1. How can intermodulation interference between two repeaters occur?
2. What is equivalent to the root-mean-square value of an AC voltage?
3. In polar coordinates, what is the impedance of a network consisting of a 100-ohm-reactance capacitor in series with a 100-ohm resistor?
4. How must the driven element in a 3-element Yagi be tuned to use a hairpin matching system?
5. What is the front-to-back ratio of the radiation pattern shown in Figure E9-2?
6. Which of the following oscillator circuits are commonly used in VFOs?
7. What is the beta of a bipolar junction transistor?
8. What technique is used to minimize the bandwidth requirements of a PSK31 signal?
9. What class of licensee is authorized to be the control operator of a space station?
10. Why are received spread-spectrum signals resistant to interference?
11. Which of the following factors may affect the feed point impedance of an antenna?
12. On what frequencies are spread spectrum transmissions permitted?
13. What must the VE team do if an examinee scores a passing grade on all examination elements needed for an upgrade or new license?
14. What happens if a dip meter is too tightly coupled to a tuned circuit being checked?
15. What is the time constant of a circuit having two 220-microfarad capacitors and two 1-megohm resistors, all in parallel?
16. What is one advantage of using a trapped antenna?
17. What is the result of skin effect?
18. Which of the following could account for hearing an echo on the received signal of a distant station?
19. Which of these instruments could be used for detailed analysis of digital signals?
20. When using a transceiver that displays the carrier frequency of phone signals, which of the following displayed frequencies represents the lowest frequency at which a properly adjusted LSB emission will be totally within the band?
21. Which of the following frequency ranges is well suited for meteor-scatter communications?
22. How can an APRS station be used to help support a public service communications activity?
23. What do the letters FEC mean as they relate to digital operation?
24. What is the approximate physical length of an air-insulated, parallel conductor transmission line that is electrically one-half wavelength long at 14.10 MHz?
25. How can the output voltage of a multi-turn receiving loop antenna be increased?
26. What type of circuit is shown in Figure E7-3?
27. Which of these modes is most affected by non-linear phase response in a receiver IF filter?
28. What is an important characteristic of a Schottky diode as compared to an ordinary silicon diode when used as a power supply rectifier?
29. Which of the following is a technique for providing high stability oscillators needed for microwave transmission and reception?
30. What devices are commonly used as VHF and UHF parasitic suppressors at the input and output terminals of transistorized HF amplifiers?
31. What is the resonant frequency of a series RLC circuit if R is 22 ohms, L is 50 microhenrys and C is 40 picofarads?
32. In Figure E7-1, what is the purpose of R3?
33. Which insulating material commonly used as a thermal conductor for some types of electronic devices is extremely toxic if broken or crushed and the particles are accidentally inhaled?
34. In Figure E6-5, what is the schematic symbol for a NAND gate?
35. Which of the following noise figure values is typical of a low-noise UHF preamplifier?
36. What is the orbital period of an Earth satellite?
37. How many flip-flops are required to divide a signal frequency by 4?
38. What must be done before placing an amateur station within an officially designated wilderness area or wildlife preserve, or an area listed in the National Register of Historical Places?
39. Which emission mode is best for Aurora propagation?
40. What is the typical output impedance of an integrated circuit op-amp?
41. What is one disadvantage of using some types of automatic DSP notch-filters when attempting to copy CW signals?
42. What input-amplitude parameter is valuable in evaluating the signal-handling capability of a Class A amplifier?
43. Which of the following is often determined using a Smith chart?
44. What is the deviation ratio of an FM-phone signal having a maximum frequency swing of plus or minus 7.5 kHz when the maximum modulation frequency is 3.5 kHz?
45. What type of computer program technique is commonly used for modeling antennas?
46. What is the maximum permissible duration of a remotely controlled station's transmissions if its control link malfunctions?
47. Which of the following describes a common means of generating an SSB signal when using digital signal processing?
48. What is photoconductivity?
49. What hardware, other than a receiver with SSB capability and a suitable computer, is needed to decode SSTV using Digital Radio Mondiale (DRM)?
50. What is the primary source of noise that can be heard from an HF receiver with an antenna connected?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).