1. Which of the following types of amateur station communications are prohibited?
2. What is the purpose of a prescaler circuit?
3. What frequency range would you normally tune to find EME signals in the 70 cm band?
4. When evaluating a site with multiple transmitters operating at the same time, the operators and licensees of which transmitters are responsible for mitigating over-exposure situations?
5. What types of amateur stations may automatically retransmit the radio signals of other amateur stations?
6. What is the equivalent lumped-constant network for a hairpin matching system on a 3-element Yagi?
7. Which of the following is a type of capacitor best suited for use in high-stability op-amp RC active filter circuits?
8. What is an advantage of using digital signals instead of analog signals to convey the same information?
9. What is a crystal lattice filter?
10. How does the radiation pattern of a horizontally polarized 3-element beam antenna vary with its height above ground?
11. What parameter does the modulating signal vary in a pulse-position modulation system?
12. What is the advantage of including a parity bit with an ASCII character stream?
13. Which of the following is an advantage of CMOS logic devices over TTL devices?
14. What is a telecommand station in the amateur satellite service?
15. How does a narrow-band roofing filter affect receiver performance?
16. What is the direction of a descending pass for an amateur satellite?
17. What is the power factor of an RL circuit having a 30 degree phase angle between the voltage and the current?
18. What is the term for the time required for the capacitor in an RC circuit to be charged to 63.2% of the applied voltage?
19. Which of the following is a typical value for the peak-to-peak voltage at a standard U.S. household electrical outlet?
20. Which of the following is a circuit that continuously alternates between two states without an external clock?
21. In polar coordinates, what is the impedance of a network consisting of a 400-ohm-reactance inductor in parallel with a 300-ohm resistor?
22. What is meant by the term baseband in radio communications?
23. What might be the cause of a loud roaring or buzzing AC line interference that comes and goes at intervals?
24. What is the triangulation method of direction finding?
25. What core material property determines the inductance of a toroidal inductor?
26. In Figure E7-1, what is the purpose of R1 and R2?
27. What is the permitted mean power of any spurious emission relative to the mean power of the fundamental emission from a station transmitter or external RF amplifier installed after January 1, 2003, and transmitting on a frequency below 30 MHZ?
28. What is the magnitude of the impedance of a series RLC circuit at resonance?
29. What is the difference between direct FSK and audio FSK?
30. How is an interlaced scanning pattern generated in a fast-scan (NTSC) television system?
31. What is the approximate physical length of a solid polyethylene dielectric coaxial transmission line that is electrically one-quarter wavelength long at 14.1 MHz?
32. What does a third-order intercept level of 40 dBm mean with respect to receiver performance?
33. What third family of circles is often added to a Smith chart during the process of solving problems?
34. What is the most common configuration of an optoisolator or optocoupler?
35. When using a transceiver that displays the carrier frequency of phone signals, which of the following displayed frequencies represents the highest frequency at which a properly adjusted USB emission will be totally within the band?
36. What may occur when a directional antenna is operated at different frequencies within the band for which it was designed?
37. What kind of filter would you use to attenuate an interfering carrier signal while receiving an SSB transmission?
38. How much gain does an antenna have compared to a 1/2-wavelength dipole when it has 6 dB gain over an isotropic antenna?
39. Which amateur bands typically support long-path propagation?
40. What might help to restore contact when DX signals become too weak to copy across an entire HF band a few hours after sunset?
41. What are the majority charge carriers in P-type semiconductor material?
42. Which of the following describes a type of semiconductor diode?
43. What happens if a dip meter is too tightly coupled to a tuned circuit being checked?
44. Which of the following test instruments is used to display spurious signals from a radio transmitter?
45. How can linearly polarized Yagi antennas be used to produce circular polarization?
46. What is one purpose of a "bleeder" resistor in a conventional (unregulated) power supply?
47. How does JT65 improve EME communications?
48. What is the radiation pattern of two 1/4-wavelength vertical antennas spaced 1/4-wavelength apart and fed 90 degrees out of phase?
49. Where are the questions for all written US amateur license examinations listed?
50. Which of the following oscillator circuits are commonly used in VFOs?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).