1. What is the approximate length of the driven element of a Yagi antenna?
2. Which element of a triode vacuum tube is used to regulate the flow of electrons between cathode and plate?
3. How does the feed-point impedance of a 1/2 wave dipole change as the feed-point location is moved from the center toward the ends?
4. When is an amateur station allowed to use any means at its disposal to assist another station in distress?
5. Which of the following applies in the event of interference between a coordinated repeater and an uncoordinated repeater?
6. What prosign is sent to indicate the end of a formal message when using CW?
7. Which of the following describes Baudot code?
8. What does MUF stand for?
9. Which of the following frequencies is in the General Class portion of the 40 meter band?
10. Which of the following is an advantage of a log periodic antenna?
11. Which of the following is an important characteristic for capacitors used to filter the DC output of a switching power supply?
12. Which of the following is sufficient for you to be an administering VE for a Technician Class operator license examination?
13. Which of the following phone emissions uses the narrowest frequency bandwidth?
14. Which of the following can be determined with a field strength meter?
15. What sound is heard from an audio device or telephone if there is interference from a nearby single-sideband phone transmitter?
16. What is the maximum symbol rate permitted for RTTY or data emission transmission on the 20 meter band?
17. Which of the following is a danger from lead-tin solder?
18. When choosing a transmitting frequency, what should you do to comply with good amateur practice?
19. Which mode of voice communication is most commonly used on the high frequency amateur bands?
20. Which of the following describes an azimuthal projection map?
21. What reading on the plate current meter of a vacuum tube RF power amplifier indicates correct adjustment of the plate tuning control?
22. What is the equivalent capacitance of two 5000 picofarad capacitors and one 750 picofarad capacitor connected in parallel?
23. What is a shift register?
24. What is the peak-to-peak voltage of a sine wave that has an RMS voltage of 120 volts?
25. What would be the SWR if you feed a vertical antenna that has a 25-ohm feed-point impedance with 50-ohm coaxial cable?
26. Which of the following is an advantage of a switch-mode power supply as compared to a linear power supply?
27. How does an inductor react to AC?
28. How is an LED biased when emitting light?
29. What causes HF propagation conditions to vary periodically in a 28-day cycle?
30. Which of the following is needed for a Digital Signal Processor IF filter?
31. Which of the following direct, fused power connections would be the best for a 100-watt HF mobile installation?
32. How does an S meter reading of 20 dB over S-9 compare to an S-9 signal, assuming a properly calibrated S meter?
33. What type of instrument can be used to accurately measure an RF field?
34. What receiver stage combines a 14.250 MHz input signal with a 13.795 MHz oscillator signal to produce a 455 kHz intermediate frequency (IF) signal?
35. What does the term "critical angle" mean as used in radio wave propagation?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).