1. What is the meaning of the procedural signal "CQ"?
2. Which instrument would you use to measure electric potential or electromotive force?
3. What is a symptom of RF feedback in a transmitter or transceiver?
4. Which of these precautions should be taken when installing devices for lightning protection in a coaxial cable feedline?
5. Which of the following types of feedline has the lowest loss at VHF and UHF?
6. What is component 4 in figure T1?
7. What is an amateur station control point?
8. When using a directional antenna, how might your station be able to access a distant repeater if buildings or obstructions are blocking the direct line of sight path?
9. What electronic component allows current to flow in only one direction?
10. Which of the following is a good electrical conductor?
11. What emission modes are permitted in the mode-restricted sub-bands at 50.0 to 50.1 MHz and 144.0 to 144.1 MHz?
12. Who is accountable should a repeater inadvertently retransmit communications that violate the FCC rules?
13. What should you do if you receive a report that your station's transmissions are causing splatter or interference on nearby frequencies?
14. What is the current flowing through a 100-ohm resistor connected across 200 volts?
15. What is the radio horizon?
16. What electrical parameter is controlled by a potentiometer?
17. In which direction is the radiation strongest from a half-wave dipole antenna in free space?
18. What type of filter should be connected to a TV receiver as the first step in trying to prevent RF overload from a nearby 2 meter transmitter?
19. Which of the following may be included in packet transmissions?
20. If an ammeter calibrated in amperes is used to measure a 3000-milliampere current, what reading would it show?
21. How much power is being used in a circuit when the applied voltage is 12 volts DC and the current is 2.5 amperes?
22. What is the approximate velocity of a radio wave as it travels through free space?
23. How soon may you operate a transmitter on an amateur service frequency after you pass the examination required for your first amateur radio license?
24. What happens to power lost in a feedline?
25. What device takes the output of a low-powered 28 MHz SSB exciter and produces a 222 MHz output signal?
26. Which of the following entities recommends transmit/receive channels and other parameters for auxiliary and repeater stations?
27. What is meant by "duty cycle" when referring to RF exposure?
28. What name is given to an amateur radio station that is used to connect other amateur stations to the Internet?
29. Which of the following is a form of amplitude modulation?
30. What is the only time an amateur station is authorized to transmit music?
31. Which of the following is commonly used as a visual indicator?
32. Which of the following is an important safety precaution to observe when putting up an antenna tower?
33. With regard to satellite communications, what is Doppler shift?
34. Which of the following can be used to enter the operating frequency on a modern transceiver?
35. What is usually considered to be the most important job of an amateur operator when handling emergency traffic messages?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).