1. Which of the following is true regarding vertical antennas?
2. What is meant by "duty cycle" when referring to RF exposure?
3. What is the correct way to connect a voltmeter to a circuit?
4. What is the ability to store energy in a magnetic field called?
5. Which of the following is used together with an inductor to make a tuned circuit?
6. If a frequency readout calibrated in megahertz shows a reading of 3.525 MHz, what would it show if it were calibrated in kilohertz?
7. What is a satellite beacon?
8. What is a good precaution to observe before climbing an antenna tower?
9. What is the name for a current that flows only in one direction?
10. Which of the following entities recommends transmit/receive channels and other parameters for auxiliary and repeater stations?
11. What might be the problem if you receive a report that your audio signal through the repeater is distorted or unintelligible?
12. What is the voltage across a 10-ohm resistor if a current of 2 amperes flows through it?
13. Which of these components can be used as an electronic switch or amplifier?
14. Which of these items would be useful for a hidden transmitter hunt?
15. On which of the following occasions may an FCC-licensed amateur station exchange messages with a U.S. military station?
16. Which would you use to reduce RF current flowing on the shield of an audio cable?
17. What should you do if another operator reports that your station's 2 meter signals were strong just a moment ago, but now they are weak or distorted?
18. To which foreign stations do the FCC rules authorize the transmission of non-emergency third party communications?
19. What generally happens as the frequency of a signal passing through coaxial cable is increased?
20. What are the FCC rules regarding power levels used in the amateur bands?
21. When are you allowed to operate your amateur station in a foreign country?
22. What is the name for standardized representations of components in an electrical wiring diagram?
23. Which 70 cm frequency is authorized to a Technician Class license holder operating in ITU Region 2?
24. When may an amateur station use any means of radio communications at its disposal for essential communications in connection with immediate safety of human life and protection of property?
25. What is the purpose of a fuse in an electrical circuit?
26. What happens to power lost in a feedline?
27. What does the term APRS mean?
28. What frequency range is referred to as HF?
29. What is the typical bandwidth of analog fast-scan TV transmissions on the 70 cm band?
30. What type of electrical component consists of two or more conductive surfaces separated by an insulator?
31. Which of the following propagation types is most commonly associated with occasional strong over-the-horizon signals on the 10, 6, and 2 meter bands?
32. What is the term used to describe an amateur station that is transmitting and receiving on the same frequency?
33. What determines the transmitting privileges of an amateur station?
34. Which of the following is an appropriate receive filter to select in order to minimize noise and interference for SSB reception?
35. What is the function of a mixer in a superheterodyne receiver?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).