1. Which of the following controls could be used if the voice pitch of a single-sideband signal seems too high or low?
2. Which of the following types of solder is best for radio and electronic use?
3. What should you do first if someone tells you that your station's transmissions are interfering with their radio or TV reception?
4. What is a good reason not to use a "rubber duck" antenna inside your car?
5. Which of the following is true when making a test transmission?
6. What is an amateur station control point?
7. Which of the following may be included in packet transmissions?
8. When is an amateur station required to transmit its assigned call sign?
9. What determines the amount of deviation of an FM signal?
10. What is component 6 in figure T2?
11. With regard to satellite communications, what is Doppler shift?
12. What is the grace period following the expiration of an amateur license within which the license may be renewed?
13. What is the cause of irregular fading of signals from distant stations during times of generally good reception?
14. Which of the following is a common use of coaxial cable?
15. Which sideband is normally used for 10 meter HF, VHF and UHF single-sideband communications?
16. What circuit is pictured in Figure T7, if block 1 is a frequency discriminator?
17. What is the voltage across a 2-ohm resistor if a current of 0.5 amperes flows through it?
18. What is the ability to store energy in an electric field called?
19. What electronic component allows current to flow in only one direction?
20. What is the electrical term for the electromotive force (EMF) that causes electron flow?
21. What is the purpose of a gin pole?
22. Which of these items would be useful for a hidden transmitter hunt?
23. What mode is responsible for allowing over-the-horizon VHF and UHF communications to ranges of approximately 300 miles on a regular basis?
24. Why is coaxial cable used more often than any other feedline for amateur radio antenna systems?
25. If a frequency readout calibrated in megahertz shows a reading of 3.525 MHz, what would it show if it were calibrated in kilohertz?
26. Which would you use to reduce RF current flowing on the shield of an audio cable?
27. Which 23 cm frequency is authorized to a Technician Class operator license?
28. What can happen if a lead-acid storage battery is charged or discharged too quickly?
29. What electrical component is usually composed of a coil of wire?
30. Under which of the following circumstances are amateur stations authorized to transmit signals related to broadcasting, program production, or news gathering, assuming no other means is available?
31. What are the two components of a radio wave?
32. How can you make sure your station stays in compliance with RF safety regulations?
33. What instrument other than an SWR meter could you use to determine if a feedline and antenna are properly matched?
34. What agency regulates and enforces the rules for the Amateur Radio Service in the United States?
35. What should you do to minimize disruptions to an emergency traffic net once you have checked in?
Warning! You skipped 0 question(s).