1. What term describes station output, including the transmitter, antenna and everything in between, when considering transmitter power and system gains and losses?
2. What is a crystal lattice filter?
3. What may be the penalty for a VE who fraudulently administers or certifies an examination?
4. Amateur stations may not transmit in which of the following frequency segments if they are located in the contiguous 48 states and north of Line A?
5. What type of coordinate system is used in a Smith chart?
6. How should a portable antenna analyzer be connected when measuring antenna resonance and feed point impedance?
7. What is the necessary bandwidth of a 13-WPM international Morse code transmission?
8. Which filter type is described as having ripple in the passband and a sharp cutoff?
9. How can unwanted ringing and audio instability be prevented in a multi-section op-amp RC audio filter circuit?
10. What characterizes libration fading of an Earth-Moon-Earth signal?
11. What alternate method of determining frequency, other than by directly counting input pulses, is used by some counters?
12. What is a folded dipole antenna?
13. How is the far-field elevation pattern of a vertically polarized antenna affected by being mounted over seawater versus rocky ground?
14. What is the failure mechanism when a junction diode fails due to excessive current?
15. What is a telecommand station in the amateur satellite service?
16. Which of the following can cause receiver desensitization?
17. Which of the following describes how the loading and tuning capacitors are to be adjusted when tuning a vacuum tube RF power amplifier that employs a pi-network output circuit?
18. How many turns will be required to produce a 1-mH inductor using a ferrite toroidal core that has an inductance index (A L) value of 523 millihenrys/1000 turns?
19. What is one way a single-sideband phone signal can be generated?
20. What must be done before placing an amateur station within an officially designated wilderness area or wildlife preserve, or an area listed in the National Register of Historical Places?
21. What is the most common type of photovoltaic cell used for electrical power generation?
22. What is meant by automatic control of a station?
23. What type of antenna can be used to minimize the effects of spin modulation and Faraday rotation?
24. What usually occurs if a Yagi antenna is designed solely for maximum forward gain?
25. When using rectangular coordinates to graph the impedance of a circuit, what does the horizontal axis represent?
26. Which of the following injuries can result from using high-power UHF or microwave transmitters?
27. How does the performance of a horizontally polarized antenna mounted on the side of a hill compare with the same antenna mounted on flat ground?
28. What is equivalent to the root-mean-square value of an AC voltage?
29. Which type of digital communication does not support keyboard-to-keyboard operation?
30. How many lines are commonly used in each frame on an amateur slow-scan color television picture?
31. What logic state do the inputs of a TTL device assume if they are left open?
32. Which of the following is an advantage of using an antenna analyzer compared to an SWR bridge to measure antenna SWR?
33. What is the name for logic which represents a logic "1" as a high voltage?
34. In Figure E6-2, what is the schematic symbol for a P-channel junction FET?
35. What is the deviation ratio of an FM-phone signal having a maximum frequency swing of plus or minus 7.5 kHz when the maximum modulation frequency is 3.5 kHz?
36. Which of the following is the most likely cause if you are hearing combinations of local AM broadcast signals within one or more of the MF or HF ham bands?
37. Why might a DX station state that they are listening on another frequency?
38. What is the peak voltage of a sinusoidal waveform if an RMS-reading voltmeter reads 34 volts?
39. What is the primary source of noise that can be heard from an HF receiver with an antenna connected?
40. What is the phase angle between the voltage across and the current through a series RLC circuit if XC is 25 ohms, R is 100 ohms, and XL is 50 ohms?
41. Which of the following would provide the best RF ground for your station?
42. How does ladder line compare to small-diameter coaxial cable such as RG-58 at 50 MHz?
43. What is the phase relationship between the current through and the voltage across a series resonant circuit at resonance?
44. What is the purpose of Q1 in the circuit shown in Figure E7-3?
45. Which of the following types of packet frames is used to transmit APRS beacon data?
46. Which of the following creates a magnetic field?
47. Which of these functions can be performed by a phase-locked loop?
48. What is the name of an antenna matching system that matches an unbalanced feed line to an antenna by feeding the driven element both at the center of the element and at a fraction of a wavelength to one side of center?
49. What is the cause of gray-line propagation?
50. When using a transceiver that displays the carrier frequency of phone signals, which of the following displayed frequencies represents the lowest frequency at which a properly adjusted LSB emission will be totally within the band?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).