 meter band?
34. How many data bits are sent in a single PSK31 character?
35. What is the approximate junction threshold voltage of a conventional silicon diode?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).