1. What is a possible benefit to radio communications resulting from periods of high geomagnetic activity?
2. What unit is used to measure reactance?
3. How does increasing boom length and adding directors affect a Yagi antenna?
4. What should you do if a CW station sends "QRS"?
5. Which of the following statements is true of the single sideband (SSB) voice mode?
6. What does the abbreviation "MFSK" stand for?
7. Which of the following conditions require an Amateur Radio station licensee to take specific steps to avoid harmful interference to other users or facilities?
8. Which of the following amateur bands is restricted to communication on only specific channels, rather than frequency ranges?
9. What is the maximum symbol rate permitted for RTTY or data emission transmitted on the 1.25 meter and 70 centimeter bands
10. What circuit is used to process signals from the RF amplifier and local oscillator and send the result to the IF filter in a superheterodyne receiver?
11. What happens to the feed-point impedance of a ground-plane antenna when its radials are changed from horizontal to downward-sloping?
12. Which of the following is the most likely to cause interfering signals to be heard in the receiver of an HF mobile installation in a recent model vehicle?
13. Which wire or wires in a four-conductor line cord should be attached to fuses or circuit breakers in a device operated from a 240-VAC single-phase source?
14. What is meant by the term ROM?
15. What usually happens to radio waves with frequencies below the Lowest Usable Frequency (LUF)?
16. At what height above ground is an NVIS antenna typically installed?
17. What is the output PEP of an unmodulated carrier if an average reading wattmeter connected to the transmitter output indicates 1060 watts?
18. Which symbol in figure G7-1 represents a Zener diode?
19. What is the name of the process that changes the phase angle of an RF wave to convey information?
20. What would be the SWR if you feed an antenna that has a 300-ohm feed-point impedance with 50-ohm coaxial cable?
21. Which of the following describes a linear amplifier?
22. What is a purpose of using Automatic Level Control (ALC) with a RF power amplifier?
23. Which of the following solid state devices is most like a vacuum tube in its general operating characteristics?
24. Where on the Earth do ionospheric layers reach their maximum height?
25. On which of the following band segments may you operate if you are a Technician Class operator and have a CSCE for General Class privileges?
26. Which of the following describes a thermistor?
27. What is the total bandwidth of an FM-phone transmission having a 5 kHzdeviation and a 3 kHz modulating frequency?
28. Which HF antenna would be the best to use for minimizing interference?
29. What item of test equipment contains horizontal and vertical channel amplifiers?
30. What precaution should you take whenever you make adjustments or repairs to an antenna?
31. When is an amateur station permitted to transmit secret codes?
32. Which of the following is true concerning access to frequencies?
33. What could be a symptom of a ground loop somewhere in your station?
34. Which of the following components should be added to an existing resistor to increase the resistance?
35. What frequency range is occupied by a 3 kHz LSB signal when the displayed carrier frequency is set to 7.178 MHz?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).