1. Which instrument is used to measure electric current?
2. What is a good reason not to use a "rubber duck" antenna inside your car?
3. Which of the following may be useful in correcting a radio frequency interference problem?
4. What is component 4 in figure T1?
5. What can happen if a lead-acid storage battery is charged or discharged too quickly?
6. What is a "parity" bit?
7. Which battery type is not rechargeable?
8. What should you do to minimize disruptions to an emergency traffic net once you have checked in?
9. What type of amateur station simultaneously retransmits the signal of another amateur station on a different channel or channels?
10. From which of the following may an FCC-licensed amateur station transmit, in addition to places where the FCC regulates communications?
11. What is a satellite beacon?
12. Where should a mobile transceiver's power negative connection be made?
13. Why should coax connectors exposed to the weather be sealed against water intrusion?
14. What is the approximate bandwidth of a single sideband voice signal?
15. Which of the following actions might amateur operators take to prevent exposure to RF radiation in excess of FCC-supplied limits?
16. What does the term "RIT" mean?
17. Which 23 cm frequency is authorized to a Technician Class operator license?
18. What is the only time an amateur station is authorized to transmit music?
19. What is the FCC Part 97 definition of telecommand?
20. What is the function of component 2 in Figure T1?
21. What is the approximate amount of change, measured in decibels (dB), of a power increase from 5 watts to 10 watts?
22. What is the name for a current that reverses direction on a regular basis?
23. What is the resistance in a circuit for which the applied voltage is 12 volts and the current flow is 1.5 amperes?
24. Who must designate the station control operator?
25. What mode is responsible for allowing over-the-horizon VHF and UHF communications to ranges of approximately 300 miles on a regular basis?
26. What name is given to an amateur radio station that is used to connect other amateur stations to the Internet?
27. What electronic component allows current to flow in only one direction?
28. Which of the following instruments can be used to determine if an antenna is resonant at the desired operating frequency?
29. What type of receiver is shown in Figure T6?
30. What is the formula used to calculate electrical power in a DC circuit?
31. Which part of the atmosphere enables the propagation of radio signals around the world?
32. What is the meaning of the procedural signal "CQ"?
33. What are the frequency limits of the VHF spectrum?
34. Which of the following is an important safety precaution to observe when putting up an antenna tower?
35. What is the term used to describe the use of a sub-audible tone transmitted with normal voice audio to open the squelch of a receiver?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).