1. What advantage does a Pi-L-network have over a Pi-network for impedance matching between the final amplifier of a vacuum-tube transmitter and an antenna?
2. What is a common use for point contact diodes?
3. What is the power factor of an RL circuit having a 45 degree phase angle between the voltage and the current?
4. Who is responsible for the proper conduct and necessary supervision during an amateur operator license examination session?
5. Why is de-emphasis commonly used in FM communications receivers?
6. What is the purpose of C3 in the circuit shown in Figure E7-3?
7. How can you determine if line noise interference is being generated within your home?
8. Which of the following oscillator circuits are commonly used in VFOs?
9. What function does a charge-coupled device (CCD) serve in a modern video camera?
10. What is resonance in an electrical circuit?
11. What is the term for the reduction in receiver sensitivity caused by a strong signal near the received frequency?
12. What is a solid state relay?
13. What is the term for the blocking of one FM phone signal by another, stronger FM phone signal?
14. What is the purpose of a frequency counter?
15. What is the maximum power output permitted on the 60 meter band?
16. What is the main effect of placing a vertical antenna over an imperfect ground?
17. How is power-supply voltage normally furnished to the most common type of monolithic microwave integrated circuit (MMIC)?
18. Where in the ionosphere does Aurora activity occur?
19. Which of the following injuries can result from using high-power UHF or microwave transmitters?
20. Which of the following is a characteristic of a grounded-grid amplifier?
21. What is the approximate physical length of a solid polyethylene dielectric coaxial transmission line that is electrically one-quarter wavelength long at 7.2 MHz?
22. How does the modulation index of a phase-modulated emission vary with RF carrier frequency (the modulated frequency)?
23. What is the effect of ringing in a filter?
24. Which of the following is a characteristic of a good DC voltmeter?
25. What is the term for the time it takes for a charged capacitor in an RC circuit to discharge to 36.8% of its initial voltage?
26. In Figure E6-2, what is the schematic symbol for a P-channel junction FET?
27. Which of the following special provisions must a space station incorporate in order to comply with space station requirements?
28. Which of the following parameters would a spectrum analyzer display on the horizontal axis?
29. Which of the following statements concerning remotely controlled amateur stations is true?
30. If the boom of a Yagi antenna is lengthened and the elements are properly retuned, what usually occurs?
31. What is the purpose of the series capacitor in a gamma-type antenna matching network?
32. In polar coordinates, what is the impedance of a circuit that has an admittance of 7.09 millisiemens at 45 degrees?
33. What is one advantage of using JT-65 coding?
34. What would be the most accurate way of measuring the RMS voltage of a complex waveform?
35. What is the main drawback of a wire-loop antenna for direction finding?
36. On which of the following frequencies is an amateur radio contest contact generally discouraged?
37. What is a D flip-flop?
38. What happens to feed point impedance at the base of a fixed-length HF mobile antenna as the frequency of operation is lowered?
39. What is the function of the Vertical Interval Signaling (VIS) code transmitted as part of an SSTV transmission?
40. On what band would a satellite receive signals if it were operating in mode U/V?
41. What is the highest modulation index permitted at the highest modulation frequency for angle modulation?
42. Which of the following best describes one of the standards that must be met by an external RF power amplifier if it is to qualify for a grant of FCC certification?
43. How can an APRS station be used to help support a public service communications activity?
44. What is the PEP output of a transmitter that develops a peak voltage of 30 volts into a 50-ohm load?
45. What is meant by the radiation resistance of an antenna?
46. Which of the following can be calculated using a Smith chart?
47. What frequency range would you normally tune to find EME signals in the 2 meter band?
48. At what time of day is gray-line propagation most likely to occur?
49. What is indicated when one of the ellipses in an FSK crossed-ellipse display suddenly disappears?
50. In Figure E6-5, what is the schematic symbol for an AND gate?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).