1. Which of the following describes the common meaning of the term repeater offset?
2. What determines the transmitting privileges of an amateur station?
3. Which of the following is the most common cause for failure of coaxial cables?
4. What set of rules applies to proper operation of your station when using amateur radio at the request of public service officials?
5. What must you do if you are operating on the 23 cm band and learn that you are interfering with a radiolocation station outside the United States?
6. What type of switch is represented by item 3 in figure T2?
7. Why are UHF signals often more effective from inside buildings than VHF signals?
8. What is component 4 in figure T2?
9. What is the name for the distance a radio wave travels during one complete cycle?
10. What is the approximate bandwidth of a VHF repeater FM phone signal?
11. What is a grid locator?
12. Which of the following measurements are commonly made using a multimeter?
13. What is meant by fundamental overload in reference to a receiver?
14. How many microfarads are 1,000,000 picofarads?
15. Why is it important to have a low SWR in an antenna system that uses coaxial cable feedline?
16. Which of the following restrictions apply when appending a self-assigned call sign indicator?
17. What do the initials LEO tell you about an amateur satellite?
18. What code is used when sending CW in the amateur bands?
19. Why is it unwise to install a 20-ampere fuse in the place of a 5-ampere fuse?
20. What is a good reason not to use a "rubber duck" antenna inside your car?
21. Which of the following frequencies has the lowest Maximum Permissible Exposure limit?
22. If figure T5 represents a transceiver in which block 1 is the transmitter portion and block 3 is the receiver portion, what is the function of block 2?
23. What type of filter should be connected to a TV receiver as the first step in trying to prevent RF overload from a nearby 2 meter transmitter?
24. What electrical component is used to protect other circuit components from current overloads?
25. What should you transmit when responding to a call of CQ?
26. Who selects a Frequency Coordinator?
27. What determines the amount of deviation of an FM signal?
28. What do the FCC rules mean when an amateur frequency band is said to be available on a secondary basis?
29. Which of the following establishes grounding requirements for an amateur radio tower or antenna?
30. What mode is responsible for allowing over-the-horizon VHF and UHF communications to ranges of approximately 300 miles on a regular basis?
31. Which of the following types of transmissions are prohibited?
32. What is the current flow in a circuit with an applied voltage of 120 volts and a resistance of 80 ohms?
33. Which of these components is made of three layers of semiconductor material?
34. What is the ability to store energy in an electric field called?
35. What is the name for a current that reverses direction on a regular basis?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).