1. What is a solid state relay?
2. What is a parametric amplifier?
3. What is meant by the term mode as applied to an amateur radio satellite?
4. Which of the following describes a method of establishing EME contacts?
5. The capacitor in an RC circuit is discharged to what percentage of the starting voltage after two time constants?
6. What is the phase relationship between the current through and the voltage across a parallel resonant circuit at resonance?
7. When may an automatically controlled station retransmit third party communications?
8. What is the purpose of a "step-start" circuit in a high-voltage power supply?
9. What are the consequences of failing to appear for re-administration of an examination when so directed by the FCC?
10. What is one way a single-sideband phone signal can be generated?
11. Which of the following digital protocols is used by APRS?
12. Which of the following could be determined with a spectrum analyzer?
13. Which of the following antennas has no gain in any direction?
14. What happens to the bandwidth of an antenna as it is shortened through the use of loading coils?
15. At what time of day is gray-line propagation most likely to occur?
16. What type of signal is picked up by electrical wiring near a radio antenna?
17. What magnitude of voltage gain can be expected from the circuit in Figure E7-4 when R1 is 10 ohms and RF is 470 ohms?
18. On what frequencies are spread spectrum transmissions permitted?
19. What is indicated if the current reading on an RF ammeter placed in series with the antenna feed line of a transmitter increases as the transmitter is tuned to resonance?
20. When evaluating RF exposure levels from your station at a neighbor's home, what must you do?
21. What term indicates the frequency at which the grounded-base current gain of a transistor has decreased to 0.7 of the gain obtainable at 1 kHz?
22. What term describes a wide-bandwidth communications system in which the transmitted carrier frequency varies according to some predetermined sequence?
23. What is the most common input and output impedance of circuits that use MMICs?
24. How does an impedance-matching circuit transform a complex impedance to a resistive impedance?
25. What is the effective radiated power relative to a dipole of a repeater station with 200 watts transmitter power output, 4-dB feed line loss, 3.2-dB duplexer loss, 0.8-dB circulator loss and 10-dBd antenna gain?
26. What type of polarization is best for ground-wave propagation?
27. What alternate method of determining frequency, other than by directly counting input pulses, is used by some counters?
28. In polar coordinates, what is the impedance of a network consisting of a 400-ohm-reactance capacitor in series with a 300-ohm resistor?
29. What is the radiation pattern of two 1/4-wavelength vertical antennas spaced 1/2-wavelength apart and fed in phase?
30. How is positive feedback supplied in a Colpitts oscillator?
31. How does the total amount of radiation emitted by a directional gain antenna compare with the total amount of radiation emitted from an isotropic antenna, assuming each is driven by the same amount of power?
32. Which of these methods can be used to combine several separate analog information streams into a single analog radio frequency signal?
33. What is the definition of the noise figure of a receiver?
34. What system matches a high-impedance transmission line to a lower impedance antenna by connecting the line to the driven element in two places spaced a fraction of a wavelength each side of element center?
35. What unit measures electrical energy stored in an electrostatic field?
36. What logical operation does a NAND gate perform?
37. What is an important characteristic of a Schottky diode as compared to an ordinary silicon diode when used as a power supply rectifier?
38. What do the arcs on a Smith chart represent?
39. What class of licensee is authorized to be the control operator of a space station?
40. What is the principle advantage of liquid-crystal display (LCD) devices over other types of display devices?
41. What is the permitted mean power of any spurious emission relative to the mean power of the fundamental emission from a station transmitter or external RF amplifier installed after January 1, 2003, and transmitting on a frequency below 30 MHZ?
42. Which type of modulation is common for data emissions below 30 MHz?
43. What authorization or licensing is required when operating an amateur station aboard a US-registered vessel in international waters?
44. What determines the PEP-to-average power ratio of a single-sideband phone signal?
45. How does ladder line compare to small-diameter coaxial cable such as RG-58 at 50 MHz?
46. What is the recommended power supply voltage for TTL series integrated circuits?
47. What might help to restore contact when DX signals become too weak to copy across an entire HF band a few hours after sunset?
48. What is meant by the blocking dynamic range of a receiver?
49. What signals SSTV receiving equipment to begin a new picture line?
50. Which of the following best describes electromagnetic waves traveling in free space?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).