1. Which of the following is the primary advantage of tri-state logic?
2. In Figure E6-3, what is the schematic symbol for a light-emitting diode?
3. Which of the following can cause receiver desensitization?
4. What types of amateur stations may automatically retransmit the radio signals of other amateur stations?
5. How can the output voltage of a multi-turn receiving loop antenna be increased?
6. Which of the following describes a good method for measuring the intermodulation distortion of your own PSK signal?
7. How does ARQ accomplish error correction?
8. What is the deviation ratio of an FM-phone signal having a maximum frequency swing of plus-or-minus 5 kHz when the maximum modulation frequency is 3 kHz?
9. When scheduling EME contacts, which of these conditions will generally result in the least path loss?
10. What is the power factor of an RL circuit having a 45 degree phase angle between the voltage and the current?
11. What is one purpose of a marker generator?
12. What is the approximate physical length of an air-insulated, parallel conductor transmission line that is electrically one-half wavelength long at 14.10 MHz?
13. What is one advantage of a Pi matching network over an L matching network consisting of a single inductor and a single capacitor?
15. Which of the following operating arrangements allows an FCC-licensed US citizen to operate in many European countries, and alien amateurs from many European countries to operate in the US?
16. What must the VE team do with the application form if the examinee does not pass the exam?
17. What is the phase angle between the voltage across and the current through a series RLC circuit if XC is 250 ohms, R is 1 kilohm, and XL is 500 ohms?
18. Exceeding what design rating can cause a cathode ray tube (CRT) to generate X-rays?
19. What is an integrated circuit operational amplifier?
20. What is meant by the term mode as applied to an amateur radio satellite?
21. What is a major cause of atmospheric static?
22. How many times per second is a new frame transmitted in a fast-scan (NTSC) television system?
23. If the boom of a Yagi antenna is lengthened and the elements are properly retuned, what usually occurs?
24. What is the peak voltage of a sinusoidal waveform if an RMS-reading voltmeter reads 34 volts?
25. How are the wavelength scales on a Smith chart calibrated?
26. What would be the most accurate way of measuring the RMS voltage of a complex waveform?
27. What is the Cabrillo format?
28. What do the initials CMOS stand for?
29. Which of these techniques causes a digital signal to appear as wide-band noise to a conventional receiver?
30. What type of frequency synthesizer circuit uses a phase accumulator, lookup table, digital to analog converter and a low-pass anti-alias filter?
31. Which of the following is a desirable amount of selectivity for an amateur SSB phone receiver?
32. If a frequency counter with a specified accuracy of +/- 10 ppm reads 146,520,000 Hz, what is the most the actual frequency being measured could differ from the reading?
33. Which of the following is a commonly used 2-meter APRS frequency?
34. Which amateur bands typically support long-path propagation?
35. What is the resonant frequency of a series RLC circuit if R is 56 ohms, L is 40 microhenrys and C is 200 picofarads?
36. How can linearly polarized Yagi antennas be used to produce circular polarization?
37. Which of the following is a circuit that continuously alternates between two states without an external clock?
38. What term best describes the interactions at the load end of a mismatched transmission line?
39. How may dangerous levels of carbon monoxide from an emergency generator be detected?
40. Which amateur service HF bands have frequencies authorized to space stations?
41. What is the radiation pattern of two 1/4-wavelength vertical antennas spaced 1/2-wavelength apart and fed in phase?
42. In rectangular coordinates, what is the impedance of a circuit that has an admittance of 5 millisiemens at -30 degrees?
43. What happens to the conductivity of a photoconductive material when light shines on it?
44. What is the highest modulation index permitted at the highest modulation frequency for angle modulation?
45. What is the only amateur band where transmission on specific channels rather than a range of frequencies is permitted?
46. How much gain does an antenna have compared to a 1/2-wavelength dipole when it has 6 dB gain over an isotropic antenna?
47. Which of the following effects does Aurora activity have on radio communications?
48. Which of the following describes a common means of generating an SSB signal when using digital signal processing?
49. What is the equivalent circuit of a quartz crystal?
50. What is the purpose of D1 in the circuit shown in Figure E7-3?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).