1. Which of the following propagation types is most commonly associated with occasional strong over-the-horizon signals on the 10, 6, and 2 meter bands?
2. What is the advantage of having multiple receive bandwidth choices on a multimode transceiver?
3. How many amperes are flowing in a circuit when the applied voltage is 12 volts DC and the load is 120 watts?
4. What is meant by the statement that a satellite is operating in "mode U/V"?
5. Which battery type is not rechargeable?
6. What is the FCC Part 97 definition of a space station?
7. Who does the FCC presume to be the control operator of an amateur station, unless documentation to the contrary is in the station records?
8. Which of these items would be useful for a hidden transmitter hunt?
9. What electrical difference exists between the smaller RG-58 and larger RG-8 coaxial cables?
10. Which of the following is true concerning the microphone connectors on amateur transceivers?
11. Which of the following is common practice during net operations to get the immediate attention of the net control station when reporting an emergency?
12. Which of the following frequencies has the lowest Maximum Permissible Exposure limit?
13. Who is accountable should a repeater inadvertently retransmit communications that violate the FCC rules?
14. What is the current flow in a circuit with an applied voltage of 120 volts and a resistance of 80 ohms?
15. What, in general terms, is standing wave ratio (SWR)?
16. What term is commonly used to describe the rapid fluttering sound sometimes heard from mobile stations that are moving while transmitting?
17. Which of the following is a form of amplitude modulation?
18. How much voltage does a mobile transceiver usually require?
19. Which amateur band are you using when your station is transmitting on 146.52 MHz?
20. What device takes the output of a low-powered 28 MHz SSB exciter and produces a 222 MHz output signal?
21. What best describes a relay?
23. What electronic component allows current to flow in only one direction?
24. What is the "Q" signal used to indicate that you are changing frequency?
25. Which of the following may be useful in correcting a radio frequency interference problem?
26. If your license has expired and is still within the allowable grace period, may you continue to operate a transmitter on amateur service frequencies?
27. Which of these precautions should be taken when installing devices for lightning protection in a coaxial cable feedline?
28. In which direction is the radiation strongest from a half-wave dipole antenna in free space?
29. What should you transmit when responding to a call of CQ?
30. What do the symbols on an electrical circuit schematic diagram represent?
31. What property of radio waves is often used to identify the different frequency bands?
32. Which of the following types of solder is best for radio and electronic use?
33. What is the approximate amount of change, measured in decibels (dB), of a power increase from 20 watts to 200 watts?
34. On which of the following occasions may an FCC-licensed amateur station exchange messages with a U.S. military station?
35. Which of the following is an important safety precaution to observe when putting up an antenna tower?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).