1. Which amateur band are you using when your station is transmitting on 146.52 MHz?
2. Which of the following types of solder is best for radio and electronic use?
3. Which of the following is a good electrical conductor?
4. What is the term used to describe the use of a sub-audible tone transmitted with normal voice audio to open the squelch of a receiver?
5. Which of the following is common practice during net operations to get the immediate attention of the net control station when reporting an emergency?
6. What type of receiver is shown in Figure T6?
7. What is the meaning of the procedural signal "CQ"?
8. When the control operator is not the station licensee, who is responsible for the proper operation of the station?
9. How many volts are equal to one kilovolt?
10. What does an antenna tuner do?
11. Which of the following is an acceptable method to determine that your station complies with FCC RF exposure regulations?
12. What electrical component is used to protect other circuit components from current overloads?
13. Which of the following types of transmissions are prohibited?
14. What is a symptom of RF feedback in a transmitter or transceiver?
15. What is component 3 in figure T1?
16. What is the normal term for an FCC-issued primary station/operator license grant?
17. Which of the following is true concerning grounding conductors used for lightning protection?
18. What is the source of a high-pitched whine that varies with engine speed in a mobile transceiver's receive audio?
19. Which of the following is an example of a digital communications method?
20. What is the FCC Part 97 definition of an amateur station?
21. Which type of voice modulation is most often used for long-distance or weak signal contacts on the VHF and UHF bands?
22. What is the current flowing through a 100-ohm resistor connected across 200 volts?
23. Which of the following is used together with an inductor to make a tuned circuit?
24. What method of call sign identification is required for a station transmitting phone signals?
25. How much power is being used in a circuit when the applied voltage is 12 volts DC and the current is 2.5 amperes?
26. In which direction is the radiation strongest from a half-wave dipole antenna in free space?
27. Which of the following propagation types is most commonly associated with occasional strong over-the-horizon signals on the 10, 6, and 2 meter bands?
28. Which amateur stations may make contact with an amateur station on the International Space Station using 2 meter and 70 cm band amateur radio frequencies?
29. What frequency range is referred to as HF?
30. What antenna polarization is normally used for long-distance weak-signal CW and SSB contacts using the VHF and UHF bands?
31. What is the maximum power allowed when transmitting telecommand signals to radio controlled models?
32. What happens to power lost in a feedline?
33. How does current flowing through the body cause a health hazard?
34. What is the advantage of having multiple receive bandwidth choices on a multimode transceiver?
35. What does the abbreviation "FET" stand for?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).