1. What is an SR or RS flip-flop?
2. What is meant by circularly polarized electromagnetic waves?
3. What magnitude of voltage gain can be expected from the circuit in Figure E7-4 when R1 is 10 ohms and RF is 470 ohms?
4. What device is typically used as a stable reference voltage in a linear voltage regulator?
5. Which of the following can be used as a relative measurement of the Q for a series-tuned circuit?
6. What is the permitted mean power of any spurious emission relative to the mean power of the fundamental emission from a station transmitter or external RF amplifier installed after January 1, 2003, and transmitting on a frequency below 30 MHZ?
7. What is cathode ray tube (CRT) persistence?
8. What is transequatorial propagation?
9. What do the letters FEC mean as they relate to digital operation?
10. Why may the received signal from an amateur satellite exhibit a rapidly repeating fading effect?
11. How are the wavelength scales on a Smith chart calibrated?
12. How do the control operator responsibilities of a station under automatic control differ from one under local control?
13. How does an analog phase modulator function?
14. What would the waveform of a stream of digital data bits look like on a conventional oscilloscope?
15. What impedance does a 1/8-wavelength transmission line present to a generator when the line is shorted at the far end?
16. What are some of the differences between the Baudot digital code and ASCII?
17. Why is it desirable for a ground-mounted satellite communications antenna system to be able to move in both azimuth and elevation?
18. Under what circumstances might the FCC issue a "Special Temporary Authority" (STA) to an amateur station?
19. What is the resonant frequency of a series RLC circuit if R is 56 ohms, L is 40 microhenrys and C is 200 picofarads?
20. Why are there separate electric (E) and magnetic (H) field MPE limits?
21. What is an advantage of using a shielded loop antenna for direction finding?
22. With your transceiver displaying the carrier frequency of phone signals, you hear a DX station calling CQ on 3.601 MHz LSB. Is it legal to return the call using lower sideband on the same frequency?
23. What is the most common configuration of an optoisolator or optocoupler?
24. In polar coordinates, what is the impedance of a network consisting of a 400-ohm-reactance capacitor in series with a 300-ohm resistor?
25. Why would one need to know the feed point impedance of an antenna?
26. What is the Cabrillo format?
27. What is one advantage of a Pi matching network over an L matching network consisting of a single inductor and a single capacitor?
28. What is the term for the time it takes for a charged capacitor in an RC circuit to discharge to 36.8% of its initial voltage?
29. Which of the following materials is likely to provide the highest frequency of operation when used in MMICs?
30. What is the main effect of placing a vertical antenna over an imperfect ground?
31. Which of the following data are used by the APRS network to communicate your location?
32. In what direction is the magnetic field oriented about a conductor in relation to the direction of electron flow?
33. What is one common use for PIN diodes?
34. What is the function of the Vertical Interval Signaling (VIS) code transmitted as part of an SSTV transmission?
35. From the contiguous 48 states, in which approximate direction should an antenna be pointed to take maximum advantage of aurora propagation?
36. In the antenna radiation pattern shown in Figure E9-1, what is the 3-dB beamwidth?
37. In Figure E6-5, what is the schematic symbol for a NAND gate?
38. What is a phase-locked loop circuit?
39. Which of the following is a desirable amount of selectivity for an amateur RTTY HF receiver?
40. Which of these instruments could be used for detailed analysis of digital signals?
41. What class of licensee is authorized to be the control operator of a space station?
42. Which of these methods can be used to combine several separate analog information streams into a single analog radio frequency signal?
43. What is one disadvantage of using some types of automatic DSP notch-filters when attempting to copy CW signals?
44. Which of the following forms the output of a class D amplifier circuit?
45. What is the purpose of the series capacitor in a gamma-type antenna matching network?
46. In Figure E6-1, what is the schematic symbol for a PNP transistor?
47. Which of the following is a good technique for making meteor-scatter contacts?
48. How can intermodulation interference between two repeaters occur?
49. Which of the following best describes the Volunteer Examiner accreditation process?
50. What additional circuitry must be added to a 100-kHz crystal-controlled marker generator so as to provide markers at 50 and 25 kHz?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).