1. What is the radiation pattern of two 1/4-wavelength vertical antennas spaced 1/2-wavelength apart and fed in phase?
2. What transmitter frequencies would cause an intermodulation-product signal in a receiver tuned to 146.70 MHz when a nearby station transmits on 146.52 MHz?
3. What characteristics of the MMIC make it a popular choice for VHF through microwave circuits?
4. Who may be the control operator of an auxiliary station?
5. What is the phase angle between the voltage across and the current through a series RLC circuit if XC is 25 ohms, R is 100 ohms, and XL is 50 ohms?
6. How much gain does an antenna have compared to a 1/2-wavelength dipole when it has 6 dB gain over an isotropic antenna?
7. Which of the following is a technique for providing high stability oscillators needed for microwave transmission and reception?
8. Why do CMOS digital integrated circuits have high immunity to noise on the input signal or power supply?
9. What is a disadvantage of decreasing the number of wire segments in an antenna model below the guideline of 10 segments per half-wavelength?
10. What is indicated if the current reading on an RF ammeter placed in series with the antenna feed line of a transmitter increases as the transmitter is tuned to resonance?
11. How many turns will be required to produce a 5-microhenry inductor using a powdered-iron toroidal core that has an inductance index (A L) value of 40 microhenrys/100 turns?
12. With your transceiver displaying the carrier frequency of phone signals, you hear a DX station's CQ on 14.349 MHz USB. Is it legal to return the call using upper sideband on the same frequency?
13. What is reactive power?
14. What is meant by the term mode as applied to an amateur radio satellite?
15. Which of the following describes the construction of a receiving loop antenna?
16. Which of the following amplifier types reduces or eliminates even-order harmonics?
17. Which of the following measurements is characteristic of a mismatched transmission line?
18. What are the two families of circles and arcs that make up a Smith chart?
19. Which of the following tests establishes that a silicon NPN junction transistor is biased on?
20. Which of the following types of conductor would be best for minimizing losses in a station's RF ground system?
21. What is the name for logic which represents a logic "0" as a high voltage?
22. What types of amateur stations may automatically retransmit the radio signals of other amateur stations?
23. From which of the following bands is amateur radio contesting generally excluded?
24. What spread-spectrum communications technique alters the center frequency of a conventional carrier many times per second in accordance with a pseudo-random list of channels?
25. Which of the following HF digital modes uses variable-length coding for bandwidth efficiency?
26. Which of the following portions of a receiver can be effective in eliminating image signal interference?
27. What impedance does a 1/2-wavelength transmission line present to a generator when the line is shorted at the far end?
28. What is the name given to an impurity atom that adds holes to a semiconductor crystal structure?
29. When a meteor strikes the Earth's atmosphere, a cylindrical region of free electrons is formed at what layer of the ionosphere?
30. Which of the following digital modes is especially useful for EME communications?
31. What is meant by the term baseband in radio communications?
32. What is the phase relationship between the current through and the voltage across a series resonant circuit at resonance?
33. What is one disadvantage of using some types of automatic DSP notch-filters when attempting to copy CW signals?
34. From the contiguous 48 states, in which approximate direction should an antenna be pointed to take maximum advantage of aurora propagation?
35. What is the maximum bandwidth for a data emission on 60 meters?
36. What is the cause of gray-line propagation?
37. When evaluating RF exposure levels from your station at a neighbor's home, what must you do?
38. Which point on Figure E5-2 best represents the impedance of a series circuit consisting of a 300-ohm resistor, a 0.64-microhenry inductor and an 85-picofarad capacitor at 24.900 MHz?
39. Which of the following describes a type of semiconductor diode?
40. Which of the following types of linear voltage regulator usually make the most efficient use of the primary power source?
41. What is the PEP output of a transmitter that develops a peak voltage of 30 volts into a 50-ohm load?
42. Which of the following describes frequency division multiplexing?
43. What hardware, other than a receiver with SSB capability and a suitable computer, is needed to decode SSTV using Digital Radio Mondiale (DRM)?
44. Which of these methods is commonly used to convert analog signals to digital signals?
45. Which of the following is the most appropriate use of an op-amp active filter?
46. What is the most common type of photovoltaic cell used for electrical power generation?
47. What may be the penalty for a VE who fraudulently administers or certifies an examination?
48. Which amateur stations are eligible to operate as Earth stations?
49. What condition must exist for a circuit to oscillate?
50. Which filter type is described as having ripple in the passband and a sharp cutoff?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).